Sign in to follow this  
EiZei

Copter sims?

@ Oct. 05 2003,01:47)]
Well, there's Commanche 4 by Novalogic.

http://www.novalogic.com/games/C4/

He said sim cussing2.gif

LOL, Tex.

Commanche 3 was a fun game, but not realistic in any way. I remember playing "Mi-24 Hind" and "AH-64 Apache" on my first 'real' computer back in 1996. Mi-24 was quite realistic, featuring real-life avionics and flight engine. There were little mujahideen guys running around with AK's and SA-7's, and even DsHK positions for you to worry about. But the graphics don't look as good as they used to.

I guess Longbow II was the last good one, but I haven't played any Military flight sims in quite a while.

Tyler

well there was this game called Sim Copter with crappy graphics and people that run around with their arms in the air when caught on fire

Run Combat flight simulator 2 pacific theatre (it is WWII, but it is based on FS2K so FS2k, FS98, CFS2, CFS1, and FS95, along with a few FS2k2 addon planes all work). Next get a program to edit the .dp file(damage and weapons), and get another to tweak the .air file(flight dynamics), add a better panel in the panel folder and better sound in the sound folder and your good to go....best part in online(in non-restricted games), noone else needs the addon your running.

We're talking rotors here, not propellers smile_o.gif

Has anyone heard anything from the EECH-community?

seeing as the source-code has been released I assume someone is working on a mod rock.gif

Preferably with more advanced avionics and flight-model...

@ Oct. 05 2003,01:47)]
Well, there's Commanche 4 by Novalogic.

http://www.novalogic.com/games/C4/

He said sim cussing2.gif

LOL, Tex.

Commanche 3 was a fun game, but not realistic in any way. I remember playing "Mi-24 Hind" and "AH-64 Apache" on my first 'real' computer back in 1996. Mi-24 was quite realistic, featuring real-life avionics and flight engine. There were little mujahideen guys running around with AK's and SA-7's, and even DsHK positions for you to worry about. But the graphics don't look as good as they used to.

I guess Longbow II was the last good one, but I haven't played any Military flight sims in quite a while.

Tyler

Yeah, I can remember playing Hind and killing rebels when I was muuuch younger. Too bad I cant find it anymore. sad_o.gif

Yeah, I can remember playing Hind and killing rebels when I was muuuch younger. Too bad I cant find it anymore. sad_o.gif

I found it a few months ago in a bargain bin (Yay Anttila! biggrin_o.gif)

Too bad it doesn't work too well in Win98SE or WinXP. I've tried compatibility modes and millions of other tweaks in XP but it's not very stable and my Saitek X45 doesn't work very well with it either. sad_o.gif

I found it a few months ago in a bargain bin (Yay Anttila! biggrin_o.gif)

Too bad it doesn't work too well in Win98SE or WinXP. I've tried compatibility modes and millions of other tweaks in XP but it's not very stable and my Saitek X45 doesn't work very well with it either. sad_o.gif

I started boycotting Anttila after their security guards started harrassing me. tounge_o.gif