Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Redressing the balance

As far as I know the NH-90 uses similar Active Cancellation and Rotor design as the Tiger and Commache use, so would be very quiet and "wooshy?" when not transfering from one flight mode to another. The active cancellation works by re-emitting the noise the helicopter maked 180degrees out of phase, there by cancelling out the waveform. This has the best effect on the low-frequencies. You can test this yourself...

Take your stereo. Put the two speakers next to each other... Select a bass heavy track... Reverse the polarity on one side by putting black to red and red to black. Walla! wheres all the bass gone?

The rotor technology works by having the tips, which are the only parts of the blade to exceed the speed of sound, close to each other , and giving them a "kink". This means the tips break the soundbarrier in the Disturbed Air of the blade before it. This changes the density of the air, and since sound changes direction when passing through a medium of different density, it is disperesed in all directions...

OK, sorry, back to playing with my new LAV-III...

A BOMB CAMERA! wow_o.gif

That is what I´ve always wanted, you never see where your bombs hit with most plane addons. Oh and the Migs are good too. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Thanks Footmunch, I don´t know why I didn´t get around to trying these earlier.

hi footmunch..im kinda back, because i had to format my HD during a virus attack.

i have to get Paintshop again *couch* no legal copie *couch*..then i can start reskinning again...BTW send me the NH-90 for skinning if you are to buissy?

same email adress as allways..or catch me on MSN wink_o.gif

CHeers..good work on the Phantom btw!!

Okay, update time...

Draken - Now on home page:

Link

_Zero_ differences to the last beta posted (so please don't

re-download unless necessary). Zip file contains readme.

BAS Tonal Roundels - Now included in the roundel pack on

home page:

Link

Named r_BASRebel.paa (red/yellow/green circle with

'crossed' AK47's) and r_BASTonal.paa (yellow/green circle with

black and white insert).

F-4E Phantom II - Link

External model 'finished'.

New engine sound.

Roundel and numbering capable (see other planes for how it

works).

Loadout adjusted.

BLU-1 Napalm added - Work In Progress (thanks to Dragon

for the idea of a coloured smoke grenade).

Exhaust smoke effects.

New afterburner effects/activation - press the 'run' key

(usually E) to activate burners (thanks to BigPoppa for the

script).

(Note that the Phantom is now pretty heavy on 'drop'

commands. If anyone has particular lag/slowdown problems,

can you post here, please.)

NH-90 - Link

_Very_ early beta.

Carries 12 'cargo' + pilot and door gunner.

Rear ramp included.

Auto flares/ Missile Spoofing.

Roundel and numbering capable (number appears on both

sides of the boom and the underneath of the heli).

Interior/Gun/Cockpit textures are _placeholders_ only, and

will be improved.

It wouldn't be Friday without a 'new' plane:

Il-28 Beagle:

beagle1.jpg

beagle2.jpg

Currently in game, but no beta yet. _Possibly_ will have

glazed nose for gunner, and rear turret - No promises.

Skins - PSP templates for F-86, Il-28 and A-26 at:

Link

Very nice! I always liked your work, especially because you manage to put so much plane into such small files!

Excellent news about the Beagle smile_o.gif

It's another of those planes which belongs in OFP...A small tactical bomber which was used for all sorts of roles. smile_o.gif

Seems like the Phantom's file is corrupt... Could you check it please?

Thanks Hjaldar - Some weirdness with the FTP corrupted

the original upload. Seems to be okay now after

re-uploading.

Consigliere - Yep, 'Schnell' bombers like the Beagle (with the

concept starting with the Ju-88 and Pe-2) are very well

suited to the sort of tactical environment we have in OFP.

Fast in, drop the eggs, and fast out: the enemy is missing

one tank platoon.

Also, the Beagle is about as big as a bomber

can be for the AI to handle properly. Without specific

bomb scripting code, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to

include such 'strategic' bombers as B-52's and Vulcans, other

than watching them fly overhead, and camcreate explosions

below them.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

Wow!!! A Beagle!!! Awesome!!! I've always loved that plane. Yes please try to make the gunner position on the front even if the gun is fixed. The rear turret would be cool, but of coarse, unless you make another amazing OFP technology breakthrough, it would just be for decoration... but at least it would look authentic. The Beagle is definitely one of those little known planes that was a very interesting design and definitely useful in OFP for bombing missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the psd's link seems to be corrupted.. missing 18bytes or so?

Further.. nice work biggrin_o.gif

Yeah I downloaded the PSP templates but they were corrupted sad_o.gif

I wanna try my hand at texturing and I reckon a Beagle would be a a nice plane to start on smile_o.gif

Woe is me...3 downloads and still no working templates sad_o.gif

uhm FM is the NH90 supposed to not retract the gears?

Model looks great..sadly i still dont have a new Photoshop crazy_o.gif

I'm starting to think that these "Footmunch Fridays" are better than Christmas. WOOHOO! Thanks! smile_o.gif

Sorry, it looks like the ftp manged to pooch the

templates as well. I'm away from the upload for the

rest of the weekend, but I'll fix them on Monday.

