Sign in to follow this  
pbrstrtgang

.  goty crash in 'classic flashpoint'

Hi,

I recently purchased the GotY edition of OFP. I've searched through the entire Troubleshooting section of the forum and found nothing similar to my problem, to note that upfront. So here's the deal... With the GotY version there are two icons, one for OFP: Resistance. And one for 'Classic Flashpoint', which I assume is the original OPF, and how you also access the 'Red Hammer' missions. I can play OFP: Resistance perfectly, without any problems. Yet when I open up 'Classic Flashpoint', everything works fine except for when I click on the Campaign button. Upon clicking on this, the game instantly crashes to the desktop. In Resistance I run it at 1024x768x32 with Direct 3D HW T&L on(I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro). I turned off HW T&L thinking that it might be the case for 'Classic Flashpoint', yet I still have the same problem. This is really annoying, as I am enjoying Resistance. Yet I would like to play the original OFP. I hope somebody can help/offer any suggestions, it'll be much appreciated! Here's a quick rundown of my system:

Dell Dimension 4500

P4 @ 2.5GHz w/512MB of RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro w/ latest Catalyst 3.8 Driver

Windows XP Home, kept up to date--And I've tried running nothing in the background, to no avail.

Please let me know of any more info I can provide! Thanks! smile_o.gif

'Classic Flashpoint' is the old old version of OFP. Sticking to the Resistance version is much better (you can access everything you can in Classic Flashpoint - and more!).

If you want to play the Cold War Crisis campaign click the arrow next to the 'Resistance' campaign title..

If you want to play the Cold War Crisis campaign click the arrow next to the 'Resistance' campaign title..

I've seen this mentioned before... but I swear I can't find it.  I feel really stupid, like I'm missing something so obvious.  rock.gif

Edit: I just looked again, and I saw no arrow or anything to change campaigns. I hope this is something screwy, and I'm not missing something.

Seriously, I see no arrow to change campaigns here. I'm not trying to be difficult. There just isn't an arrow. Can anyone help me out here?

campaignbook.jpg

If that doesn't work/isn't there, then check OFP's root folder in the campaigns folder for '1985' or '1985.pbo' - if its not there I can upload it to my site

Unfortunately there is no arrow there.  I wish there was, but there's not.  Could it be because I've already started the Resistance campaign??

Quote[/b] ]check OFP's root folder in the campaigns folder for '1985' or '1985.pbo'

Neither of those files exist in that folder, in fact, there's nothing in there.  rock.gif

I just looked at the contents of the 2nd CD, and found that '1985.pbo' file.  As well as 'redhammer.pbo'.  Copying these files into that above mentioned directory to see if that fixes the problem.  Hopefully it will.

Edit: I believe that fixed it, thanks for your help blackdog! I'll let you know if there are any more problems. I owe you one. wink_o.gif