Sign in to follow this  
partieboi

Textures

in o.pbo there are the resistance addons too.

in eden.pbo is only the map and the texturen and the vehilces/bulidings are in data3d and data

check  wink_o.gif ?

I was'nt including them, the textures alone weigh in at 50MB (which is why I refered to 'five times')...

Check wink_o.gif? , tounge_o.gif ...

Res has it's own data/data3d files as well as having them in O.pbo sad_o.gif ...

O.pbo complete is 170MB, not a complete map file using O.pbo textures smile_o.gif . I don't understand why Eden is less than 10MB (or why noe does'nt contain it's own textures like eden/cain/abel), does the resolution make that much difference? (five times! rock.gif )...

The only solution is to use the textures as they were made to be. As long as you use snow with only s2 there is no problem (well I don't get one wink_o.gif ). Use b1 as the grass that is next to the beach (I use it beacause it looks patchy/sandy anyway, I did'nt know there was a problem, it just looked right). I use l1 only as a variable for s2 so I have no problem there either...

Quote[/b] ]The filename is formed out of the 4 corners of the square. So That would be simply t1 in the bottom left and right, ps in top left and right. Or the other way around... heh. So it is what it is and you can't go changing it and making it be the same as in O.pbo.

I was hoping visitor would 'auto~add' a t1/pt variant (not transitional) instead of leaving a void. I had no intention of changing anything...

You could physicaly add a t1~pt texture anywhere there's a t1~ps 'hole' if visitor does'nt do it automaticaly...

Resolution.

128x128 is about 11k as a paa file

512x512 is about 171k as a paa file.

16 times the resolution = 16 times the file size.

Quit complaining wink_o.gif ....I had to make all my blends by hand. Which at the end of the day I'm happier about, because they are better than the blends Visitor makes (it just takes a couple of months longer)  biggrin_o.gif

ok nm about the fog, i can see enough 2 work with so its ok tnx 4 ur help anyway guys