Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Aternative strategies

Sometimes, choosing an alternative strategy can make a mission much easier. For example the Red Hammer mission "Rage". This is the one where you have to destroy things in 3 seperate enemy bases. Pretty tough mission.

... Except when you go to the last base first. And steal a chopper there. Then you can use that chopper to complete your mission. No shilkas to fire back at you. Quite easy.

What other alternative easier strategies do you guys have for other missions?

Hmmmm

In the one mission in resistance where you have to stop a convoy and steal stuff, I put the truck in the road to block the convoy. I hide behind the truck and when it goes off road, I get an open shot and I order my squad to open fire. tounge_o.gif

I remember in Pathfinder (1985 mission where we have to take out 2 shilkas and conquer a town in malden), i managed to grab a svd from a dead russian sniper and ammo from a crate and i covered the platoon while they charge for the second shilka, the LT kept calling me back into formation but i managed to take out all the infantry from the distance, a though mission made easy with a sniper rifle smile_o.gif .

Use the sniper rifle on Pathfinder... have to remember that when I play CWC again... biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

somehow on the wake up call mission i got all three shilkas in one place at once and blew them all up in 2 minutes flat i completed the mission

Yeah, I've always used the sniper rifle in "Pathfinder", it's on the hill across from the hill you start on. There's lots of ammo in the crates too!

My strategy for beating the "Ammo Low" mission was to hide in the hills to the south of the valley (I could find the coordinates if you want 'em). I got to the top of a really tall hill (With a truck loaded with spare RPGs biggrin_o.gif ), and I set up my men in a line overlooking the road. If you get to a high enough point, enemy tanks won't be able to shoot at you wow_o.gif . I then just waited for the convoy to get to the spot beneath me, and then I had everyone kill the drivers of the trucks and then shift fire to soldiers coming out of the trucks. I blew up the BMP and then the T-72, and I drove back to base.

Casualties: 0 (Actually, I beat the entire Resistance campaign with no casualties, and I was playing on Veteran level)

My strategy for beating "Rage" was to play the same way that I play GTAIII: I ran over lots and lots people!!! There's a BRDM perfect for the task in that little town (I could find the coords for you if you want 'em). I just killed everyone in the town, as well as those damn Urals that keep driving through. I squashed people with my BRDM for 10 minutes or so, but after this it looked like Swiss cheese tounge_o.gif . Next, I zoomed over to the third base, sniped the AT soldiers with my HK and RPGed the BMP and Shilka, and drove in squashing even more people. I stole the chopper (192 rockets wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif ), and finished the mission with it.

(...I beat the entire Resistance campaign with no casualties, and I was playing on Veteran level)

Suuuuuuure... wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Yes, and I never used the SAVEGAME cheat (To all you sneaky little cheaters out there biggrin_o.gif ). What do you want as the proof that I beat the campaign with no casualties, my campaign file?!?

Of course, I spent way too much time avoiding casualties (Like a real resistance commander biggrin_o.gif ). I think I did something like 20 retries to beat "Hunting" while sustaining no casualties and shooting down the Mi-17.

Totally beliveable man, I only lost 2 in the campaign and I wasent even trying to avoid casualties

(those two brewed up with a BMP)

Of course, I really had to jump through some hoops to beat "First Strike" while keeping most of the resistance tanks intact and ensuring that my men didn't die.

Totally beliveable man, I only lost 2 in the campaign and I wasent even trying to avoid casualties

(those two brewed up with a BMP)

LMAO. I only lost 41 men in my resistance campaign. It's easy to find out the number...just go to the campaign and click on one of the last missions and look at the stats.

resistance-stats.jpg

41?!? I didn't know that there were that many available soldiers in the campaign tounge_o.gif . Just try playing Resistance like a real resistance officer would act: Avoid casualties at all costs!

Just try playing Resistance like a real resistance officer would act: Avoid casualties at all costs!

How about "Complete the missions at all cost" wink_o.gif

During the last few missions I didn't have many men at my disposal, but I got the job done. biggrin_o.gif

But resistance officers don't try to win at any cost, because if they lose too many men than their resistance group will not be able to survive.

The best way to keep your men alive is to scan the enemy territory before sending them in. In almost every mission in Resistance, i ordered my men to hold fire, go prone and stay somewhere on the hill or behind the bushes. When i scanned the area i order them to open fire and to fall back into formation. They were very helpful. smile_o.gif

9.jpg

Big show off! biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Quote[/b] ]I only lost 56 casualties in the whole campaign. Beat that!

I didn't know that there were that many resistance soldiers in the campaign tounge_o.gif .

The best way to keep your men alive is to scan the enemy territory before sending them in. In almost every mission in Resistance, i ordered my men to hold fire, go prone and stay somewhere on the hill or behind the bushes. When i scanned the area i order them to open fire and to fall back into formation. They were very helpful. smile_o.gif

Best way to keep you men alive is to order them to hide in some forest, and do it all yourself wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Best way to keep you men alive is to order them to hide in some forest, and do it all yourself wink_o.gif

Yep, a devotee who quotes straight from the "Rambo's Guide to Warfare" manual.