Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Normandy alpha

Wow, looks amazing, im downloading now.

Its on ofp.info now.

DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

EDIT - Tried it out, and this island is amazing! Imo, best WW2 island out there.

Wow,I lived in Normandy for a few years and I can tell u that both countryside and towns (specially countryside) are as realistic as a game can get wow_o.gif

And its still an Alpha 1,really looking forward to get my hands on the final product

some of the forests dont stay with the contours of the hills but i know taht this is a early version overall great map

awesome map. the corn fields however seemed to be akwardly placed... like in the middle of no where... they should be by houses or farms at least.

Nice island, great atmosphere (fields). Just a suggestion: any plans for a airfield (or even a dusty airstrip with some old barracks?). I know it is alpha (great so far), but this island will have a working train (see N-E of island)? Just wondering...anyway, nice work so far.  wink_o.gif

I'm downloading now.

I have all the WW2 addons I need to make a great mission which I'm planning out. I tried the WW2 maldon just out and well the fact that I see a dishwasher in every second building I go in just doesn't impress me. I know I know ...quit complaining.

Problem is if I start and make a decient mission am I screwed when when in a week a new version comes out? lol.

I'm not a master mission maker and when I do one it takes a while.(Picky about the stupidous shit).

From the picts it looks dam good..gonna make one and hopefully a base doesn't end up on top of my start point or something like that..

Thanx (love the beach picture,got me thinkin)

Powerhour

Yep she's a gooder.

Lots of bridges ,nice beach, put a mg42 in those bunkers and that beach is dangerous...

Gotto love it.lol. Flying around in a BAS TH-57 (nice and slow) to check out a WW2 map. dam good game.

Thanx and look forward to the next level.

PowerHour

My god. What's incredible is that the corn fields doesn't lag anything. Will you make so that the enemy don't see you when you are lying down in the corn field?

Hope you use good time on the remaining bits. Great work! biggrin_o.gif

This map is very impressive.  I have but one complaint...  could you please use higher resolution ground textures.  those old cold war crisis textures really dont this map justice....

keep up the excellent work m8 and i cant wait to see the next version.

The map is excellent even for the alpha release I thank him for letting us see his work so far.

I have 1 question tho will there be an airfield? and which 1 (location)

Sweet mother of god! This island is AWESOME.

Just wondering;

-will the trees be changed to resistance trees or will there be two versions out.

-textures on new buidings, bunkers, bridges look too clean and "new". German bunkers often had some form of cammo on them (sometimes even just a very small green striping). The concrete needs to be more dirty and have some cracks in it. Bridges need to be more rusty. And the new village buidings look a bit too purple.

I do know this is an alpha, but these are things that could be improved. I love the map already, though. It's gonna stay on my HD for sure!

For all;

I can recommend to DL the AOmisc addon. It's a Nam addon, but it has three new "combat ambiance" sounds and one is perfect for D-day landings. It's REALLY great.

some of the houses needs to be raised a little bit they are half way in the ground....

but... for a alpha version its very impressive indeed biggrin_o.gif

good job keep up the work

(ps cold war textures are probably used for multiplayer to reduce lag.... just guessing though)

The corn fields don't work for me sad_o.gif

Do I have to have detail or another video option set to a specific value before they will work?

what do you mean with "don't work" (describe the problem, please)?? Have you set your terrain detail to "normal"??

what do you mean with "don't work" (describe the problem, please)?? Have you set your terrain detail to "normal"??

They're not there, at all, all there is is a brown or yellow patch of land where they are supposed to be.

No, my terrian detail is set to low due to the fact that my fps drops very low with some high res addons, like the BAS BlkHwks and the new OpNorthstar Wheeled APCs. I'll set it to normal and see if that works.

eeeeuuuuuuhhhh?rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif??

sorry dude, but those yellow/brown patches are to simulate farmland. They're not all supposed to be corn fields ect. take a chopper and fly around. These are some corn field right around the group of houses in grid gf-25/26. See if you can find them there.