Sign in to follow this  
Dark Knight

New virus must read

log off MSN between 21.00 - 23.00 because of the new "pacman" virus which attack everyone on MSN and steal Passwords, CD-keys, and makes the system unstabel. Send it forward to all on your MSN list cause if it hit one on your list it will attack you

It seems like there has been an increase in attacks by hackers, viruses, and worms recently...

Maybe a connection to something bigger? rock.gif

they just seem to be getting more publicity than they used to

was this real or fake though? as i heard several people saying it was another hoax rock.gif

i got this from a friend so just to let u all know the zone would of been GMT but i havent got any thing so i t could of been a hoax.. better safe then sorry

It seems like there has been an increase in attacks by hackers, viruses, and worms recently...

Maybe a connection to something bigger?  rock.gif

Nope...just kids on their Summer breaks. Happens every year.

Yeah just like the "We are checking if your hotmail account is still active so forward this to 100000 other users" emails .... suuuuure like Microsoft cant tell that by looking at login dates. I wouldnt get my panties in a twist over this gentlemen smile_o.gif

Never believe a virus warning without a link to one of the official internet security sites. Everyone can tell bs like "THEY[TM] will delete your harddrive if play ofp between march and october this year." If the thread is real then there will be warning on security mailing lists and sites.

I just realized this, but the exact thing happened to AIM users. Someone got an email saying that AOL wold delete all dormat accounts, and to forward this message to 10 friends through an AIM messge.

Nothing happened to me... I stayed on all evening (yes, the right timezone) and nothing seemed to be going wrong. I ignored the warning the first time anyway. Simple logic...I don't anybody would actually know a virus going to attack before it has actually attacked...unless it's some crazy hacker who goes "Hi, at 22-23:00 CET I will release a virus. Goodbye."

tbh wat would u rather have a warning or the desaster.. no matter wat way u see it u will still be unhappy ether coz it was a warning for nothing or coz u were never informed

i take any thing like this seriously as u never no when the big one will hit

I get my warning from sources that are trustworthy, false warnings help noone. One should take such things seriously. But only the exisiting ones, not the imagined ones.