Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Ok.

I have allmost no hair left.

Any tips for mid-air refuling?

I'm flying the A-10.

I open the fuel-intake. I position myself right behind the tanker.

Nothing happends.

I position myself alongside the tanker and he pulls out the cable.

Before I've managed to position myself behind him again he has already pulled back the cable. crazy_o.gif

Does he think he's funny or something? crazy_o.gif

D*mn, this game is good.

image size over 100kb!

http://users.pandora.be/EEChome/F15.jpg

Ps: anybody knows howcome i can't lower (shiftl+G?) the arrest hook on the F15 when trying to land on a CVN-70? Landing the SU-33 works perfectly (3 out of 4 tests). And is it possible to start from a carrier (same group + "land" in plane "init")?

Anyway, i hope OFP2 is a mix of LockOn and the current OFP!!!

And is it possible to start from a carrier (same group + "land" in plane "init")?

First waypoint of the plane, 0, make it "Take Off" after you placed the plane close to the carrier. It will move it to the carrier.

The F-15 doesn't have an arrestor hook ;)

Well, it does have a hook but its not for carrier landings. I think I read on the official lo-mac forum that its used in emergency landings.

The F-15 doesn't have an arrestor hook ;)

Well, it does have a hook but its not for carrier landings. I think I read on the official lo-mac forum that its used in emergency landings.

Quite true. All Airforce planes have arrestor hooks and allmost all military bases have equipment called barriers at the ends of their runways, basically cables like on carriers but with just one cable. If a pilot feels he is not going to come to a stop before he runs out of runway he just drops the hook and it will snag the cable. if that fails they have arrestor netting which they can put up but that doesnt work THAT well smile_o.gif its more stop gap measure smile_o.gif

Hahaha biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif Shoot him down

I did that a couple of times biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]allmost all military bases have equipment called barriers at the ends of their runways, basically cables like on carriers but with just one cable. If a pilot feels he is not going to come to a stop before he runs out of runway he just drops the hook and it will snag the cable. if that fails they have arrestor netting which they can put up but that doesnt work THAT well

I was stationed at Andřya airforce base. We had two cables at both ends. Around 20 meters apart from eachother and around 300 meters into the runway at both ends. Only one of the two runways had the 4 cables. We used them once while I was stationed there (I worked at groundequipment for the planes). We used the cables for a fully loaded C-141 Starlifter. The guys who works at the airbase knows that all the Starlifters touches down too late tounge_o.gif it does'nt need the whole 3km airstrip to stop.

Hi,

i tried finding the LockOn forum, but i always get "can't find page". Since the link was http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=lomac_gd , i tried logging in at ubi.com (done that), but still can't open the forum (i also tried the UK site of ubi, no luck).

Anybody registered at that the general LockOn forum howcome i can't open it?

the forum software is crappy and buggy. It is being replaced hopefully this week.

From the postings and the length I'm guessing you OFP players approve of LOMAC... Correct?  I'm wondering whether or not to buy the game and if it meets your approval.  The reason I'm asking is because I deleted the demo because my plane was transparent and I read on the forums that the game doesn't come with a manual.  But if you guys approve of the game.... I'll go buy it tomorrow.  Thanks for any feedback!  

P.S.  My specs are a

2 Ghz pentium

1 GB Ram

ATI radeon 8500 LE 128MB

Will it run ok?

P.P.S. I'm asking this question because I remember reading a lot of bad reviews somewhere and I wanted to ask a group of people who can recognize a kick ass game.  Thanks.

I approve biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, I love aircraft-sims where you need to do a little "homework" before taking off. If the aircrafts interest me too, then I'm happy. And nothing beats the feeling of diving from 2000ft down to ground level (50-100ft) strafing poor bastards with the Avenger (30mm Gatling on the A-10) tounge_o.gif

If you like a little complex sim and the aircafts interest you, then I suggest you buy it straight away.

It has a few bugs here and there, but they are being fixed and a patch is expected the coming weeks (maybe before x-mas?).

