Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

All objects that are not destroyable has no collision-detection. Only objects as far as I know that you can crash into are bridges and other planes.

Trees, houses and powerlines have no collision-detection.

I flew under the first of two bridges with the A-10 on the south-east coast, but my wings were sticking abit too much out for me to fit under the second bridge. Nasty surprise there tounge_o.gif

Try flying between buildings and cities. I flew my A-10 through one and didn't hit anything, so I got cocky and use the SU33, and tried to squeeze between two buildings...

boom. tounge_o.gif

Oh, and I'm capable of night time landings on carriers now. biggrin_o.gif No external views what so ever.

Any of you guys belong to a virtual squadron or anything??

This truly is an impressive game.....and I've seen enough of these kinds of complex peices of software (OFP included) to be patient enough to wait until the developers begin to iron out the issues.

Can't wait to see the future of this progress.

No squad here.

I'm a member of =ASP= though.

I play OFP and RvS. Most of the guys are OFP, RvS and AA-addicts.

Some of us also enjoy LO-MAC and play that on the side.

Collision detection with buildings is on by default (at least for me). Collision detection with threes could be turned on in the demo if you edited 2 files (/bazar/ForestTable.sht and /bazar/TreesTable.sht) but I did a quick try and it doesn’t seem to be working with the full version of lomac.

I’m starting to like the patch. I fixed my x45 rotary switch zoom problem, works even better than before and beginning to like the new sound too. I replaced the worst one of them (“pull upâ€) with a new one (from a real A-10) that a got from Shepski over at the simhq forum. smile_o.gif

are you sure about that? powerlines

but your right about FPS increase, finally sorted it out and in general, get about 10fps extra, still has the problems of things going invisible sad_o.gif

are you sure about that? powerlines

but your right about FPS increase, finally sorted it out and in general, get about 10fps extra, still has the problems of things going invisible sad_o.gif

I'm not sure what to make of that pic. Looks like some black garble that could have been made in paint. I'm not saying I don't believe you, only I can't seem to crash into powerlines, trees and houses.

Would like to know if possible to enable collision for those objects.

[bragmode]

I got my new mobo, cpu and ram yesterday. P-IV 3, 2x512 DDR400 and Asus P4C800.

WOW!!! LO-MAC runs sweeeet. Need to replace my GF4Ti4600 with something else next. I also could'nt believe my eyes when I saw OFP ran silky-smooth in 1280x1024, high-terrain and 3000 viewdistance while flying around the laggy forests of northern Nogova.

[/bragmode]

That’s strange. As I said in my previous post collision detection with buildings are on by default as far as I know. I have not seen an option to enable/disable collision detection for buildings anywhere...only for trees.

About that picture, I don’t think you can make the cables snap by going through them but there is a big sparkle when you do. You can however crash with the “tower†(don’t know the word for it in English) that holds the cables. If you blow up one of them the cables will snap as the tower falls to the ground. That’s probably what has happened in that picture.

I say we make a squadron.

Sharia's shitheads. tounge_o.gif

Nah, kidding with that name... But anyway, I think it'd be a good idea.

(I'm getting fixed wireless broadband soon... 512kbs up 512kbs down... Which is like a hundered ZILLIONGILLION times better than 56k... crazy_o.gif )

A friend of mine and me have a so-called "team-name" we use for off-line/LAN games. Stonehedz. biggrin_o.gif

Feel free to use it tounge_o.gif

It matches our usual condition after a couple of hours of LAN play with Networking Essentials.

For those who don't know, Networking Essentials consists of a little potatochips, snacks and lots of vodka/whiskey biggrin_o.gif

For those who don't know, Networking Essentials consists of a little potatochips, snacks and lots of vodka/whiskey biggrin_o.gif

Hello Shadow. Will you be my friend? biggrin_o.gif

Just got the game and all I can say is, wow. smile_o.gif

But I'm having some problems with the game.Its like after playing about 10 min the game all of sudden starts flickering lite blue and all(major headache giver to!).I can still hear the game sounds though. crazy_o.gif

Memory leak or something?I heard something about alt-tabbing out of the game or something.I don't know.

