Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

i still havent figured how to hit anything in the Su25 yet, as i too am a Hog driver, failing that a Crane biggrin_o.gif

Theres a bit more to it than that (depending on what weapon you choose.) Look here

Ok. Finally my throttle-pot arrived and I'm cleared for take-off.

Who's hosting? biggrin_o.gif

Who's hosting?  biggrin_o.gif

see you in hyperlobby! i'm usually flying on Xdrive's dedicated, but occasionally look for more HOG oriented servers.

Who's hosting?  biggrin_o.gif

see you in hyperlobby!  i'm usually flying on Xdrive's dedicated, but occasionally look for more HOG oriented servers.

Are there more flyables in LO-MAC besides the Hog? biggrin_o.gif

Xdrive's dedicated?

huh? is there a dedicated server in LOMAC? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are there more flyables in LO-MAC besides the Hog?

Who cares tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Xdrive's dedicated?

huh? is there a dedicated server in LOMAC?

Yup, in a way...

if you don't know about hyperlobby, its the only way to play Lomac online.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

Ok. Will have to look into it.

Quote[/b] ]Lookin foward to this add-on campaign.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6....9105571

Check out the trailer to.Looks good! smile_o.gif

In case you did'nt notice, that's a F-15 campaign. Not a flyable plane tounge_o.gif

i still want a mig 29 campiagn and a carrier based su-33 campaign, yankee dodaa jets dont do it for me sad_o.gif

What is you nick in hyperlobby?

Mine is Shadow=ASP=

same as here, rufusmac. I am in eastern US, and usually play around 9-12 pm est. time.

I know this is a LOMAC thread, but hey, it's a (semi) realistic flight sim, and this peice of news ain't worth its own thread...... that and I'm so excited, I just had to share this news with everyone who reads this thread.

Quote[/b] ]SP4 Feature List

Daniel 'BrownSnake' Fahlén, 2004-02-02

announcements. Falcon pilots,

It's been a long wait, but SP4 is just 'round the corner. No really. smile_o.gif

Last night the beta testers received the 6th release candidate, and if there are no showstoppers, this will be the release version. SP4 will weigh in at 130Mb. 120Mb is all new content, and the other 10Mb are unchanged from SP3.

Mark Bush (aka Frugal) posted a condensed list of SP4 features on his forums today, and I thought I'd mirror it here for all to see.

Enjoy:

The addition of over one hundred new planes, vehicles and munitions. This includes 3D models and textures, apropriate flight models and loadout configurations, squadron creation, and game mode configurations (TE, Dogfight), therefore creating a unified, complete and theatre-independent database of weapons, weapon systems and aircraft to allow seamless integration of additional theatres. Most notable features are:

The inclusion of most variants of the F-16 (incuding two-seaters)

The addition of separate 3D cockpits for the A-10, F/A-18C and F/A-22A so that you will get matching 3D cockpits when flying these planes!

Beautiful new models for many key planes in the Korean theatre, such as the F-5, F/A-18D, SU-27, MiG-29A and MiG-19.

New planes such as the Mirage 2000, F/A-18E, or MB-339CD of Frecce Tricolore fame.

Older planes for usage in classical theatres such as Vietnam (e.g. A-4, A-7, F-100, F-105, F-4 and variants)

Many, many ships.

All major current and past weapon systems (missiles, bombs).

A large re-population of all the theatre objectives, including towns, villages, industrial complexes and airbases. The latter now also feature improved parking spot data, using different parking spots for smaller or larger aircraft and making the spawning of aircraft well before take-off a reality.

A complete rework of all hitpoint and damage properties of all entities (so that a single AK-47 normally won't be able to take out an A-10 with a few shots or that a single bomb won't destroy a aircraft carrier anymore)

A vastly extended Tactical Reference, also included as illustrated HTML for easier browsing, searching and printing.

Optimisation of missile flight models

Improved flight formations

Reworked Air Tasking Order, improving the mission generation and tasking in campaign mode.

Hundreds of additional data fixes (e.g. plane shadow sizes).

There will be a list of download mirrors on this site as soon as SP4 is released to the public.

Lots of people worked very hard to make SP4 happen, (I'm not one of them) and we truly hope that you will enjoy the ride.

Stay tuned...

So, if you've played LOMAC, and are looking for something a little bit more challenging, try this. That is if you've got yourself a copy of F4 gathering dust. Whilist it might not contain as much eye-candy as LOMAC, chances are its other features will blow you away. biggrin_o.gif

Now, to wait for the thumbs up for final release.............

Quote[/b] ] F4

What is that ?

Sorry for being noob.

Only IL , Eurofighter Typhoon and regular flight sims installed.

Is it Falcon ?

Quote[/b] ] F4

What is that ?

Sorry for being noob.

Only IL , Eurofighter Typhoon and regular flight sims installed.

Is it Falcon ?

Yep, Falcon 4.0

SP4 is here! I can't quite believe it!

Just bidding for Falcon 4.0 at ebay. In six hours we´ll know if I get it for 5,20 euro biggrin_o.gif

Are there by any chance flyable Hog or Apache in SP4?

