Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Russian apc pack

Weird... For me it works using the exact same add-ons. Highly suspicious...

EDIT: Just to make sure, you DID update the .PBO with the files in the archive right?

Weird... For me it works using the exact same add-ons. Highly suspicious...

EDIT: Just to make sure, you DID update the .PBO with the files in the archive right?

No the VITAPC_Fix .ra file is a pbo file only. Due to the name I thought it is the fixed version? Never had the old one.

Is there more than 1 file in this download? Then I am getting something wrong here?

For me the VITAPC_FIX.RAR contains:

config.cpp

VITZU23Gunner.rtm

readme.txt

Just get the VITAPC pack, then unpbo it. Then replace the original config.cpp with the new one. Then replace the file called "ZU23Gunner.rtm" (should be in the "anims" sub.dir.) with the new "VITZU23Gunner.rtm" Then compress it back to pbo. And play your heart out smile_o.gif

I just get a rar file called "DMK APC BETA09.rar"

What do I do with this??? theres no installation instructions mad_o.gif

lol.... rolleyes.gif

For me the VITAPC_FIX.RAR  contains:

config.cpp

VITZU23Gunner.rtm

readme.txt

Just get the VITAPC pack, then unpbo it. Then replace the original config.cpp with the new one. Then replace the file called "ZU23Gunner.rtm" (should be in the "anims" sub.dir.) with the new "VITZU23Gunner.rtm" Then compress it back to pbo. And play your heart out smile_o.gif

Seems to be a problem of my unpack program!

Still trying to find things out...

Otherwise I love this pack!

Solid work!

I was thinking about a solution for the outside proxies and found out what the RHS team does in another thread:

Well it only works if the maker of the addon gave it the extra cargo proxies on the roof or werever they should sit... on our tanks the cargo can only get on if its in safe mode...

What happens when they make contact will they disembark? When the tank is manned by a player are the outside positions only open when the player is turned out?

Sounds like a good idea to me! (the save mode thing) blues.gif

The  soldiers will disembark if they're shot at, if the tank goes to aware or if it shoots. If ur commander then u have to turn out to let ppl sit.

In your BTR there is no turn out action (becuse it is like a car?) but maybe there is still a solution with the save mode?

Another small thing: There are crosshairs on most of the ironsight views even with crosshairs switcht off in options. It would be nice if you could choose to switch it off.

lol.... rolleyes.gif

What's funnys about that?

The reason why I am confused is cus I havent seen rar files used in flashpoint before and beta08 had PBO's.

Also ive only just started playing this game again after a years break from it crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What do I do with this??? theres no installation instructions

just unpack it in any directory and move "vitapc.pbo" to your

OFP/addon  or OFP/res/addon  folder :-)

You will find all new units under EAST/VITAPC in editor.

Guest DKM-jaguar
The thread says it's AKM74's and DKM's work. So why is the PBO filename prefixed with VIT? rock.gif

Also, no sample missions and even a readme file is not included. sad_o.gif

OK OK...

missions I made are sitting on my desktop without breifings, cutscenes but they basically function. If anyone wants to finish them off then they are welcome to. I have no webspace to put them so if anyone has any ideas...

Why doesn't a great addon team like yours put out a wanted add for quality mission makers to join the team? rock.gif

....thanks alot, I'm sure that i am not offened by this in anyway...

oh wait, yeah i am.

Might be becuase you've seen nothing of my work yet you already want someone else to do it.

Thanks so much, this is whyi LOVE the ofp community.

[/immense sarcasm]

BTW: i am going to finish the missions myself, all i need to do is learn breifings. Anyone want to help me in this task (i know nothing about them, what with only being a mission maker for a few months) then please smile_o.gif

what do you do in dkm jaguar   ?? just out of pure curiosity smile_o.gif

Apparently he gripes after someone compliments his team's skills or tries to offer constructive criticism.

biggrin_o.gif

It's laughable you think that telling them to get someone better can be read as 'constructive' (especially when you dont know what i can do..... i feel tempted to ask you what would be a 'better' mission maker, and how you judge better against an unkown skill level.).

BTW: blackdog, better keep your opinions of me to yourself, i am not interrested in them and it's just "flamebaiting".

I'm not going to mention it again, you are driving this off-topic and that's not something i will be held responsible for.

Fixed it!

Now it works in FDF too!

Took me a while....

Thanx for the help GoOB!

The thread says it's AKM74's and DKM's work. So why is the PBO filename prefixed with VIT? rock.gif

Also, no sample missions and even a readme file is not included. sad_o.gif

OK OK...

missions I made are sitting on my desktop without breifings, cutscenes but they basically function. If anyone wants to finish them off then they are welcome to. I have no webspace to put them so if anyone has any ideas...

Why doesn't a great addon team like yours put out a wanted add for quality mission makers to join the team? rock.gif

....thanks alot, I'm sure that i am not offened by this in anyway...

oh wait, yeah i am.

