Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

I had a feeling it is the "releasemode", but I have'nt got a clue what the words on that cockpit-switch mean.

Ripple-qty and interval is for rockets only I think (I have'nt done much shotgunning with the Hog, only bombs, missiles and 30mm's).

the white phos version of the rockets is pretty handy, marking targets, though was kind of hoping it would atleast do some damage to vehicles... even if it was just soft vehicles (pyromania anyone? biggrin_o.gif )

anyone else finding nightmissions to be a real fps killer? as i said in one of my other posts, i average about 10-20fps but at night, i get 1fps solid... no more, no less sad_o.gif its like watching a slide show rock.gif (have fun on mission 5 of the A10 campaign wink_o.gif )

anyone else finding nightmissions to be a real fps killer? as i said in one of my other posts, i average about 10-20fps but at night, i get 1fps solid... no more, no less sad_o.gif its like watching a slide show rock.gif

Night works perfectly for me, but overcast/storms are killing my fps... sad_o.gif And the ground usually misses textures, it's all white, when I'm playing with overcast.

I had a feeling it is the "releasemode", but I have'nt got a clue what the words on that cockpit-switch mean.

Ripple-qty and interval is for rockets only I think (I have'nt done much shotgunning with the Hog, only bombs, missiles and 30mm's).

Ripple quantity effects bomb release. You have a choice of single, single ripple, pair, and pair ripple. You can also set the ripple interval in milliseconds to adjust the spread between the bombs.

anyone else finding nightmissions to be a real fps killer? as i said in one of my other posts, i average about 10-20fps but at night, i get 1fps solid... no more, no less sad_o.gif its like watching a slide show rock.gif

Night works perfectly for me, but overcast/storms are killing my fps... sad_o.gif And the ground usually misses textures, it's all white, when I'm playing with overcast.

look on the official forums for the cloudmod v3. The guy has tweaked the cloud textures and gets an 10-20fps improvment.

You have a choice of single, single ripple, pair, and pair ripple.

Ah. so that's what it say on the switch. I figured the left-position was single or something as I always dropped only one bomb at a time (that's what I mainly want). But I could'nt make out what it say on the 3 other positions.

Thanks for clearifying smile_o.gif

So only when I select a ripple'd mode the interval can be used right (single-ripple and pair-ripple)?

Single and pair is just what it sounds right?

I must have read through the manual a hundred times without finding much about the releasemode. I'm not impressed. IMO Jane's had far more "complete" manuals.

Quote[/b] ]look on the official forums for the cloudmod v3. The guy has tweaked the cloud textures and gets an 10-20fps improvment.

I concur.

I got around 12-15 fps extra when flying under full overcast.

Bobocop (homerjohnston) is great.

look on the official forums for the cloudmod v3. The guy has tweaked the cloud textures and gets an 10-20fps improvment.

http://forums.ubi.com/message....d=zriqr

wink_o.gif

Enjoy.

-Homer J AKA Bobo.

P.S.   if the forum link doesn't work (gosh I hate UBI forums...) then get Overcast v3 from... http://www.lockonmodernaircombat.com/modules....&cid=16

P.S.S. Keep up the good work moderating the forum dayglow... it's appreciated smile_o.gif

ya great job homer. and cool job dayglow on the rvs and lockon forums

I wouldn't be so quick with the RvS forum, at least now someone from the company is posting and drawing all the fire smile_o.gif

Can someone tell me which bombs are mostly used on what kinds of targets with the A-10?

I feel that using MK82 (500kg) is a bit overkill on a BTR-70 tounge_o.gif and like I said in a earlier post; the manual is'nt very complete.

I miss stuff around typical usage of weaponry, typical cruise-speed/height and what kind of targets do you engage and what do you avoid etc

I feel that using MK82 (500kg) is a bit overkill on a BTR-70  tounge_o.gif

Ehhhh

As far as what ordnance to use... if it kills the bloody thing, pat yourself on the back tounge_o.gif

Actually though, I personally set the Avenger on the LOW fire rate and give light targets (like BTR-70's) a short squirt... save the bombs for tanks, as it sometimes takes so many bullets to kill one of those things that it can hardly be considered efficient.

