Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Will the wrong placement of the bridges being fix is the 3rd patch?rock.gif?(as i remember there is 4 of them)

Could it be that this so-called "wrong placement" disappear if you set the OFP terrain detail to "Normal"?  wink_o.gif

yes it disappeared but no i will not goin to use "low" nor "normal" terrain detail because it just simply lag a lot more without much improve on terrain detail, running game with nice Graphic but out of performance clearly not a choose for gameplay

p.s. i am using 2500+ and a R9500Pro with 512 mb ram on my nForce2 mainborad so dont tell me that i got a worse machine

yes it disappeared but no i will not goin to use "low" nor "normal" terrain detail because it just simply lag a lot more without much improve on terrain detail, running game with nice Graphic but out of performance clearly not a choose for gameplay

p.s. i am using 2500+ and a R9500Pro with 512 mb ram on my nForce2 mainborad so dont tell me that i got a worse machine

Yep, I know what you mean (XP 1900+, GF2 32 MB ). However, the non-aligning bridge segments one gets unless using normal terrain detail level is an OFP "feature".

The only way, if I'm not mistaken, would be for the poor BAS guys to re-do the whole island and make a version for "low" or "very low" terrain detail, but that's just far too cruel IMHO and not going to happen. Ok, send them a cool million $/€ and you might get one, but... tounge_o.gif

Yep, I know what you mean (XP 1900+, GF2 32 MB ). However, the non-aligning bridge segments one gets unless using normal terrain detail level is an OFP "feature".

The only way, if I'm not mistaken, would be for the poor BAS guys to re-do the whole island and make a version for "low" or "very low" terrain detail, but that's just far too cruel IMHO and not going to happen. Ok, send them a cool million $/€ and you might get one, but...  tounge_o.gif

i agree with you but flying a chopper with a 500+ view distence when there is in fact a 2000+ is not a good thing...............(fog which drop view distance into 50+ is another thing though) biggrin_o.gif

allright... very cute mod... i like the island and the new vehicles...

i use ecp 1.02 but the tona island does not support its features.. the blood mod ain't werking and the dr mod ain't , too....

what the heck am i doin' wrong? i start opf with ecp mod as usual... and the addons are located in my ecp/addons folder, as there are alll the other addons i use. the tonal campaign is stored in my opf campaigns folder though...

pls help me or kill me

The only way, if I'm not mistaken, would be for the poor BAS guys to re-do the whole island and make a version for "low" or "very low" terrain detail, but that's just far too cruel IMHO and not going to happen. Ok, send them a cool million $/€ and you might get one, but... tounge_o.gif

Well, i really hope the bridges are aligned for "low" (setterraingrid 25) mode cause thats what ofp uses in multiplayer. Else each and every mission made for the island has to be set to the mode the island uses (like trinity does) sad_o.gif

nope. mp game terraingrid settings are "normal" by default

Well, i really hope the bridges are aligned for "low" (setterraingrid 25) mode cause thats what ofp uses in multiplayer. Else each and every mission made for the island has to be set to the mode the island uses (like trinity does) sad_o.gif

Tonal bridges are aligned for "normal", so any MP missions where you need to have good-looking, "working" bridges will have to do a "setTerrainGrid 12.5" somewhere (To avoid questions: in init.sqs for example). If the mission takes place elsewhere, there might not be a need to change the terrain detail level, of course.

Tonal bridges are aligned for "normal", so any MP missions where you need to have good-looking, "working" bridges will have to do a "setTerrainGrid 12.5" somewhere (To avoid questions: in init.sqs for example). If the mission takes place elsewhere, there might not be a need to change the terrain detail level, of course.

I know, i changed all the missions for trinity on my server to include setterraingrid 12.5 in the init.sqs some time ago because of the same problem (there is only a "very low" and a "normal" version of this island). I just don't think that this is the best solution...

