Sign in to follow this  
alien72

Reloading while running an jumping

I'd really like these two features to be included in opf2.

I hate when i'm forced to run all around a wooden fence.

If i were in the middle of a battle I would simply jump over it!

both have been suggested many many times

reloading on the run: yes, id like to see...or atleast walking

jumping: no, people would abuse it (anyone remember bunny hopping in CheaterStrike?) though a system like they had in Rogue Spear would be great (walk upto and then get an option to climb up/down)

Reloading while moving = NO! Try to do it IRL. Too hard to do in a combat situation.

I would like interuptible reloading, though, thats certainly lacking.

Jumping - nah. Climb action maybe (with a key)

Reloading while moving = NO!  Try to do it IRL.  Too hard to do in a combat situation.

have done (while moving) its not as hard as you make it out to be, depending on rifle granted.

but yeh, interuptable reload would also be a plus, instead of getting caught with your pants round your ankles so to speak

About reloading while running it's not so difficult, the only risk is to fire on yourself if u stumble.

( at least I do it without problems with my beretta 9mm - with a rifle I don't know, never had one ).

For what concernes jumping.... I don't know if people would abuse of it, but in real like you're able to jump.......

Of course it should have limitations like running, and should be considered that jumping while transporting a law, a rifle, a pistol, anfibius shoes and an helmet shouldn't be the same than jumping with nike shoes on foot and just a pair of shorts......

I have done it IRL as well, but it is too hard to do in a combat situation

While RUNNING it is not possible. While walking slowly it is possible but fiddly (opening webbing, mag in hand, mag off, mag on*, mag away in webbing, close pouch)

*insert 'bolt release + forward assist if chamber empty'

When you are reloading you are not watching your surroundings, so you should only do it when under cover (from sight, from fire or of fire) - while wandering around is a bad time to do it. If you are moving, you should be ready to react, not a slow moving defenceless target.

When you are reloading you are not watching your surroundings, so you should only do it when under cover (from sight, from fire or of fire) - while wandering around is a bad time to do it.  If you are moving, you should be ready to react, not a slow moving defenceless target.

and AFAIK, this is reason why for US army grunts, they are taught to reload at safe places, not while moving.

You should reload behind cover aanyway unless theres a very strange situation or if your in a perfectly flat desert but it would be possible to reload while walking maybe running but you might shoot yourself in the foot or drop the mag

Would it really be worth the extra work rock.gif maybe we could have a option to reload some weapons like pistols or some rifles in walk mode but i sure wouldnt use it. And MGs like the M60 should have longer reloading time than M16s and other assault rifles right rock.gif . Oh and i also believe that it would be abused because theres no way someone will reload on the move when under fire biggrin_o.gif .

And yes a climbing option would be great, just forget about jumping...

what would be fun is have some kind of run and jump action for low obstacles, were you don't really jump vertically but more horizontaly if you see what I mean

u people really need to think a bit more, if jumping is included in ofp2, we can assume it will be realistic, how many jumps can u do in real life? not many, also at the ranges people shoot u at jumping isnt going to save them. Even in games like ET people dont jump in a fight because then they die.

Jumping is probly not useful if implemented, instead a climb feature like in hidden and dangrous would be more usful jus have it bound to a key and have the soldier move quicker than h&d.

For reloading, slow walking should be al option with increase in reloading time, also sprint should have the soldier stop and move maybee depending on the stage have him drop his magazine.

No, because it would be used when there aren't obstacles to bunny hop out of the way of bullets.

if it's done like I said, peoples would more likely fall down on the ground and just be an easier target

I have done it IRL as well, but it is too hard to do in a combat situation

Wanna bet?

Me - "Hey dad, was it that hard to reload your M16 while you we're running, in combat?"

My dad (Guy from my sig) - "No, you just held it and popped in another mag. Used your had that was holding the gun to help just, glide in the mag"

(He spent two years voulantary service (not drafted) in the United States Marine Corps. And did a six month tour in vietnam. And like most other Marines/Soldiers saw over alteast one hundred engagements. So I think he's a reliable source for this info)

Jumping is just plain commong sense. You're able to jump, but it would be hard as sh*t to reload then. Jumping would aslo be hard as shit to do constantly. As in Counter-Strike, they half assed it making it so you have to recharge yourself before you jump again. (Just means you have to wait a second before you can get a full jump off again. And you are slower for a quarter second after you jump. Both can be very true, but very wrong given the situation)

Yes, I do want a bet. Did he just throw his mag away or what? I want to see video of someone RUNNING while changing mags before I believe you. I'm not talking a fast walk, I mean a sprint or run like in OFP - and I want to see them NOT looking at the rifle.

