Sign in to follow this  
SWIFT88

Warrior ifv

Here is my warrior ifv, the textures at the moment are been done by GalcomT, but the wheel textures are from marfy...... Ive pointed out that i may change them, on the basis that marfy may not let me use them.........

warrior11.JPG

LOL, because galcomt is sorting the textures out, by removing non-essential parts...... like the air filters used in desert storm and a few other bits

WOW, A warrior.I wonder when those British unit will be rolling out onto the field.I remember when I had a Warrior.But thats beside the point.

to nzxshadows, do you have interior pictures by any chance?rock.gif

cheers mate......... ive actually got some but thought some more would come in useful.............

I'm glad to see that his Warrior has the heavier RPG-proof armored panels on the sides. It's probably DU panels like on the Bradley IFV, but whatever it is, you see those versions all over the place in Iraq and they are easy to distinguish from the more lightly armored versions used during the first Gulf War.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

warrior42.JPG

errrm pictures speak louder than words........................

They sure do.Your doing a nice job on the warrior.I never finished mine as you can see.But keep up the good work.

war1.jpg

Guest DKM-jaguar
AKM74 one is going to be way better!  wink_o.gif

1: It's called the DKM one, AKM74 is a DKM member now..

2: no one likes to see such comments made. Swift's will probably be out first, and you should be happy there are warriors being made. This is too much of a put down.

In the later stages of Operation Desert Shield the Warriors were uparmored  in preparation for Operation Desert Storm (Operation Desert Sabre).  Also, the CIPs did not exist during that time and therefore would not be appropriate for SWIFT88's Warrior.

time will tell.......ps. cheers jaguar (m9ace ill have a word with quaker bout the model...........)

AKM74 one is going to be way better!  wink_o.gif

1: It's called the DKM one, AKM74 is a DKM member now..

2: no one likes to see such comments made.

Well, considering he was starting this project before he was in DKM, it is alright in my view to say AKM74. Plus, it's his textures and DKM didn't do anything (correct me if I'm wrong) for the recent APC pack besides do arena scripting (not saying that is an at all easy task, I would like to say good job to you, Rastaovitch...)

PS... Carnage even said it was AKM74's APC Pack. Look at the news post on your site:

Quote[/b] ]AKM74 finished upgrading his excellent BMP3's BMD's and BTR80 plus the ZU23's, so instead of letting you wait we opted to release those in a separate beta.

In the meantime we will continue working on a full APC pack, which will hold even more vehicles at release time.

Looking really good Swift!!

-Will you animate the back doors?

-Could you make one version with loads of kit lashed on and a 'clean' version?

Keep going Swift, all the Brits on here will love you if you nail this one!

Looking very nice Swift...don't let anyone tell you otherwise. wink_o.gif

P.S. Please please please do a woodland version as well smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Good work

buuuuuttt

http://www.photos.mod.uk/lowres/45142/45142204.jpg

Only one door, not two

A closed door view can be found here

http://www.photos.mod.uk/lowres/45108/45108830.jpg

Hi-res versions can be seen at the DFPL here

http://www.photos.mod.uk

(registration required for the Hi-res pictures)

There are three variants of the Warrior.

the prototypes and early production models had the double door:

mcv80p6_00.jpg

warrior02_003.jpg

The later (and most common) variant had the single door, the final variant being the uparmoured version - since that is the one you are doing, yeah, should the single door.

0123804.jpg