Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

War against terror

Thats a damn shame what happened to your pics sad_o.gif Loss for the community.

I guess it´s time to speak fact now. It´s not easy and maybe my head will role, but I have to clear it up now.

The Pics I showed you were NOT from Afghanistan. They were from KFOR patrols conducted by the 232. I posted them because the mission area looks almost identical and the setup was almost the same. I know it was wrong and I regret it. I handed in my photos for clearance and my PR officer told me that it will take until midst of may until I get clearance to show them. That´s why I posted those pictures wich had actually nothing to do with the completed task in Afghanistan, but looked very similar to the pics I´ve taken on my own.

I am really sorry for that and I had some bad nights about this.

Anyway this doesn´t change the fact that the experiences I wrote about here are true. There´s nothing made-up there. As some kind of external referrer I want to quote from an external source:

Topics on Afghanistan

Quote[/b] ]December 17, 2004: The week long American offensive has led to the arrest of nearly forty terrorist suspects, and the killing of at least ten who resisted. Weapons, documents and communications equipment has been seized as well. The offensive has gotten the attention of both the Taliban and al Qaeda networks in Afghanistan, sending many terrorists running for new hiding places. The offensive mainly consists of hundreds of raids against suspected terrorist hideouts. It's Winter now, and men fleeing through mountain passes and valleys show up better to heat sensing vidcams. These devices are mounted on many UAVs that can constantly prowl the back country. Fugitives like to hide in the many caves found in Afghanistan's hills. But in the Winter, starting a fire in a cave just makes it easier for the heat sensors to spot you and bring a chopper full of  American troops your way. The Taliban and al Qaeda know about the heat sensors, but they also know how to cope, to a point, with the Winter cold, out in the open and in caves. The Winter offensive is a bold move, and long planned. It will be several more weeks before it is known how successful it is. So far, the only friendly casualties have been four Afghan policemen killed by a roadside bomb.

I feel very ashamed of my misbehaviour and know that I was doing wrong. Sorry OFP com. I promise not to pull such stunt again.

Edit: typos

It takes guts to come clean about such things.

*edit*

And anyway, who am I or anyone else to be telling you about courage since you were the one risking yor life and freezing your ass over there. Though I think it was unecessary, and yes, dishonest to pass off the pics as something else, I can understand you wanting to show something from the experience, and being unable to do so showing the next best thing. None of us would have known the difference had you not come clean now.

Bals, would have been no problem to say that these pictures look simillar to the original. Wouldnt have taken a single percentage off from the credibility and tension of your experienced story!.

And as you say, these pictures could have very well been taken from Afghanistan. Maybe they are, maybe they are not! Who knows it now? smile_o.gif Dont think about it anymore Bals!

Mmmh, Balschoiw is a real famous man...even in a German "Special Units" forum he has some fans and an own thread filling currently nine pages with laughs.

Strange that some people who are somehow involved in the materia don't know him and the actions he's talking about!?!

And strange that you can find "his" pictures on the official homepage of the Gebirgsjaegerbataillon 232 under "Download -> Bilder".

Ooops... wink_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

Well, just another case of those military media communications i guess.

Another case making you understand that you should always take whatever the militarydecide to communicate with a very septic view instead of drinking their words.

At least you said the pictures were false, and even if you don't care, that is why i forgive you as you just betrayed the trust i had on you.

None of us would have known the difference had you not come clean now.

Please take note that he only "came clean" because the real origin of "his" pictures was found to be on Gebirgsbattaillon 232 by a poster on this thread:

http://www.sondereinheiten.de/forum....tart=75

Only afterwards ,when it was to expected that someone will show up here and tell about his fraud, he decided to put up some strange explanation.

Consent on Sondereinheiten.de is that his Afghanistan stories are pure invention, probably based on loose information gathered from media reports. Note that this is the judgement of officers and NCOs in the german military, some of whom I know personally. One of these (Nickname SFC) was in the Gebirgsjägerbrigade for nearly 19 years, his office was right next to the commanding general´s and he never heard about this whole supposed "UN thing" Balschoiw is supposedly taking part in.

It´s believable that he was in Somalia in the 90s, he also has authentic pictures of this, these seem to be the only ones he has to prove his claims about his military live, though. He even tried to use them as proof that what he says about Afghanistan is true on Sondereinheiten.de . Meanwhile he edited and deleted all his postings on that forum, probably realizing that he can´t keep up his legend versus knowledgeable german military types and that he´s fighting a losing battle.

I know that people here will tend to defend him as many of you know him since quite a time, but please consider the facts before blindly following his strange reasoning. There is no proof at all about his military life after 1994, only thing he uses again and again for his claims are some pictures from Somalia 1994.

He already demonstrated his ability to lie without remorse when he posted these stolen pictures. Hadn´t they been found on that german forum he still would go on babbling about how they´re the real thing here. His misfortune was that they ended up on a german forum with knowledgeable people where they quickly were uncovered as fake.

Please do not delete this posting as people have the right to know about the fact that they´re probably betrayed. Everyone is free to draw his own conclusions, but I think it´s important to see both sides (Balschoiws stories for one, and what german military guys have to say about it on the other side). We can only wait if Balschoiw will provide some real pictures or other proof, until then I suggest not to take his stories too serious.

