Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

War against terror

Quote[/b] ]DO WHAT!!! DID YOU READ THE UNDERLINED PART!? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS TYPED!? The USSR didn't force their "religion" on the Afghans because they had none!!!

O_O Yes, exactly. What are you trying ot say? Because i was trying to say that it isn't purely religious. These people enjoy they way they live. They don't want to have a stable economy, or good health-care, or emancipation. None of that.

Quote[/b] ]Besides most of the population in Iraq welcomes the change. but you all wouldn't know it by the press.

And how would you know? Were you there? Can you speak arabic? Did you talk to the iraqis? Where do you get your info from? Or are you just assuming stuff?

Quote[/b] ]Are you on drugs or something?

banghead.gif My question to you!?

Quote[/b] ]I think that was refering to that the war in afganistan wasn't because of religion...and if he was or not is really irrelevant, because in that case you managed to say exactly the same thing as he did, since he said "nothing religious", which would mean "religion not being forced upon anyone", in which case your reply to his statement was totally unnecessary, and there was especially no point in making the already unnecessary reply somewhat cocky. Therefor, the combination of a reply that was either a) a reply to something that was never claimed or b) a cocky forumlated reply that said exactly the same as the original statement, lead me to wondering what the reply really was about.

It was posted as a side note that the Soviets didn't do it because they didn't have what it takes to convert someone, a religion. It was used to block anyone who would say "oh, the soviets did a better job than the US"

Quote[/b] ]And it still doesn't change the fact that some people will feel oppressed and feel that the western world is shuving their opinions of what's best for muslims down their throat. Some people will keep on living their life, while for others this may just increase the disgust they already feel towards the western world because of other factors...if I'm convinced I'm better off with a monkey and a wolf in charge of my country, I'd probably give jack shit about wether or not I may or may not realise that I'm better of with someone/something else in charge...

1) the phrase "western world" no longer accumulates for all the forces that are part of the "coalition of the willing"

2) the people who feel disgust could be mad at the world because they have been fed propaganda, granted, not all people have been subject to this. But those who are mad could also be oblivious to what democracy really is.

3) If you hate democracy so much then move out, it looks like North Korea can use a few more people to starve.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]The package comes in addition to USD 2.36 billion in military aid granted to Israel by the US each year.

And I don't know what you consider "military aid" to be, but I consider it to be economical support to Israel.

I wonder what else the Israelis are cooking up in their back yard... could it be... new weapons technology?

Quote[/b] ]You talk about being naive? Through numerous medias I haven't really seen anything that points in the direction that a vast majority of the Iraqi population welcomes the changes. Most information I've seen (much from US medias) suggest the opposite.

I think I'll answer the above question: you are naive

The press only shows you what it can (or what it wants you) to see. Imagine standing over a map. You would see all the cities, roads, and other landmarks. You'll see the whole map right? Now, lets throw in the "press." Imagine taking an empty paper towel roll and holing it up to your eye like a telescope. If you look at the map you would notice you can only see so much and that it would take some time to fully analyze the map. And with new events happening each day you would have to go back over and reanalyze areas of the map you've all ready seen. Get my point?

Quote[/b] ]You got some secret universially true media that always tells the truth?

PFC David Whelms, USMC (Deployed to Iraq)

LCPL Jessie Whoebach, USMC (Deployed to Iraq)

SGT Justin Davidson, USMC (On Furlough-saw Fallujah II)

PVT Steven Cornet, US Army (Deployed To Afghanistan)

Its safe to say they are telling the truth, and in the news media... they call this "primary sources." What they use to compose a story.

1) the phrase "western world" no longer accumulates for all the forces that are part of the "coalition of the willing"

And that is totally irrelevant. The coalition forces are usually lead by USA, and most of the forces are still from the western world. And still, people who's already pissed off on the western world for other reasons probably blame the western world for everything the coalition forces do.

Quote[/b] ]2) the people who feel disgust could be mad at the world because they have been fed propaganda, granted, not all people have been subject to this. But those who are mad could also be oblivious to what democracy really is.