SXEP - I've taken the side doors and the retractable gear off

for now, but they'll go back on later.

Back to drinking now...

Footmunch thank you for the Phantom with napalm bomb m8 good work wink_o.gif

I hope you make the Skyraider with napalm bombs too

Very good improvements on the phantom, very nice.

Maybe the exhaust smoke a little bit "thicker/darker". smile_o.gif

Some texturetests I made.

f4phantomtest.jpg

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Yep... Cockpit needs work too smile_o.gif I like that napalm bomb, but when I use it, a bunch of numbers come up rock.gif Oh well biggrin_o.gif

Great work!! Along with GMR Mod that naplam looks really good (and lagg-free). I guess those numbers are bombs Altitude(?) Oh, and i like the Wings Fold at start  smile_o.gif  . I agree on afterburn smoke thickness. At +-speed 700 the flame is like 5m behide Plane. Well, great progress. Thanks Footmunch.

Some texturetests I made.

http://lee.plankton.ch/f4phantomtest.jpg

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

That's a great repaint job they did on that Phantom smile_o.gif I've seen it before, but I don't think you'd wanna fly in a thing over a battlefield in colours like that somehow  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

You are too much Footmunch! The NH-90 is wonderful! I think you got the scale and dimensions right.

Bugs: wink_o.gif

Soldiers feet stick out the bottom of the chopper (incl gunner) I think the seated positions are too low.

Textures are beta so no worries. They will be sorted by you and others anyway.

Maybe its too slow to land?

I know its easy to do in the Mission.sqm file, but could you place a version on resistance side?

Well Done!

smile_o.gif

Footmuch, when u get ur other projects out the door would u consider doing a remodeled Mig21? and/or Mig19..thanks in advance...

Actually, after another play, I reckon the landings are good. I like the way it circles before landing, and in difficult area widens its circle till it finds a good spot. Seems to react more realistically than other OFP Helo's in the air for some reason... Nice.

I put the Dog in as a passenger and the whole thing hung out the bottom like its leash was tied to the undercarraige! tounge_o.gif

I haven't tried your newer stuff out yet Footmunch. But I am about to do so any minute now.

One small question: Any chance of making a few Tonali Skyraiders? Like a Skyraider with a few freefall bombs for the Goverment. I have a whole background thing for Tonali Skyraiders aswell.

In 1973 the Tonali government realized their need for bombers to counter the ever growing rebel threat a number of aircraft was needed for coastal patrols aswell. The president commisioned the islands only aeronautical company "E.A Tonali" to come up with a solution to this matter. The suggestions from the E.A Tonali president were considerd by the Tonali minister of defence Muhjan Ali-ghazar. And the most sound solution was thought to be license production of the A-1 Skyraider. A number of counsil meetings were held with the U.S secretary of defence James R. Schlesinger regarding this matter. A conclusion was recived after the tenth meeting. E.A Tonali was going to licence produce the A-1 Skyraider under the name of D69 Kubwa Nguruwe ("The big pig") A number of twenty aircraft was going to be produced, the first ten where to be shipped directly to the Tonali airforce. Of wich three would serve as coastal defence and patrol aircraft. The remaining ten were to be sold by E.A Tonali, the civilian version was to be called C69 Sol Sablonneux ("Sandy soil")

The order took four and a half years for E.A Tonali to fully complete. The coastal defence/patrol aircraft designated Bahari Nguruwe ("The sea pig") Was armed with Mk-46 torpedoes (Supplied by the American government) Aswell as two American M20 Recoilles AT guns. One on each wing.

Another loadout was also quite common on "The sea pigs" It consisted of a 20.MM cannon (domestic) One Mk-46 torpedo (belly mounted) And two 200 gallon droptanks.

The aircrafts that were meant for close air support and the taking out of rebel encampments was designated Fury (wich later gave name to the Tonali squadron of SU-25's) The Furys carried many different load outs:

It was first equipped with a similar configuration to the one of "The sea pig" That being five Mk.28 freefall bombs. And four M20 AT guns.

The second configuration was a little more advanced, it carried four AT1 "Snapper" missiles, wich had been bought from the Russians. Aswell as a 20.MM cannon from a domestical arms company named "B.G Mujabbi" It also carried two M20 AT guns.

The final and most recent load out consisted of two AA-8 Aphids (mounted where the wings meet the aircraft body) A 20.MM cannon (The same as above) And also one M20 AT gun wich was mounted on the belly of the aircraft.

As of late many of the civilian C69's has fallen into the hands of rebel fractions. Many of these aren't armed at all, but some are armed with M20 AT guns or 20.MM cannons. Sometimes the rebels have been known to even attach RPG launchers to the wings. Wich are then launced by the pilot by pulling a rope that goes from the trigger to the cockpit.

But the skyraider is a US plane..and us selling planes to Africans rock.gif