Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

War against terror

4 correctly identified, 4 false alarms, 75% of threats identified.

I think how many bags you scanned is kinda important tounge_o.gif

Scanned 20 got 50%... bah..

I started the game and alt tabbed and played minesweep for a few 2 mintues. biggrin_o.gif

I missed 2 bombs, but I flagged 9 mines in that time smile_o.gif

Hi all

More from the FBI Whistle Blower. TBA had intel that told them which US cities were targets for 9/11.

Quote[/b] ]during more than three hours of testimony to investigators for the 9/11 panel on Feb. 11.

Edmonds, who was hired as a translator by the FBI nine days after the attacks, told the investigative panel she has seen and handled intelligence documents and cables that show Rice, the national security adviser, is wrong when she says there was no advance warning of air attacks on U.S. soil.

She saw intelligence documents that pointed to the use of aircraft against skyscrapers in major U.S. cities.

"We had various information from various sources and investigations," she said in an interview yesterday.

"In terms of specific cities? Yes. It was not only New York and Washington, D.C. There were four or five cities specifically named.

"There were specific activities known. Domestic institutions were being targeted and airplanes were going to be used. That was known. Now, did it say Sept. 11, 8:30 in the morning? I am not aware of such information. Did it say it was going to crash the planes in the building? I am not privy to that information.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp....6611085

I guess we know why the 9/11 commision says it could have been prevented. I should point out this is still being censored in the US but links to the story are being printed everywhere.

Even Here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn....riefing

look under the section

Quote[/b] ]Three Stories You Won't Read Here

Totaly Shocked Walker

Either these bombings in Madrid made some people eager to threaten with fake bombs, or the intelligence go paranoid, today was the third time in 2 weeks I got delayed and the trainstation got into chaos after false bombthreats or "suspicious bags" here in the Netherlands crazy_o.gifrock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hi all

More from the FBI Whistle Blower. TBA had intel that told them which US cities were targets for 9/11.

Quote[/b] ]"Then I would say maybe the FBI did not take the information to her, maybe she didn't know," Edmonds said.

rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]"There were specific activities known. Domestic institutions were being targeted and airplanes were going to be used. That was known. Now, did it say Sept. 11, 8:30 in the morning? I am not aware of such information. Did it say it was going to crash the planes in the building? I am not privy to that information.

"But there was specific information on the use of airplanes. There were people issuing orders and information on people already in place in this country months before Sept. 11."

Quote[/b] ]She saw intelligence documents that pointed to the use of aircraft against skyscrapers in major U.S. cities.

hmmm

Somehow I believe we will see the following image not only with spains flag in the near future.

t_spain.jpg

Who is next? Since the teror attacks move to the north I sincerely believe France is next. And considering the fact that france has many imigrants of the same origin as the terorists in spain. They better keep their eyes open.

Today and yesterday I was taking a long journey by train. And once when the train stopped in the middle of nowhere I actually saw a lady next to me look quite frightened, as if she would have believed it is an attack. The after-911 syndrom is moving to europe pretty quickly!

I don't know exactly who will be next where they succeed. However likely targets you already know about. I should say Poland would be a difficult place to carry out an attack, so that is probably not the next tiem we will see a massive explosion.

UK is very likely, depending on how many sleeper cells are still active.

EDIT: And you know, Canada is not immune to this either. Freeing up some US hands in Afghanistan for the Iraq war certainly doesn't help the situation.

Somehow I believe we will see the following image not only with spains flag in the near future.

This morning I heard in the radio news that they caught a guy with two pipe bombs filled with gun powder (500g & 200g) and shrapnells in Frankfurt/Main. He tried to enter a disco but the bouncer stopped him and called the police (gj!). The guy seems to be known from a radical islamistic scene.

German Source

Seeing all the uprisings in Iraq, Afghanistan seems to face new trouble as well.

Afghan City Falls to Strongman as Troops Fly In

Quote[/b] ]Forces of a renegade adviser to Afghan President Hamid Karzai have overrun the capital of a northern province, a defense ministry official said on Thursday.

Anayat charged that Dostum, whose private army is among those targeted for demobilization by Karzai, launched the assault after Kabul rejected his demand to be appointed defense minister or army chief of staff.

Yes i agree with Bn880 that the UK is a most likely target at the moment. Having said that there have been some high profile 'terror' related arrests (some near where i liveFive men charged over 'bomb plot', Five men arrested in a series of anti-terror raids in the South East last week have been charged with terrorist offences, Scotland Yard said. (bbc)

(already reported?

This article has brought to my attention a word previously unknown to me >De-arrested<. It sounds made up to me.

This article has brought to my attention a word previously unknown to me >De-arrested<. It sounds made up to me.

Hi IsthatyouJohnWayne

The word uses a hyphen it is the english language convention that you can join two words in this fashion. It inherently acknovledges that the two words are seperate but places before the reader and via common usage the word can then evolve into a new word eventualy over years becoming in the futurer "dearrest" I personaly believe this word will make it as its similarity to the existing word "dearest" meaning most loved. I think it will always remain in the limbo of hyphination.

This evolvolutionary process is why the standard Oxford Dictionary is called the "Oxford Dictionary of Common Usage"

The evolutionary process is also why English has overtaken French as the international language. French was crippled by the decision to have a board to decide what words were allowed in french. Under such a restrictive regime french could never compete in an evironment of techno culture that is changing so fast that the language can not keep up with daily inventions when it has such a drawn out process for adding to its vocabulary.