I never said that nobody have been manipulated and fed propaganda. The point is, if the western worlds behaviour would be just cherry pie and all good, less people would give in for the propaganda because they wouldn't have any problem with the west. Prolbem is, the west doesn't behave like an angel, therefor people already have bad thoughts about the west, and when this is then used by exstemists to manipulate people, they get a much easier time doing it.

Quote[/b] ]3) If you hate democracy so much then move out, it looks like North Korea can use a few more people to starve.

I've never said I don't like democracy, I've said that maybe not everyone likes it. But obviously you seem to have a problem realising that not every single person in this world have to fancy everything that americans do...

Quote[/b] ]I wonder what else the Israelis are cooking up in their back yard... could it be... new weapons technology?

Oh, oh...I got it, I got it! Can you tell me why the fuck USA would split up the sum and call one part a sum that was gonna be given for technology, and then they magically call the other part "military aid"? Was it too dull to call it all funding for technology?

Quote[/b] ]I think I'll answer the above question: you are naive

The press only shows you what it can (or what it wants you) to see. Imagine standing over a map. You would see all the cities, roads, and other landmarks. You'll see the whole map right? Now, lets throw in the "press." Imagine taking an empty paper towel roll and holing it up to your eye like a telescope. If you look at the map you would notice you can only see so much and that it would take some time to fully analyze the map. And with new events happening each day you would have to go back over and reanalyze areas of the map you've all ready seen. Get my point?

I'll give you the answer to the question above. No I'm not. You are, and you are arrogant too. Obviously you think the situation in Iraq is all good and that the american soldiers are just cruising on a wave of local support. I wonder why they keep coming back dead then? Because some of your friends say so doesn't make it true. Norway was just labeled as the most Israel-hostile country in the western world (or the world...heard both, I'll take my chance that it was the western world). If I go out on the street and ask 5 persons if about how they feel about Israel, does it make the statement true if all 5 says they hate Israel? Will it make it false if they all say they love Israel? Neither will, because I might be so lucky that I 5 crazy people or 5 people from "Israels friend". I don't know where your sources have been in Iraq, but I highly doubt their information can paint a good picture of how the situation is in the whole of Iraq. So I am naive because numerous trustable news source says Iraq isn't a crowd of happy chaps loving the changes, while you are not naive because you mean you've got a a totally clear picture of the situation in Iraq from information from 4 US soldiers?

thats the problem. The US presumes it know what the iraqis want. Infact they want somthing completly different...

Quote[/b] ]You got some secret universially true media that always tells the truth?

PFC David Whelms, USMC (Deployed to Iraq)

LCPL Jessie Whoebach, USMC (Deployed to Iraq)

SGT Justin Davidson, USMC (On Furlough-saw Fallujah II)

PVT Steven Cornet, US Army (Deployed To Afghanistan)

Its safe to say they are telling the truth, and in the news media... they call this "primary sources." What they use to compose a story.

Whilst I don't wish to enter the main argument, I just wish to point out that your list of "primary sources" is exceptionally biased.

Quote[/b] ]the war on terror is clearly not a crusade.  Its a act to improve the economic status of the imperialistic nature of the USA.

Ibelieve it not to be a religious crusade, but I disagree with the economic part... how could our position have been significantly economically better at the time invading Iraq was considered? Actually, I tend to believe it is more about political positioning.

If a plan to invade Iraq existed before 2001, it was based on data and analysis of Desert Storm 1988-1989 and the following No-Fly Zone actions. It would have been relatively easy and would have provided an effective method of suppression and influence on the single nation to help westernize that section of the earth.

To summarize: had 9/11 never happened, I doubt it would have been this difficult to maintain stability. The resulting invasion to Afghanistan and follow up into Iraq painted more of a picture of overwhelming imperialistic tendancy to control all of the Middle-East rather than just a stomp on Iraq.

