Sign in to follow this  
rouge1

Did some one say

uhm I doubt that will be working very well. Do you know how to find the window location(s) for every building with scripting without having to place reference objects manually before in the mission editor?

I can't imagine how that should work.

Well for now it's just an Switchmove animation because i need to come up with all the Positions form the open windows...

So for now you can use it in a cutscene wink_o.gif

Well for now it's just an Switchmove animation because i need to come up with all the Positions form the open windows...

So for now you can use it in a cutscene wink_o.gif

well that's what I mean. When someone places a new building on a map it' won't work. You need to find all the position on all buildings. pretty hard work and I think it's not really worth the effort.

How's it going with the safewalk animation & the new standing animation (if you're making one)? And the sprinting? Does it work between different animations etc? Pics, pics smile_o.gif

Actually its quite easy to script window locations, sort of.

The simplest way would be to use the nearestbuilding command with a preloaded array of different building types and with the varying building types you'll have to define the position of each window, (i'd keep it to first floors only).

Since theres under 20 standard Bis buildings with windows its a simple matter of writing a script to check building type and when said type is found to reference the window position of that type within the script.

Example -

?(_buildingtype == housename):goto "housename"

#housename

?(!(_buidingtype == housename):goto "start"

building = buildingname

window1 pos = [(getpos buildingselect 0) + or minus distance,[(getpos buildingselect 1) + or minus distance,[(getpos buildingselect 2) + or minus distance]

window2 pos = [(getpos buildingselect 0) + or minus distance,[(getpos buildingselect 1) + or minus distance,[(getpos buildingselect 2) + or minus distance]

etc..etc..

Then simply script it so when ?(_unit distance _nearestbuilding <=.1) && (_unit distance _window <= 0.75):player adaction ["","youranim.sqs"]

Don't hold me to exact syntax just a demonstration of how to do it.

ok thnxs for the script.

And i am currently working on: An laying down Rocktlauncher anim...

Pic's follow soon.

That isn't a complete scrip but an xample on how to script it.

No problem though.

hey have we given up on the animation im getting tired of the old animation im about to stop playing ofp becuse of the same old look sad_o.gif please help me!!!!

hey have we given up on the animation im getting tired of the old animation im about to stop playing ofp becuse of the same old look sad_o.gif  please help me!!!!

No the project is still in a full GO only some people dident like our anims so we arent showing that many pictures of the anims now...Dont blame me but blame the people who talke bad words about it.

hey have we given up on the animation im getting tired of the old animation im about to stop playing ofp becuse of the same old look sad_o.gif  please help me!!!!

No the project is still in a full GO only some people dident like our anims so we arent showing that many pictures of the anims now...Dont blame me but blame the people who talke bad words about it.

sad_o.gif But they are very nice!

rock.gif I believe ppl only wanted to help you guys make it better... don't be afraid to post pictures and get feed-back.

yea i will post pictures again ( and rouge1 to wink_o.gif )

But @ Ineo:

It was not the part at OFP.info i knew people where helping us but some other people on some chat sites....

But o well soon you get your update smile_o.gif

Sorry about the massive delay in not posting

But i annouce this

I have given up on this Project and from now on i am keeping all Work Private. The reason for this is someone hacked me and stolen all of my Work

Stupid hackers make me angry. mad_o.gif I just hack my own Win2k, no need to touch other peoples computers.