@Ineo:

How about some tips for mid-air refuling now?

I'm bald tounge_o.gif

Shadow,

You can always eliminate all enemy activity on an airfield land and refuel, that might just be easier then refueling in midair tounge_o.gif

I put Lomac aside for now sad_o.gif

The missions included just dont do it for me and the editor is waaaaaaay to shallow, might be a problem at my side cause i m putting too much stuff on wink_o.gif damn you bis for spoiling us with a cool mission editor in ofp.

No, the main problem with the editor besides its shallowness is the fact that once you make a mission a little more then enemy - your flight - some aa it usually screws up the whole thing, last mission i was making suddenly at the end my wingman wasnt my wingman anymore ( i couldn t give him no orders or anything anymore crazy_o.gif )

Add to that the many many CTD's and the fun is gone ...

I m waiting for a patch and i ll take it from there.

One good thing, editing in lomac gave me the urge to play ofp and edit again which was a while ago since i did that smile_o.gif

Ty Lomac !

Cheers

@Ineo:

How about some tips for mid-air refuling now?

I'm bald  tounge_o.gif

I tried once at it was bad lol

As you can see I ended up just flying around it tounge_o.gif

I'm planning on putting this on my system tonight.

Couple of questions ;

1. Campaign. Is it dynamic? (Ala, Falcon 4.0)

2. SDK. Can modders get into it and add extra features? (Ala Falcon 4.0)

3. Does it feature an integrated air defense system?

Shadow,

You can always eliminate all enemy activity on an airfield land and refuel, that might just be easier then refueling in midair  tounge_o.gif

I put Lomac aside for now  sad_o.gif

The missions included just dont do it for me and the editor is waaaaaaay to shallow, might be a problem at my side cause i m putting too much stuff on  wink_o.gif  damn you bis for spoiling us with a cool mission editor in ofp.

No, the main problem with the editor besides its shallowness is the fact that once you make a mission a little more then enemy - your flight - some aa it usually screws up the whole thing, last mission i was making suddenly at the end my wingman wasnt my wingman anymore ( i couldn t give him no orders or anything anymore  crazy_o.gif  )

One good thing, editing in lomac gave me the urge to play ofp and edit again which was a while ago since i did that  smile_o.gif

Ty Lomac !

Cheers

If you think its a bit shallow, pick up a copy of Falcon 4.0 and apply the Super Pak 3 mod.

It comes with a great dynamic campaign, shit loads of aircraft to fly, silly amounts of weapons, and many, many buttons to click. (Using the radar is an artform)

Plus it comes with a manual so big, you can crush dogs with it!

I'm planning on putting this on my system tonight.

Couple of questions ;

1. Campaign. Is it dynamic? (Ala, Falcon 4.0)

2. SDK. Can modders get into it and add extra features? (Ala Falcon 4.0)

3. Does it feature an integrated air defense system?

1) no, its premade missions

2) no SDK that im aware of, but you can change alot of things as most of the files are in XML or CFG format (makes ressurecting a dead pilot easy hehe)

3) not sure what your deffinition of "integrated air defence system" is, though in the editor there are some pre-defined SAM batterys, (SA6, SA8 and SA10 iirc) plus the mobile/organic launchers and AAA which when placed give you an idea of their range (radar and missile/shells)

edit: oh and pitufo, there is a manual, its just in pdf form with a keycard in the box, you can order a hard copy though (leather bound yada yada Lomac-manual.com)

Shadow,

You can always eliminate all enemy activity on an airfield land and refuel, that might just be easier then refueling in midair  tounge_o.gif

I put Lomac aside for now  sad_o.gif

The missions included just dont do it for me and the editor is waaaaaaay to shallow, might be a problem at my side cause i m putting too much stuff on  wink_o.gif  damn you bis for spoiling us with a cool mission editor in ofp.

