Sign in to follow this  
subfaction

Spearhead44 by [hc]para ww2 map - absolute class

OHH my GOD!

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/s44.html

That Spearhead ww2 map is genius, i cant belive that this hasnt been given a huge release yet!!!

Best map i have ever seen, such a large amount of work must have gone into such a small area. But it shows. Bloody good work guys.

Can't wait to create some missions for that.

If only everyone put that much detail and time into other maps, just imagine the posibilities. fantastic!

anyone who hasnt seen it and likes ofp should try it immediatly!

PS. sorry if this has all been said before an i missed it ;)

.sub

Looks very nice indeed unclesam.gif

But goddamn his website is slooooooooooooow.. zzz..

DLspeed at 890BYTES per second sad_o.gif

Wow, this map has some quite nice urban areas, I just don't like how its split up into two really small island. Nevertheless it's pretty good.

Not slow for us Aussies (Australians) and Kiwies (New Zealanders)

True..... my download is cranking! smile_o.gif

odd it runs fine on my system, to speed downloading i used getright it found some mirrors ad grabed the file pretty quickly.

argg, im trying to download it again so i can play it at work, but the authors site keeps finishing the download too early, and leaving me with a corrupted file.

does anyone have another mirror?

This is an excelent development.  smile_o.gif

I thought of it before and once made a suggestion at the inv1944 forum's about making smaller ,as i caled it "close combat" maps for Ofp. Ofp has great potential with it's capacity to have map's of 100 square kilometer's withought much lag if you place few object's on it ,yet it doesn't mean that all this space has to be used.You could also make much smaller maps wich depict the battle for one town ,city ,or certain known spot and make use of the smaller size to add more detail and building's to the map.In Ofp in Multiplayer one can not really play with enough player's to cover the full 100 quare kilometers size ,and multiplayer mission's that have many far laying objective's really havn't got many people at one point in battle at once in the game.

If you build small sized Ofp map's to depict one city ,you'll have a map that looks more like Day of defeat or Mohaa ,yet it will still probably be somewhat bigger than in those games ,and there isn't really a limit to size of maps in OFP. The advantages are that you can thus add more detail to the town due to performance increase of smaller map ,and that the creation time of the map will be decreased since the map maker hasn't got to map virtually unused space ,and thus more such maps can be constructed.And another advantage is probably that in mp more players will be able to enter the same server for that map since the map ask's less performance.

The disatvantages are that smaller maps allow less space to use or flank ,that using plane's on such map's is virtually impossible ,and that the map can't be used for much more than the battle that it depict's.

No i don't say modmakers should stop making big maps ,only i'm saying that Smaller map's could be produced in greater number and thus may be very interresting to work on to.

In this sense ,i find it strange that nobody yet has come to the idea to build a 200 on 500 meter's beach map of an known Normandy landing site ,to pack it full with object's etc ,have it played by a big number of human players in Ofp.It will be like DoD or Mohaa map's ,but only much bigger.You could make it very detailed ,yet have it finished in a relative short time.

I sincerely hope that this will become a popular idea among mapmakers.

And may i advice good mapmapkers to have a look at a game called close combat III ,IV of V (i'm sure most will know those games) ,im sure you can find some great map's you can use as model for small-size WWII ofp map's.

This must be one of the greatest maps available (said the same to Zafana...and will do again when BAS releases their Lost Island Thingie biggrin_o.gif )....i love it !!

I was pleasantly suprised by this island. It's a blast on MP. So much interesting terrain, so many places to hide in such a small area. smile_o.gif

Jesus christ...

This map = BEST FUCKIN' MAP FOR FLASHPOINT... EVER!!!

Only problem is... the lag. It lags pretty badly  sad_o.gif

My suggestion would be to take all the fences and such off the beachhead. Becuase mission makers can easily place the objects there.

Also where the big radio tower is, maybe if they could remove all the barrels there, because barrels lag like hell. As I said earlier, most of the objects such as barrels and barbed-wire fences can be placed by mission makers if need be. It'd reduce the lag heaps.

It really is a fantastic island but...(there's always a but) please reduce the number of enterable buildings as it lags like hell, but keep the beach defences they are cool.

I want to experiment with small islands. I'm not 100% sure how it works though, but I think if you use a 256 pixel heightmap to make a 'small' (say 128x128 visitor units) island it uses just as much memory as a 256x256(visitor units) sized map would (to memory map the terrain), and will suffer from the same amount of 'object lag' regardless of it's smaller size. It just means the terrain will have a higher 'resolution/detail' per visitor unit...

I'll experiment with some 64x64 pixel h/maps and see if I can cram a load of stuff into a 64x64unit map without it lagging, or whether it's just loads of highface count objects close together that causes it...

Reaally nice map, every detail has been thought out and it´s perfect for MP! smile_o.gif

But please try to make it lag less... sad_o.gif

Howdy All..

I got the island and mp mission..Found the Red Devil British Para troopers but I'm having a hell of a time finding the GST_Pak 36.. I've looked very hard at @war and editing center but man can't find this addon... Can anyone help me out so I can try the MP mission..

Much appreciated.

PowerHour

Howdy All..

I got the island and mp mission..Found the Red Devil British Para troopers but I'm having a hell of a time finding the GST_Pak 36.. I've looked very hard at @war and editing center but man can't find this addon... Can anyone help me out so I can try the MP mission..

Much appreciated.

PowerHour

Try downloading the DigitalGrenade.com addon pack - I believe it was in there..

Thanx for replying BlackDog ..

I DL'd the Digital Grenade addon you mentioned. (I had alot of the addons in the pack already) I read what was in there(couldn't see it) but I installed anyways to no avail.

Help? lol..Dam GST_Pak36

PowerHour

heya, i just googled it and come up with This, pretty sure thats the one, If its not, pm me with ur e-mail and i'll e-mail it to you.

[HC]Lis wink_o.gif