Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

Quote[/b] ]I really find it almost impossible to fight the AI in the jungle

Due to lag, or the nature of OFP's AI? rock.gif

I don't have lag issues, but fighting in the jungle is still nasty business.

I have a little bit more lag in the jungles, than like in the cities, but for me, the biggest problem is that many of the bushes are kinda made out of concrete(ie thin leaves, etc stop bullets). sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (waffendennis @ Oct. 19 2003,23:27)

btw you guy's:

Did you ever maked models by your self because for now I only saw Edited BIS models or TOW (Tales of War) models so did you ever made any models from scratch?

Those little

birds? Nicked from Cpt:moore? Because they looke almost the same like them.

Here is a list:

CH53: Model from Scorpio yes he was on your team.

MH60L/K: Just a edited UH60 with fancy stuff

Rangers: Retexture from BIS soldiers? and just added some parts and weapons from other mods?

Littlebirds: Cpt: moore?

Selecthis Dirtbike: Remaked BIS bike

Desert pack: Just Sabastian's desert units but then re worked

And so on....

Well i am aloud to ask you this and you guy's dont need to get angry so well.... let's get alonge.

Lol..............yeah because that fancy MH-60 only took about 6 months of pure effort to put some "fancy stuff" on, and the Delta/Ranger's pack, yeah, of course i never saw it before, they just tacked on a few plundered extra's to BIS models - duh, how stupid of me!!!! Lol the Kawasaki just a remade BIS bike, are you blind my friend??!! Oh and Scorpio released his great Ch-53 independently after leaving the team, BAS was never affiliated with the final release -why did you bother bringing it up??? : mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

The bushes work both ways though, you can hide behind them and peg 30 AIs without getting a scratch biggrin_o.gif .

Waffen man what was that post all about? crazy_o.gif

BAS did a whole remake of the BH i think ,its no BIS chopper and RAngers , all i can say is get a couple of spectacles tounge_o.gif

Bazi dude i agree with you lets hope BAS incorporates those FAA rules... biggrin_o.gif

You have to reduce the view distance so much on the main Island when playing in MP that it looks like a PS1 Game. Most of our newer missions include the Auto-View distance script and depending on what Clients are connected to the server the view distance is set 1000-3000Meters ... this make online coop fecking awesome, yes on Tonal its has to be less than 1000 .... whats the point in having a really huge Island if you cant see past your nose ??

Its fine in the jungle with fog + mist but on the open you just dont get to see anything ....

I play on about 800 to 900 view distance (in those rare few times i've had time to actually play on it yet). I haven't seen the current isle beyond about 1500m. I wouldn't even be able to test 3000m, aside from upgrading my PC. So if 1000m is "can't see past your nose" to you, there's little i can say, or relate to.

If you read the readme, you may see how it says (multiple times iirc) that performance is the biggest focus of future versions.

btw you guy's:

Did you ever maked models by your self because for now I only saw Edited BIS models or TOW (Tales of War) models so did you ever made any models from scratch?

Those little

Here is a list:

Rangers: Retexture from BIS soldiers? and just added some parts and weapons from other mods?

And so on....

Well i am aloud to ask you this and you guy's dont need to get angry so well.... let's get alonge.

waffendennis

I suggest you get a clue.

Here's a little tip...Some can be found in the readme files of each of the addons you mentioned.

PS: I think you'll find it hard to find the readme for the BAS CH-53.

AHh well, you'll probably find it too hard to read as you're obviously quite blind.

CH-53 - already mentioned by someone else.

Blackhawks - new model by myself, only BIS parts used were the rotors, some misc objects and some of the lower lods.

Rangers - I don't think ANYONE has done a soldier model from the ground up...what's your point?

Littlebirds - originally based on a model given to us by Drakken, rebuilt entirely by myself.

KLR - 100% built by me.

Desert Pack - not even released yet.

SelectThis

Well i consistently play with settings of 900-1500 on a modest system consisting of an AMD XP 2600+ with 1Gig of Pc2700 and a Geforce 5600 Ultra and thats more than enough distance for a person to see if you want more then I suggest upgrading. 900 meters is more than enough for any OFP Scoped weapons and more than adequate for tanks and artillery,the only "problem" I'd see is if you wanted to plug someone who would and should be out of range so I guess this Island actually makes the game "better" since you need to actually be closer to your targets.

Great work BAS, looking forward to the ATV and Seals.

Guest jacobaby
btw you guy's:

Those little

Here is a list:

And so on....

waffen,

Why flamebait?

