Sign in to follow this  
lpdotcom

Hawk's c130

Hawk's C-130 was and is a quality addon, but it's handling was a touch on the heavy side. Has this been fixed and released by anyone?

A Leaked version has been released but not final product so be warned:

Quote[/b] ]C-130 Hercules by Hawk is NON PUBLIC BETA !!! UPDATE !!! UPDATE !!! UPDATE !!! 12. 7. 2003, 14:04:07

fighter

I recieved e-mail from great Polish addonmaker HAWK. He wrote that the last version of his great addon C-130 Hercules (in green and grey camouflage) was NON PUBLIC BETA. It is here original text of Hawk's e-mail:

I don't relase this version it was mistake when file was uploaded on server and was overwrite by beta version that was shared for cooperant - FURIA (file what you download is BETA!!!). If you can make news about it on ofp.info I will be thanks for you beacouse addon is under construction and have much bugs and not all functions are finished and tested )

HAWK

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Please read closely !!!

- I post news about new C-130 at 06.07.2003, 03:41:43 CET.

- I recieved e-mail from HAWK at 08.07.2003, 15:07 CET !!!

- Text in the Readme of this addon:This addon and all scripts was created by HAWK from EC GROUP ,textures and some sounds are from MFS. thanks to FURIA (real pilot-betatester)

VER 1.15 addon is updated still and you can dawnload it from http://flashpoint.vgry.net/siteadmin/hawk/hwk_c130.zip

Download here

Quote[/b] ]Info take from OfP.InFo

Before I download it can anyone tell me if it is still too difficult for the AI to turn (in the air relatively quickly?).

Nope it's flys like an charm now so be sure to check it out and the sound loudnes is fixed, and some scripts and bugs so just check it out.

if you say so, its handling is still too slow compared to an unreleased beta which was spot on... and before anyone says it, no i dont expect it to fly like a bloody fighter!

Someone actually did earlier, but they refused to release it because they did not have permission from Hawk. It was on the original thread on the HAWK C130 in the Addons complete: section of the forum.

I wish they would release it as I think Hawk either gave up on it or just put it on the backburner kinda like Kodyak did with his An-124 (another great addon in OLOD format that needs custom landing gear animations and cargo door animations to be perfect). Hawk actually made a fixed version of the AN-124 Condor, but he screwed up the handling in the process.

But right now I think having a good manueverable C130 is much more important. If anyone doubts the maneuverability of the C130 (like the turning radius) simply look on the web for videos of the AC130 in action. They fly VERY tight circles around their targets.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Someone actually did earlier, but they refused to release it because they did not have permission from Hawk.   It was on the original thread on the HAWK C130 in the Addons complete: section of the forum.  

I wish they would release it as I think Hawk either gave up on it or just put it on the backburner kinda like Kodyak did with his An-124 (another great addon in OLOD format that needs custom landing gear animations and cargo door animations to be perfect).   Hawk actually made a fixed version of the AN-124 Condor, but he screwed up the handling in the process.

But right now I think having a good manueverable C130 is much more important.  If anyone doubts the maneuverability of the C130 (like the turning radius) simply look on the web for videos of the AC130 in action.  They fly VERY tight circles around their targets.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

A tight handling one was what I was after. But there is no way of getting hold of it?

If anyone doubts the maneuverability of the C130 (like the turning radius) simply look on the web for videos of the AC130 in action.  They fly VERY tight circles around their targets.  

I don't doubt that they can fly fairly tight circles, but I'm under the impression that when Gunships attack a target, they fly 4000ft horizontally away, at an altitude of 3000ft from their target (direct line of fire of a distance of 5000ft) and circle around it with a diameter of 10000ft ,using little more than rudder and a little bit back on the stick to maintan the turn, all whilist keeping the guns on target. Not exactly a high g monouvre for any aircraft, Even a Hercules. rock.gif

It is a little unclear from the post above whether this "leaked" addon has been released with or without the authors consent, can someone please clarify, or I will have to lock this thread...

The point was: HAWK was going to update his C130 to an new BETA version that was only for the Beta tester's and he renamed to public zip to it and....The next time some one sended it to all the news sites and....You now the Drill....So Yes it's leaked: So yes yuo ened to close this one. smile_o.gif