Might be becuase you've seen nothing of my work yet you already want someone else to do it.

Thanks so much, this is whyi LOVE the ofp community.

[/immense sarcasm]

BTW: i am going to finish the missions myself, all i need to do is learn breifings. Anyone want to help me in this task (i know nothing about them, what with only being a mission maker for a few months) then please smile_o.gif

what do you do in dkm jaguar   ?? just out of pure curiosity smile_o.gif

Apparently he gripes after someone compliments his team's skills or tries to offer constructive criticism.

biggrin_o.gif

It's laughable you think that telling them to get osmeone better can be read as 'constructive' (especially when you dont know what i can do.....).

BTW: blackdog, better keep your opinions of me to yourself, i am not interrested in them and it's just "flamebaiting".

Obviously, my English is impossible to understand. So I'll explain. I said:

Quote[/b] ]Why doesn't a great addon team like yours

Surely that is a compliment?

Quote[/b] ]put out a wanted add for quality mission makers to join the team?

I was not referring to you ability or inability to produce outstanding missions. I was referring to your statement:

Quote[/b] ]missions I made are sitting on my desktop without breifings, cutscenes but they basically function. If anyone wants to finish them off then they are welcome to.

The implication is you're too busy or uninterested to make these. All I did was suggest that DKMM take someone on permanently in that capacity.

Fact is, other than a single typerating mission that DKMM put out for DKMM's Comanche and MI28 addons, for example, nothing else was provided by the team.

Hence my suggestion is constructive, not offensive and potentially beneficial to the team and to the player community.

Quote[/b] ]What do I do with this??? theres no installation instructions

just unpack it in any directory and move "vitapc.pbo" to your

OFP/addon  or OFP/res/addon  folder :-)

You will find all new units under EAST/VITAPC in editor.

Theres the problem, it wont unpack, if I double click on it I have to choose a program to open it with.

Could this be because I downloaded it with getright? Its not a one off either, it happened everytime i have downloaded beta09

Theres the problem, it wont unpack

You need to install a program that unpack RAR files. I suggest WinACE or WinRAR.

Fixed it!

Now it works in FDF too!

Took me a while....

Thanx for the help GoOB!

No problem man I am happy to help.

And I hope that when this pack is released as a final we will see many demo missions included in the pack.

By the way Jaguar, if you are having troubles with briefings/overviews just unPBO a custom mission with a briefing (preferrably you should have permission from the original mission maker) and fool around with that HTML document in notepad. And just experiment. And if you need any form of support just search for "HTML code" on Google. That is what I did for my first "real" mission. And it has a fully functional briefing with surveilance pictures, recon notes, personal notes, marker refs. it is not that hard once you put one big effort into learning it. Sorry to the mods for this OT bit smile_o.gif

Just a little question smile_o.gif

when i order the squad get in the back of btr80, and they seat by starting from outside the btr80.  Should it be changed in the future release? (safety reason biggrin_o.gif )

Dunno if this is a bug or not, but when the arena sytem activates,you loose command of the vechicle....anyone have this problem?....may just be the sound files lagging the game,but when the system shuts down due to a "non-threat" situation ...all is fine???

try this again...hehe.............is it supposed to work this way rock.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

when i order the squad get in the back of btr80, and they seat by starting from outside the btr80.  Should it be changed in the future release? (safety reason biggrin_o.gif )

Beleive it or not, it's safer on the top that inside. Any miines will create a shrapnel barrage inside the vehicle, so that when you open the door to check every one inside is ok... a red sludge will run out tounge_o.gif

No, seriously, there's more than twice as much protection on top than inside.

Beleive it or not, it's safer on the top that inside.

And believe it, it works!

itworks.jpg

itworks2.jpg

2 times tested, 2 times survived.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Beleive it or not, it's safer on the top that inside. Any miines will create a shrapnel barrage inside the vehicle, so that when you open the door to check every one inside is ok... a red sludge will run out  tounge_o.gif

No, seriously, there's more than twice as much protection on top than inside.

I'm not worrying about AI, i'm worrying about the human in multiplayers game. there are many scary sharpshooters biggrin_o.gif

It seems no one else reported this before:

with v0.9 the addon does not work anymore on dedicated servers (or at least 1.92/1.93b linux dedicated servers wink_o.gif ). The warning you get as a player (missing addon vit_bdm3) will cause the server to abort the mission, even missions where no bdm is present. For now i downgraded the server version back to 0.8 so we can play again, but i guess this will cause problems when the new features of 0.9 will get used in a mission (the clients, including our mission maker, still use 0.9). Could you please fix this in the next version? The bug was not present in 0.8. It seems to be a wrong addon dependency inside the addon.

In which folder do you have it? Try loading it from a modfolder please and tell me if it works.