Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

F-117a nighthawk

would you consider releasing the pilot as a separate unit when you release your 117A?  What I mean is when you do end up releasing the plane if you could have it so your plane automatically has your pilot in there, but also if you could add it to the "Men" category, or your category own?

The pilot will be released separately from the F-117A; I'll probably make a little bit different textures for the F-117 pilot.

Quote[/b] ] And unlike BKM's pilot would the face be able to be changed via the "setface" command or default.

Well, this should be standard for every addon, I guess.

Very good so far! The helmet is spot on but in my opinion the mask needs a bit more work:

The mask looks a bit too much like the pilots chins ("pout-ish"). On the real-life pictures the mask looks much flatter and rounder.

And also the oxygen hose looks like it could do with being a little more stocky, not sure how to judge it though.

Thanks for your criticism. Actually I think, that I need to change the helmet a bit, since it doesn't go up on the back like you see in all pictures.

The hose and the mask are OK, guessing from first ingame shots. I took the BIS pilot as a base, but I want to use another model (I'm waiting for someone's reply).

I want it as accurate as needed, but there are some mistakes and errors I have to live with it, unless you want to take it forever to finish this guy.

EDIT:

btw, something can't be flatter and rounder, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you!

07.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

I don't know about the rest of you, but that looks like the best flight helmet next to the BAS SPH-4B. Vektorboson is the visor and MBU-12 O2 mask removable? Regardless if it is or isn't I still think that's an excellent job of the Gentex HGU-55. When your F-117 bird is released it will be a double treat. Not only will be the OFP community be getting a sharp version of the Stealth Bomber, but a perfect unit to go with all fighter/attack aircraft. Once again that is an awesome job! Thank you for persuing this project, it looks to be a perfect addition to the already ultimate of games of all time.

looks very nice, vektorboson!

dunno which RL flighthelmet you took as ressource, but i think it´d look better if you´d round the bottom corners a bit, just like on the reference pics which jgreynemo posted.

@pang

The helmet on my pictures resembles the HGU-55. I know it's not perfect, I make only small corrections now, which you see in the next picture (the back goes up).

Anyway, you can change it, once released, as you like, because it will be available in MLOD  smile_o.gif

@marine26thmeu

The visor is animated, as seen on one of the pictures.

I'll probably make the O2 mask/hose and the Straps holding it removeable, the needed selections are made.

15.jpg

18.jpg

More Images:

Absolutely amazing work Vector,

The mask/helmet combo look great.

Are you going to update the BIS flightsuit textures?

(It's difficult because of the stretching of textures... I'd probably retexture-map the whole thing...I've tried simply retexturing, and it's very difficult to get any level of detail within the BIS flightsuit texture maps.. ie harnesses, leg-notepad, g-suit over the pants... etc. They all come out blurry and stretched. mad_o.gif Very annoying when you've put a lot of detail into flightsuit textures.)

Anyway good on you for doing this. biggrin_o.gif

This is going to turn out great. And if anybody says otherwise, they're wrong. smile_o.gif

@pang

The helmet on my pictures resembles the HGU-55. I know it's not perfect, I make only small corrections now, which you see in the next picture (the back goes up).

Anyway, you can change it, once released, as you like, because it will be available in MLOD  smile_o.gif

(..)

nah, i dont think so, it already looks stunning! smile_o.gif

and thank you very much for offering the model in MLOD to the community, vektorboson.

i´ll maybe give it a try and make some variations, once it´s released.

what´s the ETA for the pilot, btw?

Wow! This is amazing! I agree with others.

I give you a HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU for making the upcoming release in MLOD format. That is VERY generous of you and I know that many MOD teams will be extremely happy becuase these pilots are very difficult to make (because of all the problems with the Oxygen hose).

I know my MOD team (The Lost Brothers) desperately needed good looking pilots for our Israeli, Egyptian, Syrian, and Jordanian Airforce fighter planes. Actually we have some good looking textures, but no oxygen mask.

So this is an awesome gift to the OFP community.

Thank you again! Only a few other addon makers tend to release their work in MLOD format, (like Adammo and Footmunch for example) but it really helps newbie addon makers like myself to help us learn how good addons are made and they're alot of fun to modify and experiment with.

At any rate I am really looking forward to your release of both the pilot and the F-117!!!

