Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

HD weapons for human players...

Mhhh... I didn't have these troubles. I killed the BMP, then shot the soldier up the road from the bushes with one bullet (lucky shot? Maybe. Still, I later got the rebel standing in front of the church the same way from even further away). Then I killed the crew of the patroling car using automatic fire. They had some extra grenades, so I took them and used them to kill the enemies inside the church. The rest was sneaking and shooting them with short bursts. The weapon wasn't as bad as the SEB Nam weapons and the enemy basically didn't see me before I hit them.

In mission three I found the inaccuracy much more annoying, as these was a long range engagement before entering the compound.

Still, I prefer a good weapon accuracy for players - HD weapons for the ai are fine, as it really adds to the atnmosphere having a rain of bullets turning up dust all around you. But when playing I like to hit when I take the time and aim carefully. The 'Nam weapons were a big dissapointment in this regard, even when you could replace them with the non-HD counterparts. This and the the island bugs basically ruined 'Nam for me and many fellow players.

HD weapons are good for atmosphere though if you have two AI groups blasting away at each other it really adds atmosphere to the game especially with the MGs that were effectively rapid firing sniper rifles before JAM

FDFmod way is the best, reallistic, challenging without being frustrating. No more 500m snapshots, long and dense fights, and no need of HD. Normal OFP system seems an "easy mode" after that smile_o.gif Especially BAS weapons (really no offense intended, they are on line with normal OFP weapons), being Spec Ops weapon and made for accuracy and shooting punch.

On the other hand, HD for AI, like demonstrated in Tonal campaign, gives you an ENOURMOUS atmosphere and fights without insta-killing you. I litterally made a 30cm jump on my chair when rebels in the church started opening fire when I came near the door, screaming and killing the woman hostage. Thrilling, some of my great OFP SP moments. Did not stop sweating until the town was clear.

I dont have problem with realistic dispersion e.g. when u standing ...

but HELL, if i'm laying on ground, aiming LIKE on training range and I MISS with 1st shot at 50m , that makes me mad....

yes ok 5-10% chance of miss, but my got if i cant hit that guy running at me with half of clip in aimed single , then something is really TOTAL wrong ...

hope u understood me ...

I voted no, HD weapons for players is kinda starting to piss me off in multiplayer, so ive been sticking to the SVD and RPG's while playing Tonal/OPFOR missions. HD is primarily for the use of the AI to make the gameplay a lot better, the battles last longer and they hit you less. It is however up to the mission maker to decide what type of weapons/magazines to use, JAM provides both magazines for mission makers to use so there is no reason for a mission maker to feel they HAVE to use HD magazines. As for low dispersion weapons...these are just the normal magazines. The normal magazines in JAM have realistically scaled accuracy(based on MOA figures) and recoil, there is no reason for another set of low dispersion magazines when there is already one set.

i always use sniper rifle in these missions because of the dispersal

Nah, I don't like it. when i shoot on 50 Meters, I need 10 to a whole magazine to kill ONE enemy! that's horrible,

They are fine when I want to simulate cineastic Gunfights with a lot of ammo in the air, but when there stands an RPG soldier targeting on me, I willn't shoot fullauto 30 shots, to make sure that he's down.

It depends on the type of mission, if you want longer firefights then yes, otherwise i say nay

Anyone who gives human players HD mags should be shot. Of course, if the executioners were using HD mags, they'd all miss...

Anyone who gives human players HD mags should be shot. Of course, if the executioners were using HD mags, they'd all miss...

LMAO tounge_o.gif

OK, looks like the general feeling is "no". Thanks for your votes guys, I am working of a few missions on the qt, so I will not be using HDs for players. wink_o.gif

I said NO, for basically all the reason already stated. So Fubar, you have your answer....now go maketh a mission or two wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yep. Planning some special forces Sabotage and Assasination type missions.

Also, if I can get the time, I want to do a SOF campaign where you build a cash pool for each mission you successfully complete, allowing you to buy better equipment and hire additional mercs before each mission. smile_o.gif

NO. They´re great for AI, but HD weapons are really frustrating for human players. You get no reward for aiming a long time, the bullets hit everywhere BUT where you´re aiming! The only time you should use HD weapons for humans is if you are a non-armed forces character, like a farmer fighting Soviets. smile_o.gif

Hate HD weapons. Just ...no.

Dispersion of a weapon is NOT changed IRL whether standing or prone! The bullets go where the barrel is pointing! The hard part is getting the barrel to point the right way!

I hate HD weapons for humans. The game becomes about luck. FDF mod does it perfectly.