It is not done IRL because you should always be under cover when reloading.

It should not be possible while running in a GAME because it will be exploited and over-used.

If jumping is made realistic (more than CS) then it will be fine in game.

The problem with abuse of jumping could be solved by only allowing jumping when there is an obstacle in front of you, and when you jump you jump over the obstacle.

Sure, it could probably be abused in some cases, but it would be a lot harder.

Eventho I am not a soldier I would think that you would get to know you gun wery well and if you pick up the new mag first I see no problem in reloading when running(not sprinting cause if you are realy sprinting then I don't think you are holding your hand on the trigger you would problery be holding it in the carryhandel or other parts of the body) on a m16 you just press the trigger releas and grab the mag whit the the other hand and feed the new mag into the gun and put the old in to the opening of your jacket or a pocket where you don't have to use eny time to get rid of it, ofcause this should take longer than normal reloads. enyway I think you should be able to move a little cause you become a sitting duck when you are reloading as it is now you can't even thro your self on the ground if the enemy shows up as you are reloading(don't tell me that you thro your self on the ground every tim you have to reload).

STGN

Yes, I do want a bet.  Did he just throw his mag away or what?  I want to see video of someone RUNNING while changing mags before I believe you.  I'm not talking a fast walk, I mean a sprint or run like in OFP - and I want to see them NOT looking at the rifle.  

It is not done IRL because you should always be under cover when reloading.

You can reload at a sprint.  Of course it's going to take a while because the gun and mag will be somewhat 'bobbling'.  However, "...if you're running, you're running for a reason".  And if you need to reload, you're going to reload.

It might take a few seconds longer, but it can be done.

(He says he personnally hung onto the spent mag's to send back to munitions. Some people just threw theirs. But given the situation, everyone did a little of both)

Quote[/b] ]You can reload at a sprint. Of course it's going to take a while because the gun and mag will be somewhat 'bobbling'. However, "...if you're running, you're running for a reason". And if you need to reload, you're going to reload.

No you cannot. Post a video of you or someone reloading at a SPRINT, in full gear, not looking at the weapon, on rough terrain. Not. Possible.

If you need to reload, you GET UNDER COVER and do it, you do NOT expose yourself by moving slowly, you do not do it while running because you won't have any situational awareness.

Or....Switch to secondary weapon and get your self too safe place while you use your secondary weapon? and at safe place reload both....

But that's just if you got a second weapon wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You can reload at a sprint.  Of course it's going to take a while because the gun and mag will be somewhat 'bobbling'.  However, "...if you're running, you're running for a reason".  And if you need to reload, you're going to reload.

No you cannot.  Post a video of you or someone reloading at a SPRINT, in full gear, not looking at the weapon, on rough terrain.  Not.  Possible.

If you need to reload, you GET UNDER COVER and do it, you do NOT expose yourself by moving slowly, you do not do it while running because you won't have any situational awareness.

When I say full sprint, I mean going fast when holding your rifle in one hand, and the mag in the other. Yes you can reload! But like I said, it might take a while because you are bobbling. Chances are you are going to slow down a bit so you can reload. Just because you are not behind cover doesn't mean you shouldn't reload. If you have to, you WILL move and reload at the same time.

If there is no cover available, you're going to reload while moving. Going prone in a field full of grass isn't going to do the trick. It'll only take a little coordination to reload on the fly.

There are plent of times that you should, and shouldn't reload on the run/jog/move. All of which are judgment calls. So why not implement it into OFP2?

I think it should be done like this:

-Jumping every 10 seconds maybe only, its not realistic if you can't jump but you can't hop constantly.

-Reloading on the run: maybe reloading can take a bit longer when your running, or when you reload you can walk but not run.

jus have it so u jump u get tired, when sprinting jumping etc and u are tpp tired make it so u cant sprint or jump, i know i cant sprint and jump everywhere.

Why would you be running around with a mag in your hand? You just don't do that.

Taking the new mag out (without accidentally dropping the other mag(s) in the pouch) is probably the hardest part.

You are WRONG. If you have an empty weapon, you dont 'slow down and reload' - you sprint to some cover, get DOWN and reload. Even in a grass field there will be humps or hillocks, or even bushes. Even if there isn't any of those things, you still go prone and reload while you get covering fire from those who have rounds left.

There is no situation when you need to make yourself a big defenceless target, which is what you are if you are trying to run/sprint and reload.

While walking - possible; stupid, but possible, so should be in game

while running -IMpossible, very very stupid, and shouldn't be in game.