If the US had continued to invade Iraq (IF 9/11 never happened) it would have been more like a nation-to-nation conflict and been "an example". Instead, Bush has managed to justify these two distinct and seperate actions (WOT and Invasion of Iraq) as a wholistic effort (to gain support) and has thus infuriated the entire Middle-East by creating a complete restructure of the world's political coalitions. The result of which means our political aggression ("You are with us or against us") has put far too much pressure and created distinct dividing lines on national borders when there was no need to do so. It has also created a "sense of terror" in the democratic ranks of both the US and especially so in other western nations. I know I am terrified of the Bush administration... the question is why are Americans either terrified of Terrorists or terrified of Bush? That alone should speak volumes.

Quote[/b] ]DO WHAT!!! DID YOU READ THE UNDERLINED PART!? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS TYPED!? The USSR didn't force their "religion" on the Afghans because they had none!!!

O_O Yes, exactly. What are you trying ot say? Because i was trying to say that it isn't purely religious. These people enjoy they way they live. They don't want to have a stable economy, or good health-care, or emancipation. None of that.

Quote[/b] ]Besides most of the population in Iraq welcomes the change. but you all wouldn't know it by the press.

And how would you know? Were you there? Can you speak arabic? Did you talk to the iraqis? Where do you get your info from? Or are you just assuming stuff?

A picture speaks a thousand words.

With regards to the seperation of religion and politics, in many countries that is not something to be welcomed. In my own country the head of state is also the head fo the Church. Some rather bloodthirsty wars have been fought to maintain this system and we should not be giving it up lightly.

The Russians may not have forced their system of religion on Afghanistan, but they did force their system of government and the two are greatly interconnected. In many societies it is not possible to divorce the them.

Stable economy, emancipation and good health care should also have been distrusted here, if it had been brought to us at gun point.

For the record I'm not aware that economic stability has been brought to either Iraq or Afghanistan, my perception is quite the opposite. Perhaps given time...

Small plane has crashed in a skycraper in New York.

Not sure if it's anything to do with terror though.

BBC News.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>17 months ago:</span>

If I were a terrorist I would spend thousands of dollars buying up cheap hardware store smoke detectors.  Hell, I'd even steal them from public restrooms and where ever they are easily available.  Then I'd force open the tiny Americium-241 container from each detector with vice-grips.  I'd gathering all the impregnated pieces of resin and mix it in with the high explosive of my bomb.

Americium-241 emits ~85% alpha particles and ~8% gamma radiation with a 400 year half-life.  The authorities will easily be able to detect radioactive contamination long long after the explosion.

The interesting part is that nobody has to die and nobody probably ever would die from such low residual radiation.  But the public would refuse to see the shades of gray.  For the public, the affected area would either be hot or not.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>1 month ago:</span>

Quote[/b] ]At a cost of Å70,000, Barot, 34, proposed building a bomb that would cause radiation sickness in about 500 people and produce mass panic.

He suggested in his presentation document to al-Qa'ida leaders that the radiation project should use around 10,000 smoke detectors and either "set them alight" or "place them on top of an explosive device".

-- The Independent

wow_o.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>17 months ago:</span>
If I were a terrorist I would spend thousands of dollars buying up cheap hardware store smoke detectors.  Hell, I'd even steal them from public restrooms and where ever they are easily available.  Then I'd force open the tiny Americium-241 container from each detector with vice-grips.  I'd gathering all the impregnated pieces of resin and mix it in with the high explosive of my bomb.

Americium-241 emits ~85% alpha particles and ~8% gamma radiation with a 400 year half-life.  The authorities will easily be able to detect radioactive contamination long long after the explosion.

The interesting part is that nobody has to die and nobody probably ever would die from such low residual radiation.  But the public would refuse to see the shades of gray.  For the public, the affected area would either be hot or not.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>1 month ago:</span>

Quote[/b] ]At a cost of Å70,000, Barot, 34, proposed building a bomb that would cause radiation sickness in about 500 people and produce mass panic.

He suggested in his presentation document to al-Qa'ida leaders that the radiation project should use around 10,000 smoke detectors and either "set them alight" or "place them on top of an explosive device".

-- The Independent

wow_o.gif

You terrorist! Expect to have a CIA agent on your door soon...better take you out now, and then look into if you really are a bad guy later...somewhat like Iraq whistle.gif

Do you think the mass panic part was the radiation, or all the loud smoke alarms going off at the same time?