You Da Man!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

´Very extremely nice!!! biggrin_o.gif

hope you can have him be able to take it off and on like the bas delta ranger googles and the soar pilot nvgoogles smile_o.gif

Update on the pilot:

20.jpg

21.jpg

Well, I'm not really pleased with the textures, but those should do it. As you see on the pictures, I made only the flight suit, no life vest and no Anti-G-Gear (but the Anti-G-Gear shouldn't be anything other, than just a texture, whereas the life vest would be modelling).

There are also some animation probs, because the "Air Combat Command"-badge is sometimes cut off by the chest, same for the name patch. I made the pouches as a first step to the vest.

Also, I'll rearrange the O2-hose so it doesn't float around like that now.

Anyway, you shouldn't see this guy in the battlefield anywhere besides in a plane (and with exception of bailing out!)

As for release date, I won't say, but it should be soon; anyone can then take it and retexture, rework it; if someone's version is superior to mine, then I'll re-release it with this custom version  smile_o.gif

Vektorboson awesome flight suit and gear!!! That first picture with the full helmet setup, life vest and patches really separates the pilot from the BIS version. The flight suit's textures are the same quality as INQ's is as to weapons. Looking at the pictures the way the O2 hose is looks just fine, I'm still staring at the pictures. It's been several years since the game came out, but no one has gone the full mile for a US/NATO pilot like this. Again thank you, this addon looks to be a perfect compliment to your F-117A Bird!

oh my god! Very nice looking Stealth fighter, And the pilot model was good to biggrin_o.gif

Any chance of a sonish beta release of the f-117?

Harrrrrr, I can smell the Spirit of the F117!

Lee, are you a pirate by any chance?!!

ONTOPIC; that pilot is looking great, I look forward to killing him spectacularly!!

captain.gif

I´m so excited about this plane.

As he is working together with Hardrock, and I have the Eurofighter for betatesting, I know the F117 will rock the house!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

THAT PILOT IS AMAZING!!!

I'm torn... am I waiting more for the Pilot? Or the F-117rock.gif

Love your work Vector, your models and textures are as good and innovative as your scriptwork.

I also admire the fact that you are passing on your innovations to the rest of the OFP community rather than keeping them to yourself. Thank you very much!!! biggrin_o.gif

I agree with everything nemo said wink_o.gif

That pilot is really gorgeous i cant wait to put him in a F-15 and go Mig hunting biggrin_o.gif

Hmm.... I just thought of something....

This pilot could probably be modified into a truly kick ass HALO SF unit. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm.... I just thought of something....

This pilot could probably be modified into a truly kick ass HALO SF unit.  smile_o.gif  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have seen recently seen some pictures of HALO-units and thought, that they look almost the same, so this is a good idea!

To all the others:

Thanks for all your kind words and comments. The pilot will be released before the F-117; you might've noticed that I haven't released any pictures of the cockpit, it gets a face lift.  smile_o.gif

hey vektorboson was just curious on how the 117 is coming and the new pilot. keep up the good work, i never get tired of looking at the F-117 or your pilot model.

Hi,

well, I made some less spectacular work on the F-117 and the pilot; the F-117 has a shadow now and it gets new cockpit textures (that are as detailed as possible with virtually no cockpit references).

The pilot had some fine tuning on the O2 mask and some new helmet straps. I made all the LODs for him and I added blood textures, so the pilot is very much ready (but yet I need to texture the gloves and create better textures for his back).

Another thing is, I found a way how to prevent blurry textures when using setObjectTexture. I posted the solution in another thread; I'm sad that there was almost no feedback, regarding how many people complained about the blurry textures.

Quote[/b] ]ERROR 404

Error 404 - File not found

Die gewünschte Internet-Seite ist nicht erreichbar. Überprüfen Sie bitte die Adresse oder versuchen

Sie es später noch einmal.

Damn! Well well, lets just hope it's nice.

I'll download it's when its ready biggrin_o.gif

@colossus

where did you get the error?

If you were trying to look at old pictures from this thread, then I'm sorry, I've deleted them long time ago from my server.

Hi Vektorboson,

I love your new pilots! They look great, but i have a few suggestions. The visor seems a bit too large and needs to be a bit more round around the bottom.

This link should show you what i mean

Excellent Pics

Hope this might help you in your final stages of releasing this addon.