Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Terror in malden campaign

I was looking for a campaign to play a few days ago for little fun and I happened to find Terror in Malden campaign by Christian Boutin from flashpoint.ru (although I'm not russian). After playing few missions it turned out to be maybe the best custom campaign ever made in my opinion. The athmosphere is good, storyline is even better and the missions are really fun to play.

I wanted to share the game experience with this forum and that's why I posted it here. In case someone's looking for a good SP campaign here's the one!

Terror in Malden, by Christian Boutin

http://www.flashpoint.ru/missions/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=92

at

http://www.flashpoint.ru/

Ok...but hey its friggin 38 MB crazy_o.gif

Did he use sound files ?

One question is it totally in Russian or english?

I dont wanna d/ld something i wont understand wink_o.gif

Oh yes, The 38mb is mostly voices and radio chatter and it's english all the way. The file size might be a bit painful for slow connections but it's really worth it. smile_o.gif

Note that this campaign has been out for over a year, I believe.

I've got a search & destroy loop when attacking the US base in BMPs at the start of the campaign. Just going around in circles.

Me thinks more beta testing is required, especially since I'm sure it wasn't beveoped with OFP 1.9x in mind.

Moved on to next mission (had to use the ENDMISSION cheat), to clear St. Louis during airport evac. Similar problem. Objectives not clearly defined and mission doesn't want to end on its own.

Get a report box now and then how many civilians made it but it's not clear why it doesn't go on.

Tried 4x time acceleration here, too. No change.

Don't hold you breath on this one folks. Has interesting potential but it's got to go back to the drawing board first and get thoroughly beta tested.

Then i am not touching it 38 MB of beta testing is not my idea of having a good time with a campaign crazy_o.gif

Hey Avon have you seen the new Democracy campaign?

I thought it could earn a spot at the MOM section biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, speaking about betas, I've played the democracy campaign and it was awfully full of bugs and it drove me crazy! In almost half of the mission I had to use the endmission cheat because the missions just simply didn't work. I wonder why the author published a total beta version. Otherwise it had realistic touch and could have been a good campaign though.

Yeah, speaking about betas, I've played the democracy campaign and it was awfully full of bugs and it drove me crazy!

/avon takes a hint

And btw avon, about the seek & destroy thingy in terror in malden, I finished the mission by hopping out of the bmp and killing a sniper from one of the corners of the us base hiding there. The mission was a bit tricky indeed. Other issue was one of the last mission which didn't end for some reason. Otherwise the campaign worked for me and I liked it much.

And btw avon, about the seek & destroy thingy in terror in malden, I finished the mission by hopping out of the bmp and killing a sniper from one of the corners of the us base hiding there.

Been there, done that! smile_o.gif Yes, the one in the corner in the bush, besides all the other ones. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] The mission was a bit tricky indeed. Other issue was one of the last mission which didn't end for some reason. Otherwise the campaign worked for me and I liked it much.

It has great potential but it needs to be mended and solidified. Pity to leave it like this.

Yeah, speaking about betas, I've played the democracy campaign and it was awfully full of bugs and it drove me crazy! In almost half of the mission I had to use the endmission cheat because the missions just simply didn't work. I wonder why the author published a total beta version. Otherwise it had realistic touch and could have been a good campaign though.

Which place are you stuck in? I didnt get stuck anywhere in the campaign rock.gif

Which place are you stuck in? I didnt get stuck anywhere in the campaign  rock.gif

1st mission: I played to the point where I rescued the guy from the villa. After a few seconds I got a message "the officer has been killed" or something and the mission was ended. Before it ended I took a look around me and saw that my whole group and the one that I rescued was alive. Which was the officer that died then?

2nd mission: The chopper that was supposed to drop me on the hill just left hovering about 50 meters off the ground above the drop point. I ejected and did the mission until I was ambushed. Took out all the enemies but then I had to "get out". I assumed that I had to get back in the chopper which was however still hovering up in the sky. I tried to run around but no use.