Kind Regards Walker

walker-

Quote[/b] ]This >evolvolutionary< process is why the standard Oxford Dictionary is called the "Oxford Dictionary of Common Usage"

I see here you are boldly pioneering the mutation of the language biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for the information. I guess i am aware that the use of the hyphen may make it conventional but that does not stop a new word usage or prefix from sounding strange.

Im not sure we can say that the evolution of english is the essential characteristic enabling it to have become the international language. French (and many other languages) have a variety and breadth quite divorced from what a bunch of old white men may say about them. The fact of the preeminent english speaking imperial power of the first part of the last century being succeeded in preeminence by a new yet still english speaking power cannot be discounted.

Nonetheless (interesting word) i would agree that the evolutionary potential of english certainly hasnt hurt it.

(has not hurt its popularity anyway, though it may result in some horrible garblings in the process of change, worst of which for me are management-speak words)

Comedy of the Year nomination anyone? biggrin_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/binladen.tape/index.html

Quote[/b] ](CNN) -- Arabic language TV network Al-Arabiya has aired what it says is an audio tape from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, in which he threatens revenge on America, but offers a truce to European states.

CNN experts who have listened to the tape say that the speaker sounds like bin Laden but there is no way for CNN to independently confirm the speaker's identity.

Dubai-based Al-Arabiya declined to say how it received the tape, but the speaker referred to events that occurred less than a month ago.

In the audio tape, the speaker threatens revenge on the United States for the death of Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was killed March 22 in an Israeli targeted helicopter attack in Gaza City.

He also refers to the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States and the March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings as examples of actions al Qaeda has taken in response to attacks on Muslims.

Where's Waldo?

Allthatjazz says:

Quote[/b] ]‘Osama Slipped Out by Sea’

Huma Aamir Malik

Arab News

KARACHI, 12 April 2004 — Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden may have fled Pakistan through Karachi or Gwadar.

Intelligence sources told Arab News yesterday that US and Pakistani intelligence agencies were investigating the case of a suspect, believed to be Bin Laden, who traveled from Dera Ismail Khan to Karachi in a truck. “He might have slipped out on a private ferry through Karachi or Gwadar port,†the sources said.

“Investigation is also under way about his destination. There are possibilities that he re-entered Pakistan’s Balochistan province and thence moved into Afghanistan,†the sources added.

They said US intelligence received reports some months ago that Bin Laden had been staying in Dera Ismail Khan. A tall and slim man along with two men with small beards traveled by truck to Karachi, the reports said.

The sources said Bin Laden and his deputy Ayman Al-Zawahiri lived in Shawal in North Waziristan after they escaped from Afghanistan. Shawal is not far from Dera Ismail Khan. “Intelligence agencies have proof that Osama was in Shawal until June 2003,†the sources said.

A number of videotapes carrying images of Bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri and broadcast by the Qatar-based Al-Jazeera channel were also shot in Shawal, the sources insisted.

The governor of the North West Frontier Province banned weapons in Shawal in August 2003. Bin Laden left the valley and was reportedly seen in the Pakistan-Afghan border area in mid-2003, the sources said.

In another development, a frontier tribe that has vowed to help a government drive against foreign fighters in the region has received anonymous threatening letters. The letters started arriving immediately after three sub-tribes of the Mahsud — the Yargulkhel, Ghanikhel and Dharikhel — formed their own lashkars, or militias, on Saturday to help the government drive in South Waziristan Agency. The elders of the Mahsud received letters threatening them with dire consequences for opposing the Al-Qaeda and Taleban in the area.

The lashkars searched 120 houses in Dhog, Zeri Lattha and Kaloosha areas, but did not find any terrorists, tribal elders of the three sub-tribes said.

The letters said that siding with the government in America’s war on terror and killing one’s own people through tribal lashkars was “un-Islamicâ€. The letters used abusive language to describe the tribal elders who took part in such lashkars.

Comedy of the Year nomination anyone? biggrin_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/binladen.tape/index.html

Quote[/b] ](CNN) -- Arabic language TV network Al-Arabiya has aired what it says is an audio tape from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, in which he threatens revenge on America, but offers a truce to European states.

CNN experts who have listened to the tape say that the speaker sounds like bin Laden but there is no way for CNN to independently confirm the speaker's identity.

Dubai-based Al-Arabiya declined to say how it received the tape, but the speaker referred to events that occurred less than a month ago.

In the audio tape, the speaker threatens revenge on the United States for the death of Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was killed March 22 in an Israeli targeted helicopter attack in Gaza City.

He also refers to the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States and the March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings as examples of actions al Qaeda has taken in response to attacks on Muslims.

What do you mean comedy?

OBL says he has no intention to attack EU as long as they don't persecute muslims. now what a stupid statement. biggrin_o.gif

OBL says he has no intention to attack EU as long as they don't persecute muslims. now what a stupid statement. biggrin_o.gif

What's so stupid about that? They attack targets 'cause they have a reason to attack it. Without a reason of attack we wouldn't see any attacks.

basically he is accusing EU of doing something that was not done.

this is just like me saying you broke a forum rule so i'll temp PR you, when in fact you have done nothing wrong.

basically he is accusing EU of doing something that was not done.

this is just like me saying you  broke a forum rule so i'll temp PR you, when in fact you have done nothing wrong.

UK, Spain, Italy etc. are part of the EU.

read again, OBL is claiming that EU nations were acting against muslims, which is as far fetched as saying CS is realistic.