[edit]you know dick about shit, and now you publicly proved it.[/edit]

Jerk

TJ

Rangers - I don't think ANYONE has done a soldier model from the ground up...what's your point?

Lego mod smile_o.gif

Hey BAS boys settle down a little bit.

Maybe he just didnt know that they werent edited models...

i wouldnt be surprised if they were

Hey Waffen,

Your village called...they are missing their idiot.

LOL biggrin_o.gif

Hey Waffen,

Your village called...they are missing their idiot.

LOL nice 1 biggrin_o.gif

*Looks at the little glass box that says "BREAK INCASE OF ANGRY MAJOR FUBAR RAMPAGE" and cringes*

Anyways, people like to piss on BAS but yet they still play with BAS addons. So Hypocritical. Certain mod-makers need to STFU and perhaps learn something from BAS. I don't think any mod team has contributed so much to the OFP community.

You're lucky I have an intense dislike of punishing the majority of well behaved members because of the actions of a poorly-behaved few.

If someone says something that you feel is wrong, unfair, flamebait or whatever, contact a mod. Don't sink to the level of childish namecalling and accuations.

Guest jacobaby

For those who may not be aware.

There is a long standing dislike Waffendennis amongst the BAS team, which stems from the time he got together with USMC Sniper and downloaded several private beta models, and then proceeded to brag about it. The thread is there for all to see. The betrayal of trust these 2 guys displayed left many hard feelings.

Believe me, Waffen knows fine well the status of the models, and his post was an Offtopic, deliberate and effective attempt to raise the blood pressure of the BAS team, in other words, flamebaiting.

I apologize for my outburst of a post, and put put the blame squarely on the shoulders of Mr Jack Daniels, but my disgust at the actions of Waffendennis is persistent and perpetual, I would prefer if you did not post again in BAS related threads, as even the sight of your name starts the blood boiling.

TJ

Guest jacobaby
Hey BAS boys settle down a little bit.

Maybe he just didnt know that they werent edited models...

i wouldnt be surprised if they were

clue.jpg

This pack is without doubt the single most important released for OFP, bar none.

The key to this is the campaign, its not only excellently scripted but it has spawned a large number of follow up ideas in the community; essentially it has created the first universal non BIS storyline.

In the past few weeks people have been asking for other addon makers to create Tonal themed addons to expand and enrich its world, I've no doubt that there will be other Tonal Campaigns released based around the addition of other addons (BAS or non BAS) but following a logical continuity of the basic Tonal background.

Also as a many years FAL user I have to say the new JAM FN is amazing, as is HD, for the first time automatic weapons are reacting realistically, its been an Ironic failing of OFP mgs that they tend to be too accurate to be effective in their intended role.

In fact given the flame level in this thread and the continuation of blood feuds, I suggest that a seperate thread be established for the bandying about of Tonal related, story, addon and mission ideas.

GJ BAS but try not to let the power go to your heads (its hard to be adulated but not arrogant, you've managed thus far so you might as well hold on to your humility.)

You have to reduce the view distance so much on the main Island when playing in MP that it looks like a PS1 Game. Most of our newer missions include the Auto-View distance script and depending on what Clients are connected to the server the view distance is set 1000-3000Meters ... this make online coop fecking awesome, yes on Tonal its has to be less than 1000 .... whats the point in having a really huge Island if you cant see past your nose ??

Its fine in the jungle with fog + mist but on the open you just dont get to see anything ....

I use some eyecandy mods and get choppy performance with unaltered autoviewdistance script and so i turned down autoviewdistance to 2500m. You can do this by putting 3D_Performance="3846.1538"; into your flashpoint.cfg, as the script only reads that value and multiplies it with 0.65 anyway.

It's not really a solution to tonal being more demanding than other islands, but should at least make it a little better as you don't really need 3000m viewdistance in most cases anyway.

That being said i like the autoviewdistance script very much, playing with 3000m viewdistance on eg jelalhabat is a breathtaking experience.

1. I came very close to closing this thread, if behaviour doesn't drastically improve by all sides then the thread will be closed and new ones will not be tolerated.

2. "Tigershark_BAS" for someone who is so close to being permanently banned one would have hoped you would have rapidly improved your behaviour quite some time ago, I can only suggest that a couple of the more "senior" BAS members have a strong word with you if they wish to avoid a member of their team being permanently banned from the forums.

I can only suggest that a couple of the more "senior" BAS members have a strong word with you if they wish to avoid a member of their team being permanently banned from the forums.

I'm am making him stay late at work today and write on the whiteboard "I will always be polite and courteous on forums" a thousand times. smile_o.gif