Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

F-117a nighthawk

The F-117 should provide a VERY interesting CTI experience as a weapon that can be purchased.  Unfortunately my 800mhz PIII can't take the massive congestion of the warfare in the current versions of the popular CTI missions.

Just a thought about the JSOW A...  

When you dispense the AGM-154A smart submuntions on the enemy front from about 30,000 ft or higher, scattered armor isn't a real big issue as long as friendly armored forces are not near the target area.  Extremely effective at high range at night and when the enemy armor is keeping the engines going in those vehicles.

But then they'd have to open very, very, quick or else the bomb would just come through them.  The action menu's fine for me.

Thats what they do IRL.

Hi,

the major improvements are under the hood. I'm fine tuning the JSOW and the WCMD, so they are powerfull, but not too powerfull.

I'm overworking the flight characteristics and I implemented an ECM-system to the F-117A. I also changed some textures, and made some partial adjustments to the model.

The model has some very serious flaws, which you don't see on the pictures because of the sun light falling in.

I also made a few adjustments to the ILS-system, so it works for any direction and fits the ILS-standard by hardrock and me. You perhaps saw the thread about the Unification of planes addons from hardrock.

I'm also working on some nice weapons, but I won't say atm which they are.

I'm trying out a lot of new ways and concepts in scripting and addon making, so it will take some time to finish it, and make it perfect.

Hello all!

I am leaving the OFP community because of RL taking now too much time to play OFP and make any scripts, tutorials or addons like the F-117.

I'm announcing also, that I am giving the F-117 to another addon maker who is more than capable and competent in finishing this addon.

I wish everyone good luck in the OFP community, especially BIS, who created a fantastic game.

Vektorboson (aka bigpoppa)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

vektorboson action ["SALUTE"];

Arghh i hate it when things like this happen... sad_o.gif

Anyway i hope your RL gives you leave again soonish , so you could come back?

Whos gonna finish the F-117 now though?

Hardrock ? Footmunch ? Trenchfeet ? biggrin_o.gif

Hello all!

I am leaving the OFP community because of RL taking now too much time to play OFP and make any scripts, tutorials or addons like the F-117.

I'm announcing also, that I am giving the F-117 to another addon maker who is more than capable and competent in finishing this addon.

I wish everyone good luck in the OFP community, especially BIS, who created a fantastic game.

Vektorboson (aka bigpoppa)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

vektorboson action ["SALUTE"];

Good luck to you vektorboson.

I hope you do come back, at least to see your work when its finished, and to tweak it to the standard you dreamed it to be.

The doors for you return shall always be open. wink_o.gif

viel spaß in RL, vektorboson.

du bist einer der besten deutschen scripter gewesen, denke ich. deine drop tutorials sind die einzigen, die sich durchgesetzt haben. auch die restlichen sachen auf deiner hp sind sehr nützlich (bleibt die online?). vielen dank für alles.

gruß

raedor

p.s.: wie hoch ist die comeback chance?

Quote[/b] ]I'm announcing also, that I am giving the F-117 to another addon maker who is more than capable and competent in finishing this addon.

So it's not you then Footmunch. So who's this going to then? Does anyone know, has it already been given to someone. If your that someone, drop everyone a line here, so we can tell if the addon will ever be finished. smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

maybe he´s giving it to VIT tounge_o.gif

seriously:

hope your gonna have a good time without ofp, vektorboson.

i always liked your amazing scripts and tutorials.

so long, havee fun with whatever you do smile_o.gif

hey you guys out there, what's with the F-117 I'm asking?...

Hm, yeah bit offtopic, I know but I'm finished with my EF about 99%, but I think I'm gonna leave the community, so

fair well and goodbye

Hey!... What are you doing??...Leave that knife!!...Argh Ok Ok I'm just joking  crazy_o.gif

neither I'm finished about 99% nor I'm leaving the community, so get down...

seriously:

good guess Acecombat, I'm gonna take over the F-117

but first I'll finish my EF until I'm putting hard work in the F-117

(Maybe something extraordinary is given to you for Christmas? You never know  smile_o.gif )

cheers

hardrock

hey you guys out there, what's with the F-117 I'm asking?...

Hm, yeah bit offtopic, I know but I'm finished with my EF about 99%, but I think I'm gonna leave the community, so

fair well and goodbye

Hey!... What are you doing??...Leave that knife!!...Argh Ok Ok I'm just joking  crazy_o.gif

neither I'm finished about 99% nor I'm leaving the community, so get down...

seriously:

good guess Acecombat, I'm gonna take over the F-117

(Maybe something extraordinary is given to you for Christmas? You never know  smile_o.gif )

cheers

hardrock

Well atleast Big P. handed it over to someone skilled biggrin_o.gif

I'm gonna take over the F-117

cheers

hardrock

That's a real relief hardrock! smile_o.gif I have to say, thanks for taking the project on board......... You just never know what happens to some peoples work after they elect to leave.

Knowing that the nighthawk is in good hands, really puts my mind at ease. smile_o.gif

As soon as the EF and the Nighthawk gets released, you can almost garantee the next major fighter mission/campaign project from me will involve use of the EF or the Nighthawk.   biggrin_o.gif

One little favor though, can you make a loadout of the F-117 Nighthawk with the B61 nuke used by the F/A-18C pack?  I'd really appreciate that, especially when you gotta go in thick Air Defense to nuke something....    wink_o.gif

Later,

Havoc.

Just a status update:

I took the F-117 over again and am working hard on it. I fixed the size of the F-117, since it was about 20% to big! Now it has the dimensions as specified by fas.org. Also I'm working on new features, but you'll see them.

Now, I've got a question: Since there is no really nice pilot addon, despite BKM pilot with oxygen mask, I want to know if someone can provide me with detailed images/pictures of an USAF flight suit. Google wasn't really a help here! I'd need the hgu-55 helmet, and the cwu-27, best with vest and anti-g garment.

This was the best I found regarding an USAF flight suit. But, there were also some civilians wearing their bought suits, the advantage was that they wore the full suit, so I could work with these, if necessary.

This is really good news. I was just recently wondering if the F-117 had disappeared for good. It's great that you're back bigpoppa. smile_o.gif

I had a look on Google and as you say it is surprisingly difficult to find pics of modern flight gear. I did find one page which may be helpful here, although you might have been on this already. I'm pretty sure many of the forum members will have all the pics and info you need though, just wait and see. smile_o.gif

I'm dissapointed to say I think we'll have to wait until OFP 2 so units like pilots can be detailed more accurately and look better.  

Most of the gear that makes a pilot look realistic is hard to impliment on OFP units since it can't be optionally removed or replace like the parachute in the back.  There is no way to deal with a pilot's mask inflight or other small things that would make a pilot look good in OFP.

We might get something closer and better than the BKM pilot, but it won't even be close to what we all OFP aircraft players would want.