Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Project grozny...err mod maybe

Project Grozny

This is whati like a simple mission making MOD and not a whole nw bloody MOD with duplicating addons crazy_o.gif .

I support this guy , i hope he makes some nice chechen vs russian missions , i wanna kill some ruskies biggrin_o.gif

Hey, those are really nice pic galleries! I really like them, good quality photos of the conflict I find interesting.

Thanks for the link to those good photos from Chechnya. I'm evaluating some new add ons and working on the 2nd demo mission (it is MP with both Chechen and Russian slots). Experimented with the new CoC unified arty add on this morning...very nice. Will wait for next release which will have East units and some bug fixes. This fills in a big hole in the original OFP game. Still looking for good mission makers and more testers. Please pass on link for Project Grozny to like mined OFP fans. Cap`N`Crunch

I know that somewhere ellse may be a list of the addons needed, or the addons from the packs, but I would really would like to know what is in the packs before I download them.

If the pack download is the addons I may have the majority of them, so I don't fancy downloading all that again.

I'm a bit confused. What is in the packs, missions and addons or just the missions?

Thanks.

@cero.

The add ons are listed in FAQ. One problem when you try to do something like this is tons of confusion about what add ons are needed, dead download links, different (incompatible) versions of add ons. Also, in some cases I have taken 1 or 2 PBO's from a larger set and included them in the Project Grozny add on set. The only solution is to have 1 download that has all the add ons needed. Certainly it is possible that you have some of these already, but it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to anticipate who has what already. Realize the add on set is not final yet. I'm currently testing the new CoC unified arty system, among others. The download on the Project Grozny site has everything you need to play the current demo mission. It also includes a readme file. By the way, the web site also has a download link for an excellent add on manager program.

But don´t forget about updates from addon Teams.

So if Sigma(for example) updates his Tank packs, you have to made another HUGE .pbo.

When you finished it, a new MTLB Pack is out... and so on.

Better make a list with links to all the needed addons.

Most is available at ofp.info.

MfG Lee

I'm just downloading the first pack.

I couldn't find the addons list on the FAQ section, so, once I know what is in there, should I post what addons are in there?

EDIT: I just thoug while posting this, well, I got a big hard drive, so I don't mind having the same addon twice.

What it could be done is to make a mod folder for this and a mProject Grozny missions folder to go in the missions folder.

It could be interesting if something like what BAS has done to theyr missions folder gets done in here, a overview for the mission selection so when we put the cursor in the section for this missions We get a picture and a bit of information about the missions folder, like a mod. I think you need a PAA file aswell. I don't know how you do it, but would be nice.

I'll take a look at the mission folder thingy. Once the add on set for Project Grozny is finalized, no changes/updates of the add on's will occur. To do so would lead to chaos. We are in a testing phase now for the add ons and a recruiting drive for mission makers. I need at least 2 experienced mission makers for this project to succeed.