If not, not interested.

A-10 has been flyable for quite some time in Falcon 4 (using add-ons of course) It and the Froggy were my favorites to fly a campaign with in SP3. (A1 skyraider has stolen the show using FF2 though, but The Hog is still far from neglected. )

AFAIK, choppers are still unflyable in the engine though. I remember reading some time back that they may try and get em in somehow, but as of SP3 they were not, and I never heard anything more regarding em. Would be great if they were though, flying a Hind or Longbow in a campaign would be a blast!

It would also be a suicide mission! Choppers always end up getting my cannon rounds when I'm egressing.

Flying an A-10 is bad enough near the FLOT, if the airspace isn't clear your buggered, and then a pair of Su-27's can still easily ruin your day. (AA-12's anyone?)

I know this is a LOMAC thread, but hey, it's a (semi) realistic flight sim, and this peice of news ain't worth its own thread...... that and I'm so excited, I just had to share this news with everyone who reads this thread.

So, if you've played LOMAC, and are looking for something a little bit more challenging, try this. That is if you've got yourself a copy of F4 gathering dust. Whilist it might not contain as much eye-candy as LOMAC, chances are its other features will blow you away. biggrin_o.gif

Now, to wait for the thumbs up for final release.............

Not a fair comment in my opinion. Lo-mac can be just as challenging as F4. I have played some F4(SP3/FF2/BMS) now and still have ALOT to learn but I don’t have a harder time taking down an enemy plane in F4 than I have in Lo-mac…Its much more challenging to take down an enemy in close combat in Lo-mac since you have to really fly the plane. In F4 because of the F-16 having FBW I can just pull the stick as hard as I can all the time…do that in a Su-27/Mig-29 and you will stall and perhaps even end up in a spin and crash. crazy_o.gif

That said I will definitely try SP4, it sounds great!

Quote[/b] ]I remember reading some time back that they may try and get em in somehow, but as of SP3 they were not, and I never heard anything more regarding em. Would be great if they were though, flying a Hind or Longbow in a campaign would be a blast!

I think I remember reading a similar article. If I remember correctly, the engine is supposedly capable of allowing the player useage of any vehicle in game, land, sea and air.(Submarines I don't know) Remind anyone of a game some czech mob made a while ago? tounge_o.gif

But as of yet, nothing has been put forward, as the community has focused only on the flight sim element.

Quote[/b] ]Choppers always end up getting my cannon rounds when I'm egressing.
Yep, nothing like a few whurlybirds to boost that tally of A-A kills tounge_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Just bidding for Falcon 4.0 at ebay. In six hours we´ll know if I get it for 5,20 euro
How'd you go?
Quote[/b] ]In F4 because of the F-16 having FBW I can just pull the stick as hard as I can all the time…do that in a Su-27/Mig-29 and you will stall and perhaps even end up in a spin and crash.
You can stall an F-16. You just have to try harder  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

But I do agree, every sim has it's own challenges. My challenges in F4 depend highly on the scenario. It will range from not allowing enemy aircraft into a pre-defined area according to AWACS intelligence in Bosnia, to striking the Heart of PyongYang with Hornets (and B-52's when the oppurtunity comes), to unconventional wild weasel ops over Baghdad with Aardvarks. Usually to attack or defend important assets effecting the long term outcome of the campaign. The possibilities are pretty much endless in this game. That's why I like it so much.

LOMAC might gain my appeal soon enough, but it will take a mod rivalling SP4 e.t.c. to do that. Falcon was such an ugly duckling so much so that it's creators abandoned it when the code needed their attention most, the community raised it to the state it's now in, one of the best sims of all time.

When discussing F4 vs Lomac, I think its really a question of scope. While F4 was not originally intended to be a 'survey sim' (flying multiple planes), the numerous community enhancements and the mod friendly engine turned it into a much broader (maybe even strategic) simulation. Lomac on the other hand, limits itself pretty stritcly to what the devs put in the game, but the level of attention to those 5 planes is much greater IMHO than what you will find in F4 - SP3, albeit without the "immersion" factor of F4's dynamic campaign...

I see Lomac as the perfect answer to "what would happen if plane X got into a dogfight with this plane Y?"

I see F4 as the answer to "what would happen if country X got into a war with country Y"...

And if you find yourself asking "what would happen if a Russian SU-33 squadron was tasked with disabling a turkish forward airbase in the western crimean?", just download my latest mission and see for yourself!

Its the bottom entry on the page...

Lomac on the other hand, limits itself pretty stritcly to what the devs put in the game, but the level of attention to those 5 planes is much greater IMHO than what you will find in F4 - SP3.

After a discussion on the Mig-29 radar in the official forum I have to say I’m a quite disappointed in the radar modeling accuracy of the Russian airplanes in LOMAC. I don’t mind that they make a somewhat simplified model of the radar but I was informed that the Russian fighter jets in the game share very little with the real ones in that area.

With the Mig-29 manual available to the public one would think they could have done a much better job in that area mad_o.gif