I also finally completed the 1st A-10 mission.After about 9 tries. crazy_o.gif It was just so friggen hard!(kept gettin hit by the Iglas.)

But then I found out you have to wait for the Tornados wait after a while so they get shot at by the Iglas(thus reducing your chance of getting shot down ;) ), and while they destroy the Strelas, then order my wingman to go ahead with the mission, and join up.

Also, how many missions are there in the A-10 campaign?

Did you download the 1.01 patch?

Might fix your stability issue.

I'm Starting to get a squadren together with this game, take a look at the web site if you want.

Screaming Eagles

Also I have been having that problem with the flickering screens but only with the A10, also I heard that the new 1.01 patch can cause more problems with the screen going completly blue.

Anyone help?

Strange how some people claim to have non-stop problems while others say they have no problems what so ever rock.gif

I myself have only had 2 problems worth mentioning:

Cockpit/parts of aircraft disapearing

textures/fonts not loading or something along those lines

both, rare

I must say though, since I started playing with an online squadron (AirWolves, a sister division of SWAF which im a member of in the OFP world) on a regular basis, i can verify that you do learn to fly alot better overall, especially as most squadrons dont fly with any labels etc. Its alot more fun in MP also, ive never had so much fun playing LOMAC till I had a 2v2 furball Flankers vs Eagles... a good Human vs Human flight is far better than a Human vs AI any day in my books

I got my â€Enhanced Lo-mac Manual†today. It's a damn fine looking manual I must say biggrin_o.gif I wish you would get a manual like this with the game… but I guess paper manuals is a thing of the past...

I got my â€Enhanced Lo-mac Manual†today. It's a damn fine looking manual I must say biggrin_o.gif I wish you would get a manual like this with  the game… but I guess paper manuals is a thing of the past...

Yea, so did I.Copy 548. biggrin_o.gif

I play LOMAC first with a Nvidia GF4ti at medium settings quite well and now with a Ati9800pro at high with zero problems. smile_o.gif

I think I fixed my problem.I have to disable "effects".(Thats what someone told me, and keep effects off untill a new patch comes out that will fix this issue.)It hasn't crashed since.But I miss the effects though. sad_o.gif

I'm looking forward to try out LOMAC with a real THROTTLE wow_o.gif

Just got an email from Guillemot yesterday that my replacement throttle-pot has been shipped. Been using the ANTENNA-wheel as throttle since October crazy_o.gif

Guillemot has some serious spareparts-logistics issues to work out mad_o.gif

How many missions are there in the A-10 campaign?I'm still workin on my 2nd mission. crazy_o.gif

I'm on my 3rd or 4th F-15 campaign mission.

Man the F-15 is really complicated.There has to be a dozen difrrent missle modes.104 Aim 9 Seeker Boresight, Seeker uncaged.

105 Aim 7 Relaxed mode, Flood mode.106 Aim 120, Visual mode.

Then you got Auto acquisition mode.Boresight, vertical scan.RWS.STT.TWS.For christ sake I just want to launch a missle at a target. crazy_o.gif

Then to add to this, you got to learn all of diffrent modes in the Russian planes. ghostface.gif

Then the TEWS. sad_o.gif

But its still a fun game. smile_o.gif  Did my first A-10 in-flight refueling, no problem.

Also, is there any campaign walk-throughs?

How many missions are there in the A-10 campaign?I'm still workin on my 2nd mission. crazy_o.gif

I don't know anything about the rest (F-15), I only drive Hogs ;)

If you want to modify the campaign-missions (or any other official mission) just load it up in the mission-editor.

Select "declassify". Password is eagle smile_o.gif

Yea, the hog is one of my favs.I like the su-33 for its power.Man, I was like floatin over the airfield doin like 50 knots.Boy that was fun! biggrin_o.gif

The Su-25 is like barebones. crazy_o.gif I don't like it.But I'm workin on likin it. smile_o.gif