No, the main problem with the editor besides its shallowness is the fact that once you make a mission a little more then enemy - your flight - some aa it usually screws up the whole thing, last mission i was making suddenly at the end my wingman wasnt my wingman anymore ( i couldn t give him no orders or anything anymore  crazy_o.gif  )

One good thing, editing in lomac gave me the urge to play ofp and edit again which was a while ago since i did that  smile_o.gif

Ty Lomac !

Cheers

If you think its a bit shallow, pick up a copy of Falcon 4.0 and apply the Super Pak 3 mod.

It comes with a great dynamic campaign, shit loads of aircraft to fly, silly amounts of weapons, and many, many buttons to click. (Using the radar is an artform)

Plus it comes with a manual so big, you can crush dogs with it!

Hey Badger,

I have Falcon 4.0 since it s release but never really got into it.

For one thing i found it a bit too much at the time ( hehe, several years back ).

Installed it about 4 months ago, but deleted it back cause there was so many things to dl and i just couldn t figure out what and where.

Could you post some url's of the things that are a must to have on Falcon, i would be gratefull.

Cheers

@iNeo

http://hem.bredband.net/b102693/lomacftp/031210-3-IL78Playin.jpg

Close that fueltank when flying upside down, all fuel is leaking out ! tounge_o.gif

This is the home of F4UT.

The file you need is here. (Just download the SP3 installer)

Its bloody amazing. I take my hat off to these programmers. They have added tons of stuff.

Any problems, PM me, or visit these forums.

This is the home of F4UT.

The file you need is here. (Just download the SP3 installer)

Its bloody amazing. I take my hat off to these programmers. They have added tons of stuff.

Any problems, PM me, or visit these forums.

Thx very much badgerboy !

I ll get into falcon this weekend if i have some spare time smile_o.gif

I have a (simple) problem. When i start a mission "from parking area" i can't start my engines. I tried the keys (Home=start engines,..left engine..ext) and also tried turning on the powerswitch (shift+P), but still no luck. What am i doing wrong?

PS: I also tried to land (or take off) from US CVN-70, but "waypoint" always returns to nearest airport. (so only the Russian carrier works? Strange because i have seen some F14 pic landing CVN-70)

Oh, found out that running LockOn with "full sreen" disabled doesn't CTD it so often.

to start engines, you got the first part right (home) and then press and hold page up, if you look down at the dials, check the engines rpm, same thing for shutting down, only end and page down, ive not found a use for power (shift+p) yet

only the F14,FA18, S3 and E2 will let you put the land waypoints on the carriers (apart from the SU33) as the other aircraft are airforce not navy aircraft

I'll pick up Lock on when I get back from my trip. smile_o.gif

I was just curiuse, are the online missions kind of like F-22 Lightning 3?The co-op missions in that game where awsome.You had to work like a team, a couple of guys had to word on the enemys radar systems plus sams, while the other team mates had to wait till they where destroyed, then they could go bomb the main objectives.while the other team needs to protect there radar systems, and also prevent the main objective from being destroyed.But that game was so arcadish somewhat...

Does Lomac have online Co-op missions(one team, or 2 team missions)?Or is it just shoot who ever is in the sky down(Team deathmatch or deathmatch)?

Oh and check this THREAD out!Nice pictures!!!!

The coop in LO-MAc is like coop in OFP.

You make whatever you want in the editor. There are a couple of coop-missions with the game. They are side vs side (you, some other aircrafts and some groundunits against some other aircrafts and some groundunits).

@Acidcrash:

I only press "PGUP" once and both engines start. When shutting down the engines I first set minimum throttle then press "PGDN" twice.

what they expect you to pay for the manuel what the feck do the they think there up to with that one mad_o.gifmad_o.gif. sod the manuel no wonder people bitch about ubi so much on the lo mac forums.

im also thinking of getting the game but the fact it dosent have a manuel is extremely off putting(remembers the days when your average flight sim manuel had a couple of rainforests worth of paper in it)

Also ive been reading alot about lo-mac performance issuses??

ive got the demo and quite frankly it runs sweet as a su-27

i get a constant 90fps biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif and it only drops to around 60 when flying low over a city