Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

Stalingrad island released

the maps great but my poor athalon 800 can't handle that many objects.

I think it's time for an upgrade as a lot of maps/addons coming out are just laggin me out. sad_o.gif

I got a pentium 4 2.56 and this island lagged me out, looks nice but wayyy too many objects.

He should make it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY smaller - seeing as how everything looks the same.

the maps great but my poor athalon 800 can't handle that many objects.

I think it's time for an upgrade as a lot of maps/addons coming out are just laggin me out.  sad_o.gif

Tyler Friddle released a newer smaller update/version of it wich you can download HERE  smile_o.gif

At the moment that island is unplayable load of .........! If he spends next couple of months actually doing something and working on it every spare minute of his time it might turn into a decent island, but so far F-!!!!! crazy_o.gif

This is will be a really nice island when some issues are corrected:

1-It could be smaller (theres loads of empty space)

2-Since most buildings are non enterable maybe some of them could be "toned down" to use less polygons?

3-The rubble in ground floats in air when a tank passes over them

4-The airfield nees some sort of support buildings

5-Sacrifice atmosphere and realism for LESS OBJECTS! No current pc will ever play this map with a decent framerate as it is sad_o.gif

with this said: I relly like the potential of this island

Ill dload low version now smile_o.gif

It's really nice, but as said before, it's Stalingrad, not Hiroshima crazy_o.gif

Otherwise, its really nice. But it needs a more accurate citylike design with roads and maybe real landmarks from the city. Also, there are too many farm buildings and stuff in the southern farm part of the map. Also, a lot of the buildings need to have mass added to their geometry lod, most buildings and objects currently can be walked right through.

Nice work though smile_o.gif

if you made this island like the spearhead island small but with many objects it would be great but like said already way to much space and way to many objects it a great island but with just flying my skyraider it lags all to hell

Pretty interesting project but got me confused.

1). Even lags as hell on my computer (Athlon Classic 1GHz) - no matter which version I choose

2). I wasn't able to find the train sad_o.gif

3). The city is... huge... IMHO far too huge and I didn't noticed any roadways

I'll check out this new small island anyways...

I think with some work, this could become one of my favorites. (LOVE urban warfare!) Things that IMHO could change/imrove the map:

1. As others said, less objects.. for the obvious reasons.

2. Snip some off the map. If it is gonna be dense urban, less area will by default, mean less objects.

3. Flip Flop the sides, so the Southern part is representing the Western side of the Volga. The Hills from the riverbank on this side seem more inline from photos and accounts I've read of the fighting there. (imagine this would be more trouble than worth... but if you can change the height map to mirror the southern bank?)

4. Add some factory complexes. Barricades plant, Red October, etc. Would make it all the more "Stalingradish" smile_o.gif

5. Some buildings that are still intact (Or semi intact). So you can get on 2nd/3rd floors

6. Not sure if they are supposed to be framing from destroyed buildings, but remove some of those Wire girder looking objects. Since you can walk through them anyway, they aren't doing much at present. (IMO, they look somewhat odd having that many of them lying about... more so since I'm not sure what exactly they are.) (Again, this helps with #1)

REALLY looking forward to seeing this map mature. WW2 has always been the conflict that interested me most, and the Eastern Front was always my theater of choice in gaming.

Quote[/b] ]Tyler friddle has released an newer smaller update/version wich is more cpu friendly if you are having problems with it. He is also working on a train. Download the update below!

In order to get these to work you'll need to download the first version stalingrad pack. A more efficent and accurate map of stalingrad is in development, but until then you might want to try these. One thing you might try if you are still having problems is placing all the Stalingrad addons in one folder and running it as a mod. Hope this helps -=V=-

This is merely the beginning…Later versions will grow to include a more structured and accurate portrayal of Stalingrad, along with a whole new set of custom buildings that are even easier on your cpu. If you are interested in helping with future versions or just want to express your joy/sadness email me at tylerfriddle@landon.net, or on the weekends at tylerfriddle@yahoo.com I am also in desperate need of anyone who knows how to make custom animations, please contact me immediately!

Also included is a revised Halo guy, I havnt tested it and did it in about 2 minutes. The update shouldn’t explode now when it hits the ground, but back up your original just in case.

small update

update

I think the size of the island kinda makes it dull. Like everyone else said, try making it smaller, and more intimate, i get lost just looking at the city, there are wayyyyyyyyyyy too many buildings.

And get it away from the side of the map!!! i hate the 'drop off the end of the world' thing, gives me the irrits tounge_o.gif  rock.gif

[HC]Lis

Hell's Circus - Download MeeKong Delta & Spearhead44 smile_o.gif

At the moment that island is unplayable load of .........! If he spends next couple of months actually doing something and working on it every spare minute of his time it might turn into a decent island, but so far F-!!!!!  crazy_o.gif

AC, you've been making far too many unhelpful criticisms of people's addons lately. Consider yourself warned - if you want to point out flaws in an addon, do it in a constructive way or don't do it at all. mad_o.gif

What wasn't constructive about my comment?

I said that for that map to be good its author should spend more time on it!

You were pretty vague about what he should improve, and you don´t have to be rude, it probably took a long time and a lot of work to make it as it is now.

Well, what you said can be summed up into 4 words: It sucks, work harder

Tell him what it is that sucks and what to work harder on.

My own opinion is that there should be more unique locations in the city. Now it just looks like he made a square with destroyed buildings and copied it over and over again.

And the buildings just kinda falls over if you hit them too hard.

I was not being rude! I just stated my opinion about the addon! What is wrong about that?

Sure AC, calling someone's map a "load of __" is not rude right?

crazy_o.gif

Where I come from we call that rude. That kind of stuff is what makes map makers and addon makers quit.

Personally I love this map. It is very different then anything else out there and has many unique objects and areas.

Yes it lags badly and could be much smaller, but overall it's a great effort. I think the map maker will eventually make a smaller version of it if we encourage him nicely to do so because I think overall this map deserves alot of praise.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I believe TF mentions that he will be working on detailing the city more; eg making it conform to actual maps of Stalingrad. That's definitely the way to go; at present the whole lacks character, but it does have potential.

One thing I noticed is that the buildings seem to be scaled just a wee bit too small. Perhaps increasing the size about another 20% on the ruins would be about right.

At the moment I dont like the way those buidlings are placed. They seem somewhat un-organised. I think having a more structured layout with some roads would help aswell as some other small detail objects to make it more realistic for the player on the ground.

I also found that when firing a TOW a building about 5 different buidlings just fall over on its side which looks abously pathetic.

The south half of the map seems better with the nice train track although to many buildings at the side. Has great potential if done properly and not rushed. smile_o.gif

At the moment that island is unplayable load of .........! If he spends next couple of months actually doing something and working on it every spare minute of his time it might turn into a decent island, but so far F-!!!!!  crazy_o.gif

Well i think the map is very good, Never saw such good map for OFP and its not lagging at all. (P4 3,0 GHZ wink_o.gif

To Antichrist:

Do you know how much work an addonmaker put in to it. People like you are trying to ruin the community wich i dont like, thats why the community is shrinking that is coming to people like you who has never made an addon bah bah  mad_o.gif

Ps: You changed the post, thats show how low you are.

People likes Antichrist should be banned forever

wink_o.gifwink_o.gif