Any chance you can update the first page with links to the patches??? Impossible to browse through the thread to find them smile_o.gif

Any chance you can update the first page with links to the patches??? Impossible to browse through the thread to find them smile_o.gif

Go to the MOM section at The FAQ and click on the BAS Tonal Island Expansion Pack entry.

You'll find both patches available there for download. wink_o.gif

i went to Avon ladys site to DL 2nd patch and got this error sad_o.gif

The file you requested is not on FileFront. Please contact the site that linked you to FileFront so they can correct their link.

i went to Avon ladys site to DL 2nd patch and got this error  sad_o.gif  

The file you requested is not on FileFront. Please contact the site that linked you to FileFront so they can correct their link.

Not again! crazy_o.gif

Miserable FileFront! mad_o.gif

Did a second try to patch this great addon with the second patch and this time everything seems to work just fine! Guess I screwed it up myself the first time tounge_o.gif

Thanks again BAS gang for your dedication and hard work!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

you know... looking at the island topographie I imagined that splitting the island in 2 separate sections would actually be a good idea. Cut it in 2 in the middle, making one island a jungle island (consisting of the jungle part of Tonai in the west) and a desert island (the east part of the island).

I say this because performance IS a bit of a problem with this island (I own 3 gig + radeon 9800+1024 mb ram and do have here and there performance problems). And there won't be a lot of missions around that actually use the whole island topographie with journeys accross all the island. One island side for jungle-war and one island side for desert-war.

Imagine it. You get a far better performance, and you can even make the 2 Island parts a bit more detailed. And even then, the Islands will be Huge. For me its a very good solution, it brings far more advantages than disadvantages.

Please give it a try. The island is too fantastic to be killed by performance issues.

And there won't be a lot of missions around that actually use the whole island topographie with journeys accross all the island.

Careful with such statements, you may find yourself eating your own words wink_o.gif

The only time I had performance hit was when I had my viewdistance set to 5000 and I accidently looked at Tatu tounge_o.gif . My computer could have died wow_o.gif !

PC Specs:

3.2GHz P4

1Gb RAM

128Mb Radeon Pro

I noticed my performance issues while playing a self made streetwars mission in tatu. I had about 6 soldier platoons east and west. In normal OFP, I never would notice a bit of lag here, with view distance 3500. But on Tonali, it lagged horribly, i had to set down the view distance to 1500 to play decently.

No really, I think BAS shuld consider about splitting the island in two. Because it really doesn't have much disadvantages. I don't think a mission is going to be created that really can use all that largeness of the island, let out airplane missions which are really rare though...

All other missions would only take advantage: Faster graphics and more Island details that could be implented.

I really wish BAS would consider this, maybe release a separate version of Tonali where the Island is split in two. Though i admit I don't know how much work it would take.

It's lagging because of the size of Tatu, not the island itself. Just imagine the amount of buildings that are within 3500 meters of you when you're hanging around Tatu. If you split the island, you'd have almost as much lag in Tatu. Besides, once you're in the city itself you don't need a 3500 meter viewdistance, a 1000 meter viewdistance will look fine.

Quote[/b] ]Though i admit I don't know how much work it would take.

A lot.

Well if they split the island up, it's gonna be totally fucked crazy_o.gif I could play this island on my 733mhz 512mb ram 32mb gf2mx so if you guys get crappy performance lower your settings and don't come up with ideas like splitting up the island.

I don't believe that splitting the island is a good idea, it's pretty much a pointless gesture. If you want to play Tatu with a huge viewdistance, then contact Cray and see what you can get. A basic Cray X1 should suit your needs nicely.

I think it is a great idea to split the islands up. My 2 gig pc lags real bad. I really hope they do it. biggrin_o.gif

I pray to god they don't split it in half, that would really unwise choice, as you wouldn't be able to really have missions using the river area(assuming that's where it'd be split).  And it would ruin the feel of it being an island.  By no means do I get spectacular framerates, but I'd much, much rather have moderatly low framerates, and the island as a whole, than get spectacular framerates and have the island in bits in pieces.