Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

I completely agree with Esti-the-big's statements, BAS has created good balance between detail and frame rate which still plays good on average systems (maybe some details taken off but still looks marvelous). Keep it up...

I'm not complaining. I'm just suggesting a walk in hospital because it is something that OFP has been lacking for a while. I think it would be really cool.

I also agree with Esti

P.S. Blacky, I just read your sig. Fubar is severly fucked up

Sweet_pup

I'm not complaining. I'm just suggesting a walk in hospital because it is something that OFP has been lacking for a while. I think it would be really cool.

I agree. We did plan on having a few enterable buildings such as police stations/jail, a large mosque, etc. Maybe one every 1/4 mile or so. But we ran out of time and ambition. I think sometime when and if the whole thing gets updated ther will be a few buildings that could be enterable. It just depends on peoples time.

i dont know about anyone else.. but i dont get that much lag ingame... but i get hella lag on the editor.. so much i cant even double click to put a unit down... i have to zooom all the way out (where it actually runs faster than zoomed all the way in) - (opposite of nogova).. any chance performance in the editor could be made a little better.. and this is without Show Textures enabled.. when i started the campaign i was like great it doesnt even lag.. but then when i attempt my own missions i cant even place a unit down.

:-(

still all in all its great.. i think the buldings are just right.. enough are enterable (terminal at airport) and i still havent found out everything like these tunnels im hearing about... guess ill have to go round in the jungle somewhere... ill have to click really fast to put a unit down.

P.S. dont know if anyone has noticed but the mh60k GPS or map doesnt work. the line stays in the same place.

If you guys do update with enterable buildings could you think about being able to use the chairs,Beds,etc?I think that would make it some what groovy

It can't be walked in (atm), but something i think i forgot to put in isle readme, is the hospitals on tonal can always be healed at. So during any mission if you can find a hospital it will be able to heal you.

Hehe, not to mention that gas station in Ixtlan that allowed me the option to heal when next to it. Very useful... biggrin_o.gif

Landwarrior-

Quote[/b] ]P.S. dont know if anyone has noticed but the mh60k GPS or map doesnt work. the line stays in the same place

Ebud-

Quote[/b] ]never mind

I got this one Ebud. Read the Read-me Landwarrior.

BAS Tonal & Tango Readme-

Quote[/b] ]BAS Blackhawk Map:

The main Tonal island is already setup to use the map in the BAS blackhawks. The blackhawk addons will automatically load the island map, you need to add this line to the init field to setup the crosshair (due to larger island size):

bas_60mapsize = 512

I was useful today  biggrin_o.gif

Sweet_pup

Quote[/b] ]add a hood to the dress of one of the females, add a habit and you have a nun.

Ill be damned! Nuns in OFP,who would have predicted such an event rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]add a hood to the dress of one of the females, add a habit and you have a nun.

Ill be damned! Nuns in OFP,who would have predicted such an event rock.gif

lol, it was just an idea thrown out there, don't hold me to anything.

I wonder if this means anything....  wink_o.gif

Wow! Great discovery! Our new playground certainly fits in the context of some of those passages. :-)

Wise man say: If you leave rugs outside in Tonal, don't expect to find them in the morning. biggrin_o.gif

LOL!

Ha ha ha! So this is not really a bug.... it is more of a feature..... I rest my case about missing rugs! smile_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

30 pages of complaints and bitching. Something you will only see on the BIS forums.

I'm on the BAS team and, speaking for myself, I don't look at it that way.

But the worst thing we can do is whine about (true) whiners. That just encourages them even more. biggrin_o.gif

Wow, I wonder what precipitated that development, Avon? What a wonder a "whiner" can do for a lady's career, eh?

You only serve to prove my assertions.

NZXSHADOWS,

Yes I used my keen eye sight to discern the differences! :P

Very nice, very very nice. BAS, you do wonderful work. And your work is an expression of your self.

In this case I think you can express your self even better by adding in a bit of NZXSHADOW's work biggrin_o.gif

Hey you said you guys are always busy, here is an update that is READY. smile_o.gif

Well, since I never really got an answer before, and since Ebud has indicated he may continue to work on the OPFOR, I'll ask again:

Any plans to release the armed BRDMs and UAZs in the CWC plain green East paint scheme, for use by the Russians?

P.S. Very happy to see the DshK as a standalone (no sandbags) unit too. While the sandbag emaplcement in The NampAck2 was awesome, it's great to have it without sandbags now too. smile_o.gif

I agree. We did plan on having a few enterable buildings such as police stations/jail, a large mosque, etc. Maybe one every 1/4 mile or so. But we ran out of time and ambition. I think sometime when and if the whole thing gets updated ther will be a few buildings that could be enterable. It just depends on peoples time.

Instead of going to all the work of updating and re-releasing the map with enterable buildings, why not just make a buildings pack, and mission builders can place the enterable buildings where ever they want to suit their mission. Saves you guys a bit of time, and allows mission builders to further customize their missions.

Instead of going to all the work of updating and re-releasing the map with enterable buildings, why not just make a buildings pack, and mission builders can place the enterable buildings where ever they want to suit their mission.  Saves you guys a bit of time, and allows mission builders to further customize their missions.

They already have confirmed that they will be making an update to the ISLAND and that includes the buildings.

There will be a quick patch to fix the bugs, and then some time down the track maybe a update of other items. Don't expect any major changes soon though.

NZXShadows. Nice, now try doing the rest of the textures in the pack. smile_o.gif

It's relatively simple to improve one texture, however when you're dealing with hundreds it's just not possible to spend the time perfecting every single one of them.

Re: Enterable buildings.

While obviously nice to have, they do add alot in terms of face counts and textures. Given the weakness of the object contact code in OFP it's not a big priority for this map as far as I am concerned. It's a street/desert/jungle fighting island, not a Rogue Spearish inside building island. A large town with enterable buildings maybe something better suited to a smaller island where the overall system useage is lower.

SelectThis

SelectThis