For readers speaking german, the whole thread can be found here:

http://www.sondereinheiten.de/forum....start=0

the eagerness with which the German thread is filling up makes me feel a bit uneasy.

we may have been fooled.

those who want: have a laugh and then move on

bear in mind that this forum is primarily about a game that was meant to make you feel as close to war as you will ever want to get.

bear in mind that this forum is primarily about a game that was meant to make you feel as close to war as you will ever want to get.

Seems like someone here may have gone through the looking-glass.

I for one as an unbiased neutral participant wish an explanation.

I await to see if the forum gets one.

Fun is not the word i would use personnally, i am really disturbed by what i read in the translation of that thread, and what it would mean about someone i trusted before.

I strongly hope to see the real truth , whatever it can be at the end of this.

I am really fed up of reading lies on the internet , after having to deal with hearing lies in the real life

I'm having fun translating that whole thread from German to English.   biggrin_o.gif

You have an odd definition of "fun"! crazy_o.gif

I'm having fun translating that whole thread from German to English.   biggrin_o.gif

What can I say, I have a fetish for bad grammar from free online translators.

What can I say, I have a fetish for bad grammar from free online translators.

Square pants.

No wonder! tounge_o.gif

Fun is not the word i would use personnally, i am really disturbed by what i read in the translation of that thread, and what it would mean about someone i trusted before.

I am really fed up of reading lies on the internet , after having to deal with hearing lies in the real life

Could one post a synopsis for us Language-Challenged Folks. (if it was a Spanish site I'd be alright tounge_o.gif)

OK, let me try.

Someone posted the pictures and the english text taken from militaryphotos.net .

On the first two pages, discussion was about the authenticity of the photos. Some claimed them to be faked, others said they might be real, but showed mountain troops (Gebirgsjäger) outside Afghanistan (which we now know is the case).

Then, on the third page, Balschoiw (who wrote the original text posted on mp.net ) claimed he was no longer serving under Bundeswehr command, but was attached to an international anti-terror unit directly under UN command - I can't say exactly, because he deleted his posts afterwards.

Nobody believed him, because there were users like "SFC" who had been stationed where Balschoiw had claimed to be the operational center of their unit (Bad Reichenhall) and second, because from what he told, he must have been a 19 or 20 years old private without any special training when he was recruited by that unit.

Then, one user found the pictures Balschoiw posted here (that's around page 6). After that, Balschoiw did not post again and the thread drifted off.

would you all please shut the fxxx up! And trust me you can still believe what Bals said so far on this forum.

He himself published images he thought would be simillar enough to those images he made in Afghanistan.

Now due to security reasons he didnt post the actual pictues but those taken on a different mission. Now every smart person would have guessed that it would take him months to get clearence for the real pictues and he would never risk his job nor to be sued and post the real Afghanistan images here.

But of course the OFP-community was so horny for real images and indirectly pressured him into posting at least "something".  He did so but never told us that those are simillar but not the real pictures.

And for the newer ones on this forum: dont even dare to question or criticise Bals since he is one of the loyal and trustworthy forum members since years and gave us many insights into military operations.

He never asked for attention or recognition but simply responded to our desire to see something from afghanistan. He himself came out with the truth and you shouldnt forget that the one who posted these images in a different forum is the real bastard (sorry for my language).

Now get back on topic or I call Al Quaida!

would you all please shut the fxxx up! And trust me you can still believe what Bals said so far on this forum.

He himself published images he thought would be simillar enough to those images he made in Afghanistan.

Now due to security reasons he didnt post the actual pictues but those taken on a different mission. Now every smart person would have guessed that it would take him months to get clearence for the real pictues and he would never risk his job nor to be sued and post the real Afghanistan images here.

But of course the OFP-community was so horny for real images and indirectly pressured him into posting at least "something". He did so but never told us that those are simillar but not the real pictures.

And for the newer ones on this forum: dont even dare to question or criticise Bals since he is one of the loyal and trustworthy forum members since years and gave us many insights into military operations.

He never asked for attention or recognition but simply responded to our desire to see something from afghanistan. He himself came out with the truth and you shouldnt forget that the one who posted these images in a different forum is the real bastard (sorry for my language).

Now get back on topic or I call Al Quaida!

I wish I was as optimistic as you.

For no reason what so ever, and certainly not justified by the fact the community was "horny for 'something'", he lied and posted false images possibly taken by someone else. I don't see any post where people were pressuring him to post something, and even if they did, I would hope a military person as he seems to be can withstand a little peer pressure.

And while not excusing the faker that re-posted the images, Bals turned out to be no different than the faker on this occasion, fooling us and lying to us.

I do think this is relevant as good questions have been raised.

I doubt we would be allowed to make a seperate topic on this, so I just await Bals explanation or what have you.

Quote[/b] ]He himself came out with the truth...
that's not 100% true. on this sf forum they found it on the 6th of january that the pics are stolen and he "came out" on the 7th.

i hope he can explain that somehow. if not, i wouldn't mind it, i can forget about that. i hope he stays here, no matter if he said the truth or not. at least for some coop nights smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]He himself came out with the truth...
that's not 100% true. on this sf forum they found it on the 6th of january that the pics are stolen and he "came out" on the 7th.

i hope he can explain that somehow. if not, i wouldn't mind it, i can forget about that. i hope he stays here, no matter if he said the truth or not. at least for some coop nights  smile_o.gif

BTW: he came out with the truth that those images are not from Afghanistan. Noone else determined that.

we will see who is right! I stick to my attitude that I trust people untill the last moment. Full Stop! smile_o.gif

same here. wink_o.gif

but with the pics you're still wrong. read from this post. sad_o.gif