Sign in to follow this  
AirwolfPL

Far cry's unscripted ai behaviour

Far Cry reminds me of Halo. Pure fun and action. Hell, the jeep reminds me of the Warthog (BEST VEHICLE EVA!!!)

Everything looks shiny with PS 2.0. A pity my FX5600 will commit suicide by trying to run the thing sad_o.gif

The demo is out, downloading now with bittorrent smile_o.gif

Apparently it was meant to be out tomorrow but Ubi released it a day early by mistake smile_o.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention the demo comes in at an astonishing 496mb, curious what's in the demo to make it such a big download smile_o.gif

LOL well I left it downloading after making that post and it's still a smidge under 50%, I'm hoping it might be done by the time I get home from work at 12:30 smile_o.gif

I am almost done with the dl too bad I have to go to bed now sad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Gamer's Hell has it available, no bittorrent needed. Downloading with 110kbyte/sec...

Far Cry Demo. File will be available for download in a few hours.

Mirrors

No Mirrors available for this file at this moment.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Really fast mirror at http://www.fragland.be/downloads.php?did=1098

I've downloaded the file in 15 minutes or so

Could not connect to database

----------

hmm this isn´t fun mad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Hmh, quite boring game. The graphics are ok, not very realistic look but looks nice... The AI seemed quite as stupid as in any other arcade shooter (and dont expect any realism from this game either), running around until getting killed (and yelling all kinds of "taunts" all the time). The maps arent very big, but not very small either, a few choices on which way to go but you still end up in the very same places. No savegames, only checkpoints where the game gets saved automatically = annoying...

Only good thing in this game is water, it looks really nice. Other than that very dull. Reminds halo very much which was total crap.

Huh, maybe Gamer's hell had to withdraw the demo again for a moment, not sure I downloaded there this noon without any troubles.

Yeah, the gfx are nice, the water and the beaches look great, but the enemies aren't animated to fit the beautiful sourroundings (at least when moving around they look quite silly, CS like). But the machete is nice (if not a bit too powerfull - but that's another similarity to CS).

Quote[/b] ]The AI seemed quite as stupid as in any other arcade shooter

The AI isnt perfect, but its much better than most games in the same genre.

Quote[/b] ](and dont expect any realism from this game either)

Its not supposed to be a realistic game, its just a FPS.

Quote[/b] ]The maps arent very big, but not very small either, a few choices on which way to go but you still end up in the very same places.

Actually the maps can be much bigger than featured in the demo. There is no actual limit as far as I know.

And of course you eventually end up in the same place. The level is from the singleplayer game, which is telling a story. So some locations are important for the story to evolve. Just like in the Flashpoint campaigns, there are always some locations you have to visit.

The maps are quite big. It is not going to be realistic, you will also face genetically modified opponents.

However as far as Direct X9.0 is concerned you will get to see as many effects as have never been shown before!

I found the AI would do some stupid things but other times it did more than flashpoint. They seem to interact with the environment better than flashpoint and will do things like enter empty vehicles and move behind cover. I found being stealthy is the best tactic. I will purchase this game, not to replace flashpoint but as a change of pace.

Meh ... I need to upgrade sad_o.gif

my poor little gforce 4200 cant handle farcry even with lowest settings

Oh yeah ... when i was ingame i went after a pig in the jungle ... smart pig lead me to loads of soldiers lol biggrin_o.gif

my poor little gforce 4200 cant handle farcry even with lowest settings

I have a Ti4200 and it runs fine with high detail on 1024x768 with 32bit color...

The demo is out, downloading now with bittorrent smile_o.gif

Apparently it was meant to be out tomorrow but Ubi released it a day early by mistake smile_o.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention the demo comes in at an astonishing 496mb, curious what's in the demo to make it such a big download smile_o.gif

Any links for that bittorent download? I always try to use bittorrent when I can, makes downloading go smoother for almost all involved smile_o.gif

Oh yeah ... when i was ingame i went after a pig in the jungle ... smart pig lead me to loads of soldiers lol  biggrin_o.gif

bring home the bacon! biggrin_o.gif

Any links for that bittorent download? I always try to use bittorrent when I can, makes downloading go smoother for almost all involved smile_o.gif

http://farcry.gamesweb.com/DemoFarCry-zip.torrent

Right click and Save As. smile_o.gif

Thanks, downloading now. I hope this will be done before goobs bedtime smile_o.gif   tounge_o.gif

how fast is bit torrent usually ?

loading since 1500 CET and i´m still at 34 % .... using Nova Torrent rock.gifsad_o.gif