Sign in to follow this  
Raw

Seagulls and reality

Face it, it is boring as hell being a seagull, the only thing you can do is perform Hitchcock style swoops at the enemy.

My suggestion to solve this and increase realism is to allow seagulls to perform "bombing missions". Hours of fun for the entire family.

Also, please make them more stable in flight, they are making me seasick...

I have to say that although its a relatively small feature of the game the seagulls have always really annoyed me. For example I hate the birds natural restrictions such not making ultra-sharp turns and not being able to fly backwards at a usable speed. Although it's somewhat realistic I miss the user-friendliness of an freely positional camera. Also the lack of stability drives me crazy as well, especially on cpu intensive missions the camera gets really jerky with seagull mode. I think it would be funny to be something else like a dragonfly or some other insect (might fit with ofp2). They're quicker, can manuever better and I can imagine a buzzing swarm of them really annoying an opponent.

Maybe instead of a seagull you should respawn as a UAV...but then everyone would shoot at it, I guess...hang on, people already shoot at the seagulls! ghostface.gif

personally i would rather the people still playing wouldnt be able to see the seagull... it gets rather annoying when you have a flock of them following you around and making that really annoying chirping sound

Well, personnaly I like the seagulls, but I allso see the problem...

And well, one thing that would be fun is if they allready are making other animals, they could use them as respawn too, however there would be a big problem if there were like 10 mooses or cows running around...

So maby make it a server option, there could be one option with just insects (that way people wouldn't be too annoyed if there were some around them), the next option could be various animals, that means a respawn as a random animal...

However there is a problem whith that too, if they make the animals as they have done with the seagulls (you can walk and shoot through them) it wouldn't be too realistic, but if the animals can interact with the world and the players, the animals can be really annoying...

lol, a moose running in your line of fire everytime you try to kill an enemy would be just great biggrin_o.gif

Yes it wouldn't work. Bears charging at snipers and enemy MGs. It would be a big friggin' mess.

LoL! Make the player decide what animal he/she wants to be in next life smile_o.gif and the selection should depend on the animals that live in the region.

biggrin_o.gif Like that idea, anyway i hope OFP2 comes out some ingame animals. That's one of the thing OFP is missing now. Some animals on those big green empty places. I thing it would add more realisme to the game. Even some dum cows, sheeps or jumping rabbits that reveal your possition....or maybee some birds flying out of the forrest when shooting....Really hope the animals get more attention in OFP2.

i hope they include dogs if the player dies in a village...

i heard there was a mod/ addon which allowed the seagulls to "excrete" on enemies

see why me wanna be doggy?

I'm not sure if Vietnam or the other areas have crocodiles, but I think it would be really neat if you could have them attack you occasionally if you wander down to the water's edge. Could create some tense water crossings...you know you may lose a man, but who will it be? Johnson, you first!

How about the less you kill while alive, the less bad karma you collect, and your ultimate goal is to stop resurrecting! tounge_o.gif

there should be the option to s**t on people

but seriously i think there are slightly more important things that seagulls to worry about

Maybe instead of a seagull you should respawn as a UAV...but then everyone would shoot at it, I guess...hang on, people already shoot at the seagulls!  ghostface.gif

Ha ha, yeah right, UAVs flying aróund in the 70s! biggrin_o.gif