4th mission: There was funny bug in this one. When you start the mission from beginning it's about 50% possibility that you find yourself by a bmp. A radio message says "a bmp on the main road" and a text appears that says "where are you going?" and the mission ends with a title "04". Makes any sense? If this doesn't happen the mission will start normally. However when you come to the guard post with the car the guy driving it often drives too far from the guards about to check the papers and the dialogue with them doesn't happen in this case and the game stucks there. If you're really lucky to pass both of these annoying bugs the mission works fine enough until you call in the extraction chopper. It comes and lands on the forest, hits a tree and goes upside down (which looks silly), duh.

5th mission: I played this one to the point where the objective said I had to hide into a meadow and the waypoint pointed into a tiny island in a small lake. The lake was too deep to get on this tiny island and I drowned every single time I tried to get there, from different directions naturally, and there was no boat. Why was this island called meadow and why did I want to get there, anyway?

There are other minor bugs too, like unworking links in the briefings or untranslated texts (some texts are in german). Also the missions could have some names instead of 01,02,03,04... etc.

I've played the campaign to the 8th mission so far. How did you play the campaign without noticing any of these bugs? I'm running the game with version 1.91.

Matter of luck i must say when i reviewed this campaign i DIDNT encounter ANY of those said BUGS.

But a few people have said EAXCTLY the SAME things you just told me , crazy_o.gif

I dont know why it happened to some folks , the chopper landed me fine on the hill and i had a chat with the rebel and evac'ed fine.

I didnt get a officer killed error either rock.gif [believe i played this mission manytimes]

And int he 4th mission you have to go the designated sites to recon dont wander around away from the objective otherwise the mission will end and yes i saw the BMP and noted it fine nothing wrong then i went to the building where the speech was to be made..nothing wrong then either rock.gif

Dont know about the 5th mission kinda forgot i think wink_o.gif

But its wierd that you peopleget so many bugs in it while i got none ghostface.gif

But its wierd that you peopleget so many bugs in it while i got none  ghostface.gif

Maybe FADE has kicked in on your copy. tounge_o.gif

But its wierd that you peopleget so many bugs in it while i got none  ghostface.gif

Maybe FADE has kicked in on your copy. tounge_o.gif

Hmm if FADE did that then i hope it kicks in more often while i test my missions biggrin_o.gif

Hi there ! biggrin_o.gif

I played this campaign some time ago, right when it was released, and I finished it. I don't remember if I had some troubles finishing the missions, but I enjoyed too much playing them. This campaign is, IMHO, one of the best I ever played and I recommend it for all ofp single player fans !

regards..

I played this campaign some time ago, right when it was released, and I finished it.

Just a reminder that subtle changes in OFP's version upgrades and updates since the campaign was released in June 2002, may affect gameplay when running under V1.9x today.

With regards to the democracy campaign only one of the missions required me to endmission, in that case the parameters where too narrow for the player to find their way out once the AI evac crew get killed (hint don't let them die)

THe BMP error happened as well I restarted the mission loaded and played as normal, the only thing I can say about the democracy campaign is an updated version with more addons would be wonderful.

Matter of luck i must say when i reviewed this campaign i DIDNT encounter ANY of those said BUGS.

But a few people have said EAXCTLY the SAME things you just told me ,  crazy_o.gif

I dont know why it happened to some folks , the chopper landed me fine on the hill and i had a chat with the rebel and evac'ed fine.

I didnt get a officer killed error either  rock.gif  [believe i played this mission manytimes]

And int he 4th mission you have to go the designated sites to recon dont wander around away from the objective otherwise the mission will end and yes i saw the BMP and noted it fine nothing wrong then i went to the building where the speech was to be made..nothing wrong then either  rock.gif

Dont know about the 5th mission kinda forgot i think  wink_o.gif  

do you have a higher version than the others?

could just be the campaign's ai benefit of the upgrade

??

rock.gif

I dont know try it from here i reviewed this same one...

Campaigns

smile_o.gif

The only campaign on that page that is similarly named is Samson's War On Terror.

We're talking about the Terror in Malden campaign, by Christian Boutin.

You'll find it about half down this OFP.CZ page.