Sign in to follow this  
madmike

What's the best sound pack to use??

Are there any soundpacks that are as good as (or better) than satchels sound pack was way over a year ago, before resistance came out??

Im starting to remember how annoying the sounds are now and that the guns are way too quiet sad_o.gif

I don't personally think there are, as Dynamic Range had multiple sounds not only for single events but also for events that by default have no sounds at all (e.g. chute flapping on descent, healing at medic, pulling pin from grenades etc). Also the general quality of the sounds Satchel used are hard to beat, even if the M16 and AK effects were a bit weird. You can get Dynamic Range for Resistance and it works fine. You'll just get a 'modified config blah blah subdivision' message if you play MP, but I've never come across anyone who cared about that.

You can get the updated DR here

Thanks for the link, I've been thinking of trying some different soundpack, and Dynamic Range I remember was excellent for the original.

EDIT: OMG, that soundpack sounds great but it hurts the CPU so damn much... chop chop..

I use DR too, but i also used Battlesounds from Munger and the soundpack from Kyllikki. They are good too. There are some other soundpacks out there too (like Battlefield Insane and Advocates Soundpack), but i did not get around to testing them. Most of my players use the first three soundpacks.

That's what I was using until I just got too used to all the same sounds... wanted to try something different. (The Kyllikki pack is excellent though, not changing the config, and not adding serious CPU load)

Does anyone else notice the serious CPU impact the DR soundpack adds? I mean especially when there are a lot of vehicles doing their business.

Thanks for yours replies guys.

A link to the Kyllikki pack would be nice though tounge_o.gif

OFFTOPIC: Anyone else found that resistance is way more CPU intensive?? It seems to take days for me to get onto the main menu from the editor and the settings are not too high.

I like the FDFMOD sounds are these the Kyllikki pack sounds?

OFFTOPIC: Anyone else found that resistance is way more CPU intensive??

How much RAM do you have? For Resistance, 512MB is highly recommended over CWC's previous 256MB suggestion.

Also, search The FAQ for "stutter".