Sign in to follow this  
tankieboy

A-1 skyraider

It's looking good.. smile_o.gif

I'm also on the Nam Pack Air Module team.. and we have a nice Skyraider skin (although Footmunch hasn't seen it yet) but this one would be awesome to include as well biggrin_o.gif

Glad to see you took the reserection of this subject the way I intended you to do so Tigershark.

It needed further input and not to turn into a flame war.

Keep up the great work and once again I can't wait to include this in Nam CAS missions using the fantastic Support Pack by the god known as Snyper.

smile_o.gif

Close up, the texture is much finer than on the original which is good, but the flaking paint could be a bit more prominent; I liked that feature on the old skin. from the 'pit, wing textures are missing, though I guess you know this. the roundels may be a bit too bright.

A carryover from the old skin which I've just noticed, and may not be appropriate (I may be wrong but); the badge on the port side of the ac; isn't that a variation of the SAC badge?

Sorry if I sound negative; I appreciate the effort that you're putting into this project.

But she DOES look better.

Wardog...

-Yeah...know about pilot view skins

-Agree the roundel is too bright.

-Badge is the Air Combat Command badge not SAC on tail.....oh wait...you mean the fist with lightning bolt? Yeah that's from the original...will probably lose that.

-Still needs more weathering and needs to be dirtied up....so I hear ya on the panel scars...however...the original was overdone. I dont want to go overboard.

Thanks for the feedback.

She'll be a beaut when she's finished.

She done yet?

biggrin_o.gif

Guest ####

Excellent work. Some suggestions:

- Change the weapons loadouts, use the M134 miniguns like on your Littlebirds and have Napalm and wille pete bombs instead of the HE.

- Make a resistance version, it would give the resistance side something close to an A10 or SU 25.

- Keep developing this addon, when ofp2 comes out it will fit in nicely.

- Change the weapons loadouts, use the M134 miniguns like on your Littlebirds and have Napalm and wille pete bombs instead of the HE.

- Make a resistance version, it would give the resistance side something close to an A10 or SU 25.

Tigershark is only reskinning. Look for Footmunch's threads to make comments on the actual model or loadouts you'd like to see.

4. I wont be changing the model, adding weaponry, or anything like that. I just love this plane so much I wanted to see a nice reskin of it to bring Foot's model to a cosmetically accurate model.

Looking very nice smile_o.gif

BTW: Something that bugs me on a lot of planes in OFP, arent bombs\fuel tanks too white? I mean,no scratches, oil stains or what have u?

Looking very nice  smile_o.gif

BTW: Something that bugs me on a lot of planes in OFP, arent bombs\fuel tanks too white? I mean,no scratches, oil stains or what have u?

Rgr that...will dirty them up some

Sorry about the pic size Hellfish sad_o.gif

I'm crossing my fingers that someday, someone will make a good fixed-wing pilot model, oxygen mask and all. The standard BIS guy just doesn't do this plane (or many other planes, for that matter) justice.

I'm crossing my fingers that someday, someone will make a good fixed-wing pilot model, oxygen mask and all. The standard BIS guy just doesn't do this plane (or many other planes, for that matter) justice.

couldn't say it better

Yes! I am not the only one! tounge_o.gif

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/users....ex2.jpg

Looks great, but near 150kb. Just changed it to a URL.

Looking very good!

About the pilot, I got to agree. HKs were never used in 'nam, so the standard pilot is right out. It will probably be a very, very long time before we see a dedicated Spad pilot, so at least the present one could be given a pistol

All it will need is something in the config to take the standard weapon off him and add the sidearm.

Great paintjob! And good suggestion about the stained ordnance, btw. Ok, VERY minor detail; the pattern of the soot stripes coming from the exhausts look kinda weird to me.

Shouldnt they follow the pattern of airflow over the wing, instead of into the wing halfway, like they are now?

The airplanes i have flown had just a wee bit smaller exhausts so i cant tell from own experience wink_o.gif