Do you think the mass panic part was the radiation, or all the loud smoke alarms going off at the same time?

rofl.gif Good one!!

The article also referred to a truck fire in France that had caused some panic because it was carrying 900 smoke detectors.  Apparently, that's where the guy got the idea (...and hopefully not my post).  However, it's interesting to see how reasonable and calm the public has been in the aftermath of so many recent Polonium-210 detections.  I understand the sushi bar's been shut down, but that seems to be about the extent of the disruption as far as I've been able to tell.

Not nearly, they've thousands report to hospital, grounded two aeroplanes, shut down an area of his hotel.

They've found radiation all over the place, even in Italy and Germany. The saga continues.

Hmmm, watched some ingame video related to terrorists now i have something to say...

If its was on terrorism, then why most people enjoy watching videos with M1 beign blown up with IED, or US soldier getting shot from sniper rifle?? And actually most of them from US and non muslims, and some even make montages using many terrorists videos and get good rating??  crazy_o.gif some even enjoy execution videos where people getting their heads cut off.....  mad_o.gif How can terrorism be fought if alot of people enjoy it  mad_o.gif those people are even worster then terrorists......

USSRsniper. I read your earlier posts regarding that ingame video. Just because .01 of a percent of people from the U.S. who happen to be non muslim say they enjoy watching people get blown up or dismembered doesn't mean anything. I want to see your sources for the "...most people enjoy..." and "...most are from U.S. and non muslim..." comment. I agree that those people who actually enjoy watching the beheadings and whatnot are sick people but I can assure you that most Americans don't find it amusing. The war on terror is not in going to be hindered by a couple of sick people who enjoy making ingame videos.

US takes war to Internet:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-03-28-cyber-war_N.htm

I especially find this comment from a US General very amusing:

Quote[/b] ]"They are acting in cyberspace. We need to develop options so that we can … dominate cyberspace."

*Cue Heavy Music*

duh duhn duuuuuuuhn!

Seriously... what? they have an arsenal of viruses and DoS attacks?

Should we add non-biological biological weapons to the prohibited section of the Geneva Protocal?  rofl.gif

For my next mission: Destroy the <s>Radar</s> <s>Comm Tower</s> Internet Service Provider Routing Station

US takes war to Internet:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-03-28-cyber-war_N.htm

I especially find this comment from a US General very amusing:

Quote[/b] ]"They are acting in cyberspace. We need to develop options so that we can … dominate cyberspace."

*Cue Heavy Music*

duh duhn duuuuuuuhn!

Seriously... what? they have an arsenal of viruses and DoS attacks?

Should we add non-biological biological weapons to the prohibited section of the Geneva Protocal? rofl.gif

For my next mission: Destroy the <s>Radar</s> <s>Comm Tower</s> Internet Service Provider Routing Station

Good lord forcing the world to use Vista or MAc OS is cuasing me terror. The USA kinda already Dominate the interweb...

For how ever much you hate the whitehouse, they have a sense of humour. The War Against Terror and Operation Iraqi Liberation are both genuine titles FROM the whitehouse.

And several news stations still talk about T W A T, then remeber it's now the war ON terror....

"The techniques are highly classified"

Yeah, I bet there's some dude in iraq right now checking his email and finding 3000 messages about farm animal sex while 3 guys are huddled around a computer in washington laughing their asses off.

It's a sad day for Pakistan. Ex-PM Benazir Bhutto has been confirmed (BBC News) killed by a suicide bomber.

Was this the last chance of getting democracy in Pakistan?

It's a sad day for Pakistan. Ex-PM Benazir Bhutto has been confirmed (BBC News) killed by a suicide bomber.

Was this the last chance of getting democracy in Pakistan?

Sad indeed. Shot in the head, damnit!

The welcome reception she recieved upon her return to the country, 140 killed in a suicide bombing, makes this news hardly suprising...

Very sad day for the Pakistan future indeed.

May she rest in peace.

I hope they will catch the people that helped the now dead murderer.