I use the gun in high-danger situations (how come I didn't spot that Shilka 4 miles back!) and against light targets, general purpose bombs against armored/hardened targets, mavericks against ground threats, and cluster bombs against columns (if its a tank column though I'll consider taking them out one by one with 'harder' weapons... cluster bombs don't do much against armor)

But, I'm no pro... just a teenager trying to blow stuff up tounge_o.gif

PS (for what little it's worth) the MK82 is 500lb, not kg smile_o.gif

only the F15E Strike Eagle has an advanced A/G capacity

Although Israel has used it's F-15C's in A/G

/\

/    \

I

I

I

It was more in reference to Tex's claim of "No A/G capability whatsoever"  smile_o.gif

*edit* or anyways I thought he said that a few days ago...maybe he edited his message...bah, it's still a valid clarification, they could but they don't tounge_o.gif. Anyhoo I have a final exam to flunk in 20 minutes, what the hell am I doing here?! ta-ta! tounge_o.gif

What did you use ?

A sledgehammer? biggrin_o.gif

I don't see that much debris when I "Avenge" them.... or maybe I have'nt got that close to them  biggrin_o.gif

The 30 (?) mm cannon wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Here's another cannon attack I made.

1. Closing in

2. Ratatata ph34r.gif

3. He's goin down (bottom left corner)

4. Splash

<span style='font-size:7.01pt;line-height:100%'>Edit: Updated URLs</span>

That's all sweet, but there is something very special with the A-10.

I can't exactly put the word on it, but I think OFP started it for me  smile_o.gif

How is th Rook (Su25) anyway?

I only fly the A-10 as that's where my heart belong in this sim.

Now I'm going to try something I think I'll regret biggrin_o.gif and something I've put last on my training-list for the A-10:

Mid-air refuling crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Wish me luck tounge_o.gif

That's all sweet, but there is something very special with the A-10.

I can't exactly put the word on it, but I think OFP started it for me  smile_o.gif

I never liked the A10 in OFP, but it's okay in Lomac. I don't use it though, prefer Su smile_o.gif

I never liked the A10 in OFP, but it's okay in Lomac. I don't use it though, prefer Su smile_o.gif

I assume you've had a bad experience.... like a close encouter with Mr. LGB biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]prefer Su smile_o.gif

I have enough to learn when it comes to the planes, so I really don't need to learn a foreign language aswel wow_o.gif

How is th Rook (Su25) anyway?

Only tried it a few minutes - no HUD, no choosing of weapons it seems, I really don't get that plane crazy_o.gif

Now I'm going to try something I think I'll regret biggrin_o.gif and something I've put last on my training-list for the A-10:

Mid-air refuling crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Wish me luck tounge_o.gif

Hehe, been thinking of trying that... gotta be cool.

Quote[/b] ]prefer Su smile_o.gif

I have enough to learn when it comes to the planes, so I really don't need to learn a foreign language aswel wow_o.gif

Same here but I did it anyway smile_o.gif

..after replaying the training mission a couple of times lol.

You can disable "HUD in Russian" in options though. But it's cooler with a Russian HUD.

How do you know where the cable is when tanking the F-15?

Open the canopy, stand up and look behind you? tounge_o.gif

there are lights on the underside of the fuselage (KC-10 only) which tell you up/down, forward backwards etc.... but admitedly i cheated and switched to external view to get some screenshots heh

refueling.jpg

only problem is if you go too far forward, you loose all control of your aircraft apart from ailerons... including throttle. it locks you to the speed of the tanker when you go to the precontact position (not cleared to precontact... but rather when you are 0.1mile away and are close enough to see the details)