Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

i just got it yesterday and ive got to say two things A: its brillant and B: where the hell is the Mig29 and su33 campaigns crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

@Sharia: there is something strange with that F-15.

Look at the left aileron (?). At the tail anyway. Corrupted graphics?

If you up the resolution it would look even nicer, but as long as you are using the fighters I'll never use it as wallpaper tounge_o.gif

I feel the Hog is the only plane with a "personality".

@Sharia: there is something strange with that F-15.

Look at the left aileron (?). At the tail anyway. Corrupted graphics?

Do you mean the engine glow reflecting from the tail wing? rock.gif

bug.jpg

Heat-blurr would also look nice on that fighter.

btw is that the aileron or is aileron the part on the wings that make the aircraft bank?

I believe that's the correct shape of the leading edge, if that's what concerns you.

Edit: Aileron is in reference to what banks the aircraft via the wings.

The circled control surface is a taileron. wink_o.gif

Okay, roll then tounge_o.gif

I guess they have to use two different terms for the exact same thing between fixed wing aircrafts and rotor powered aircrafts rock.gif

Bank with choppers is the same as roll with planes.

Yaw is the same though (allmost strange).

I think it's just different people saying what makes them sound smart tounge_o.gif

One thing that upsets me about LOMAC is that there's no Su-22 or MiG-29 campaigns. The aircraft are still flyable, just no campaigns for them.

Su-22?

Anyway, I think the devs aimed for the public to make more missions/campaigns with the editor.

That's a shadow coming off the tail... Self shadowing owns.

ScreenShot_002.jpg

Goodbye, Mr. Tunguska...

ScreenShot_006.jpg

No ammo, no missiles... calls for very, very desperate measures.

ScreenShot_010.jpg

The aftermath.

ScreenShot_014.jpg

The aftermath... part 2.

ScreenShot_018.jpg

Two MIG29's used by a Russian display team collide in mid air. Both the pilots ejected safely. The pilot of the 1st MIG stayed in his cockpit for a short time to keep the doomed aircraft away from the onlooking crowd.

Here's a picture/wallpaper I took at maximum detail.

Link to image

And a little shot I made for a review I'm making.

Link to image

I'm starting to get the feeling that im the only one that has water that looks like This and This

Iv been visiting the lomac forums for ages and haven't seen one shot with water fx like that rock.gif

Holy crap nathanz, that looks fantastic. What kind of graphics card to you have?!?

Nice Su-pictures. But turn off AA when using cockpit-reflections. That spider-web is supposed to look like scratches in the glass. Its a bug with AA in LOMAC, but it has been fixed in the upcoming patch.

A-10 pictures are very dark. If I want a black desktop I select the colour black, not load a black jpeg biggrin_o.gif

@Nathanz: I have never seen such reflections like the ones in your first pic (reflections of mainland)  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Is that water set to high? Is that the difference between medium and high?

I do get the reflections of ships the way you get when setting water to high. But my comp can't run a good framerate with high water-setting sad_o.gif

Hopefully that will change in 2-3 days (getting new cpu, mobo and ram).

Nice Su-pictures. But turn off AA when using cockpit-reflections. That spider-web is supposed to look like scratches in the glass. Its a bug with AA in LOMAC, but it has been fixed in the upcoming patch.

It’s not an AA issue, it’s caused by AF. Personally I don’t think it looks that bad (most of the time), I can live with it. I rather have that then turning off AF and get blurry textures.

Are you sure they have a fix for it in the patch…I have not read anything about that.

AF, AA, whatever.

I don't like those effects anyway. They have too big impact on fps  crazy_o.gif

And yes, it's a known issue that has been reported fixed by Wags.

AF, AA, whatever.

I don't like those effects anyway. They have too big impact on fps  crazy_o.gif

And yes, it's a known issue that has been reported fixed by Wags.

There is a big difference between AA and AF. In my opinion AA/AF do a lot to improve image quality, can’t play without it. I use 4xAA/8xAF and it does not have a very big impact on the frame rate (using a 9700P).

Well, it does have a big impact on my GF4Ti4600

I'm struggling enough as it is to keep 20 fps as it is

20?? with my Ti 4200 i bearly get 10fps, with AA and AF i get a solid 1fps, and usually crash

20?? with my Ti 4200 i bearly get 10fps, with AA and AF i get a solid 1fps, and usually crash

ROFLMAO  biggrin_o.gif

Excuse me for laughing. It's the way you explained. biggrin_o.gif

Here's the settings I use (maybe it can help you):

Terrain Preload: High

Scenes: Medium

Water: Medium

Effects: High

Visibility range: Medium

Lights: All

Shadows: None

Heat Blurr: Off

1024x768@32

No mirrors, No Cockpit-reflections

Alot of people say the water-detail kills your fps, I did'nt notice that big a difference, but shadows killed my fps.

Terrain Preload set to high means longer load-times before a mission, uses more RAM but increase fps as more objects are loaded into memory before they are rendered.

I think LO-MAC is very CPU- and RAM-intensive. Not just graphic-card.

I got P-IV 1.8 and 512MB RDRAM.

I think I can thank my RDRAM for that performance.

A friend runs LO-MAC on a similar system. P-IV 1.7, 512MB SDRAM and GF-FX5900U and he gets poorer fps than me. We are both running Det. 52.16

I'll know this for sure in a few days. Waiting on a new mobo(Asus P4C800), 2x512MB DDR-400 (Kingston) and P-IV 3 (800 fsb).

must be my CPU thats the major bottleneck then, running a XP2000, ram isnt a problem as i got 1GB DDR (PC2700)

i run similar settings to you, though i upped the terrain preload to 300 via LO-MAN

Here's a quote on Matt "Wags" Wagner:

Quote[/b] ]Ok, folks, thanks for the input. The common consensus is pretty clear. The the feelings of purchasers of the English version was pretty much a "no brainer." However, alienating our purchasers of the French and German version is something that Ubisoft and Eagle want to avoid too.

Just as soon as the English version is through test, it will be released.

-Matt

Looks like we can expect to see a patch very soon smile_o.gif

Holy crap nathanz, that looks fantastic. What kind of graphics card to you have?!?

Gainward gforce 4 ti4200 goldensample  wink_o.gif  Oh and i was getting around 10fps with that water  biggrin_o.gif

edit: its clocked 310/600

Well I can't fly with effects on, I get the blue screen of death. With everything toned down I get decent FPS though.

I found this posted over at SimHQ.

It's an 18MB movie featuring some LO-MAC tank/A-10 action, made by some chap named Andrew McP. After watching it, I fully intend to name my first-born child after him (If I'm ever allowed to spawn off-spring, which I probably shouldn't.)

The editing is excellent, and the music selection is even better - Nothing like 'Dies Irae' to get the juices flowing.

Download (18 MB, MPEG)

biggrin_o.gif To quote Peter Griffin: "No words. Should've sent poet."

Edit: More of his movies here.