Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

biggrin_o.gif

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket!

The patch is available here at 3dgamers.

There appear to be some issues arising from CD detection, and it appears to only work with the US copies of the game, so you may want to hold your horses... Or at least make a back-up.

UK Patch is here

US Patch does not work on UK-version (Lock On: Air Combat Simulation)

meh, yep your right its bitching about the CD which is deffinately there sad_o.gif *waves CD at the error on screen*

back to 1.0 for the time being i think rock.gif

edit: US only? meh again... that will teach me not to get a copy imported before its released in the UK crazy_o.gif

The patch did wonders to my fps. I got a solid 10 frames boost. I'm now on a stable 30 fps and no stutter before large explosions etc.

Acidcrash: I posted a url to the UK-patch. It works 100% smile_o.gif

Why don't you install the US-patch then? rock.gif

i did... rock.gif

which is why i got the CD probs:

Quote[/b] ]There appear to be some issues arising from CD detection, and it appears to only work with the US copies of the game

My ISP has been cutting in and out lately. It makes playing online impossible and you can forget downloading (takes hours longer and when you're done you're lucky if it's not a corrupted download).

Don't use roadrunner for your internet connection, you're better off with a 56k. mad_o.gif

I can’t say I’m all happy with the patch…

My biggest problem with it is that the rotary switch on the x45 doesn’t work anymore, it was perfect for zooming. Another thing is that “Betty†sounds like she has been breathing helium…    

BTW, Shadow that canopy/scratch bug was not fixed in the patch…o well, not a big issue I can live with that.

Another thing is that “Betty†sounds like she has been breathing helium…    

Back-up the wav's from a v.1.0 installation and copy them back in after applying the patch.

I'll see if I can zip'em up and upload them.

edit: The original sounds (the good ones)

Just extract and copy them to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Lock On\sounds\computer\usa\

and

Lock On\sounds\englishversion\usa\computer\

the patch seems to work OK with me. i didnt notice any increase in FPS, and i still cant use "effects" without getting a blue screen of death so this patch really has no benefits for me. sad_o.gif

Another thing is that “Betty†sounds like she has been breathing helium…    

Back-up the wav's from a v.1.0 installation and copy them back in after applying the patch.

I'll see if I can zip'em up and upload them.

edit: The original sounds (the good ones)

Just extract and copy them to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Lock On\sounds\computer\usa\

and

Lock On\sounds\englishversion\usa\computer\

Thanks! smile_o.gif

I prefer the new betty.

Also, I feel that the planes feel different. More loose and fun to fly. The SU33 really kicks back with the angle of attack too.

This patch makes an already fantastic game... better!

Oh, I posted a review.

http://otakuhavenanime.net/reviews/games/lockon/index.htm

Please tell me what you think of it? I haven't done a game review in ages... and I'm kind of rusty.

Woo hoo!! My copy arrived to day...will be trying it out tonight. What's it like in MP?

Get real! You don't have time for this! mad_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Woo hoo!! My copy arrived to day...will be trying it out tonight. What's it like in MP?

Get real! You don't have time for this! mad_o.gif

smile_o.gif

I thought my lawyers had spoken with you about stalking me.

hey guys got one question what is the best configuration to play LOMAC and how much RAMs and proc must be to play this game rock.gif

hey guys got one question what is the best configuration to play LOMAC and how much RAMs and proc must be  to play this game rock.gif

The more the better of everything.

I run LO-MAC on P-IV 1.8, 512, GF4Ti4600.

Runs smooth with most effects on high and some on medium in 1024x768@32.

I prefer the new betty.

Well its nice to have authentic sounds but I think the sound quality pretty is bad compared to the old ones.

I just watched both the STE video and the A-10 one. Even though I'm a hog fan the STE video takes the cake. That's some amazing flying.

That guys ego is writing checks his body cant cash.

wow only just watched that, excelent stuff

and yeh, the A10 one was good, but some of that flying in the Flanker was spectacular wow_o.gif

Lock on Pylon Editor beta was released a few days ago. It allows you to change what weapons can be used on the aircraft(so for example, I could use a CBU-97 on an A-10). Here's the thread on SimHQ. smile_o.gif

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3....=003721

Lock on Pylon Editor beta was released a few days ago.  It allows you to change what weapons can be used on the aircraft(so for example, I could use a CBU-97 on an A-10).  Here's the thread on SimHQ. smile_o.gif

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3....=003721

The only editor I use is notepad for this stuff.

The file you are editing is \lock on\me\meinit.xml smile_o.gif

I have'nt looked at the editor, but if it lists all weapons in lo-mac then here are some that don't work:

(Probably alot more that don't work. This is what I've found so far)

MER*2 MK-82

MER*2 MK83

MER*2 CBU-97

All GBU's

Here are the ones I've added to my loadout:

1xMK83

MER*3 CBU-97

MER*2 MK-20

MER*3 AGM-65D (or was it K?, anyway 3 of both)

1xBL-755

And F-15 fuel-tanks to pylon 5 &7 biggrin_o.gif

Pylon 6 is not working sad_o.gif

yep that was one nice bit of flying anyone here managed to fly under a bridge yet wink_o.gif also i can also confirm that there is absolutly no collesion detection on those rows of trees (havent tried a forest yet) just get a what ever plane your comfartable with and fly straight through one and youll see what i mean you need to be at about 1 to 45 feet to do this tounge_o.gif