Sign in to follow this  
waffendennis

Halo unit and lenox battleship

Coolie joelie check this out:

Quote[/b] ]TYLER FRIDDLE sent us an email that he has released his goodlooking Halo unit and his new great USS LENOX Battleship its a simple modification of the fast attack boat (or pauk class destroyer). The primary difference is its bigger, has more guns, and has a more wwII battleship feel. He released also some screens of his upcoming Stalingrad map! This is what he has to say:

It has come to my attention that there are some confusions about my halo unit that need to be cleared up. Many believe the halo guy in the picture is playing an animation, he is not. In fact, it is the vit_spitfire_mkII with all its faces removed and a model placed in the center. This however does not mean the unit is not worth the download, quite the contrary. For the more skilled group –those who understand map anim- you might want to use the ghost unit (also included) and map out its animation. For the more regular user the unit provides what never before existed, a HALO unit.

As for the Stalingrad map, I’m considering collaborating with various other mods or freelance addon/map makers to make it more realistic and factual. Right now the map is incredibly fun if playing from the soldiers point of view, but not as impressive from the air. The primary reason for this is I hate visitor and have not figured out a way -other than clever employment of oxygen, wrpbuddy and wrpedit- to do mass constructions like maps.

In addition, there are a couple crazy comments I have gotten that need to be addressed. Some doubting that the map will actually run (and if so with huge lag), some say it will crash your computer, others that the lods won’t work, still others claim I stole the models from battlefield 1942 and some even claim that I have built all of my screenshots from scratch using Photoshop. I assure you, all of these fears and accusations are completely unwarranted. Big maps are possible in OFP and so is a lot more…

Download here

Quote[/b] ]Coolie joelie

O no its a Chin Sjan Fan wait how did i know tounge_o.gif

Yea how do you know Papabeer tounge_o.gif

Um.. ok.. weird..

The HALO unit flies just like an airplane  rock.gif

lol thats not good....could you take the HALO guy model and make a normal soldier out of it? it looks cool

Um.. ok.. weird..

The HALO unit flies just like an airplane  rock.gif

Maybe because the model is based on the MK 2 Spitfire model wink_o.gif

I wish Tyler would just concentrate on getting his Stalingrad map out ASAP, I want to make some nice sniper duel missions!!

Quote[/b] ]The HALO unit flies just like an airplane

The addon maker has ,in his readme ,clearly noted that you have to set feul to 0 .It's indeed a plane with a halo soldier model.The advantage of this is that you can control youre decent and land on the spot that you want.Though afcourse fuel has to be set to 0 so that you cant fly away ,only float in a direction.

Though it clearly needs practice to hit the right spot.It's fun though.

Quote[/b] ]The HALO unit flies just like an airplane

The addon maker has ,in his readme ,clearly noted that you have to set feul to 0 .It's indeed a plane with a halo soldier model.The advantage of this is that you can control youre decent and land on the spot that you want.Though afcourse fuel has to be set to 0 so that you cant fly away ,only float in a direction.

Though it clearly needs practice to hit the right spot.It's fun though.

Yea but if you hit the ground you get damage or the (plane)Unit blows up..

Quote[/b] ]Yea but if you hit the ground you get damage or the (plane)Unit blows up..

yea i noticed.

this has it's disatvantage though.the best way to land on the spot you want is fly towards it and when youre near it slow down youre speed so that you come at 0 speed when youre right above youre desired spot. (currently trying to land on a carrier like this)

The disadvantage to this is when you leave youre plane thus parachute open ,if you are at speed 0 the plane will drop almost straith down and explode ,and thus could thus be used as a bomb.

You should try to script it so that when you leave the the plane then that plane doesn't exist anymore ,i think that is not to hard to script.

So... From what I'm hearing, the thing just drops to the ground? If thats the case, whats the point?

Cant the damage be removed in the script?(to stop it expolding?). The geometry LOD would have to be removed in O2 then, or there would be an invisible spitfire laying around that you could'nt walk through!...

Why not just model a box with a pilot space (proxy?) in it?, with no gemetry LOD, and use a planes (modified) config so it has the actions of a plane? You could add weight to it so it does'nt glide up and down so much, just prevents the rate of decent a bit?. The possibilities are there, it's a damn good idea!...

Not all that surprising considering the original post is 14 years old. If there's a particular addon or mod you're interested in, and it's no longer available from the original source then make a request here. It's no guarantee of success, but it's better than posting in inactive threads. :smile_o:

On 1/16/2017 at 8:42 PM, Macser said:

Not all that surprising considering the original post is 14 years old. If there's a particular addon or mod you're interested in, and it's no longer available from the original source then make a request here. It's no guarantee of success, but it's better than posting in inactive threads. :smile_o:

k thx!