Sign in to follow this  
Renagade

Famous  leaders biographys

I found hitlers diarys,which is making interesting so far, now im looking for more from the other leaders.

I think mussolini had a book about him but im not so sure on stalin,churchill,roosvelt and the japanese guys.

Can anyone recommend any books so i can get a bigger idea of the actions and motives ??

Alan Bullock is my favourite Biographer on this topic. His Study on both Hitler and Stalin are incredibly detailed something of the definitive biographies on those two fellows. Though there are newer more updated attempts of course.

BM

more specifically,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/923378.stm

Quote[/b] ]A German who was paid millions of dollars after forging diaries by Adolph Hitler in the world's biggest publishing fraud has died of cancer.

The man, Konrad Kujau, received in 1983 nearly five-million dollars from Stern magazine in Germany and nearly half-a-million dollars from the Sunday Times in London, after persuading them he'd found sixty volumes of Hitler diaries.

But experts challenged his claim, and he was imprisoned for four-and-a-half-years.

Later, Mr Kujau became a German media celebrity, ran a restaurant, and sold his own forgeries of famous paintings -- which he always signed to avoid further prosecutions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2159037.stm

Quote[/b] ]The man who played a key role in the humiliating fake Hitler diaries scandal worked for the East German secret police, recently released files have revealed.

Murdoch and the Western press lapped up the story

Gerd Heidemann, who served a jail term for his go-between role in the sale of the fraudulent diaries, was recruited by the Stasi in 1953, a spokesman from Germany's centre for Stasi documents confirmed.

While he distanced himself from the Stasi just two years later, the file - extracts of which were published in this week's Der Spiegel - indicates that he was still active in the service between 1981 and 1986.

The diary scandal occurred in 1983.

It disgraced the German magazine Stern, which bought them, media mogul Rupert Murdoch, whose reputable Sunday Times also fell for them, and a top Hitler historian who vouched for their authenticity.

Tickets for Eva

The 62 volume epic, which covered the crucial years of 1932 to 1945, were sold to Stern for nearly nine million marks ($5m).

It was their star reporter Heidemann who acted as the intermediary between his employer and the man who had allegedly found the diaries, Konrad Kujau - later revealed to be the author of the works.

Kujau had mainly plagiarised a book called Hitler's Speeches and Proclamations compiled by a Nazi federal archivist, and had littered the text with banal comments such as "Must get tickets for the Olympic Games for Eva" to give the work a personal touch.

Despite the fact that the diaries were made of paper, ink and glue of post-war origin, and that the writing itself contained historical inaccuracies and anachronisms, Heidemann clinched the sale.

He came away from the deal with 1.7 million of the marks which were paid to Kujau.

In the 1985 trial, Heidemann said he had been duped by Kujau. But the author insisted that Heidemann knew they were fakes.

'Double agent'

According to Der Spiegel, Heidemann - whose codename was Gerhard - was initially engaged to watch the arrival of American nuclear weapons in West Germany.

But he said that the money he received - a substantial amount - was handed over to the West German authorities.

He said he was a double agent.

His file was archived by the Stasi in 1986, indicating that he was no longer deemed useful by the agency.

I meant mein kampf unless thats fake too rock.gif

no no - thats a discusting piece of forgery against humanity!

explain rock.gif

what I meant was Hitlers sick idea of what's best for human beings. Segregation, getting rid of "unwanted human material" etc for the "best" of the human race(s) .

I haven`t got that far into it yet,have u read all the way through it?

I haven`t got that far  into  it yet,have u read all the way through  it?

...no, I'm not diluted enough to read it!

Besides, "Mein Kampf" is illegal in Norway - and that's fine with me!

smile_o.gif

then how can u comment on the book if u have never read it?

ps, i think u meant to say demented instead of diluted smile_o.gif

then how can  u comment on the  book if u have never  read it?

ps,  i think  u  meant  to say demented  instead  of diluted smile_o.gif

1 - 0 to you my dear Renegade!

I won't edit it though - just to prove to all of you that I'm not perfect - even if you think so!

tounge_o.gif

mein kampf is not a forgery AFAIK. Hitler wrote it during his time in prison.

personally, i'm not interested in reading this lunatic's babbles.

mein kampf is not a forgery AFAIK. Hitler wrote it during his time in prison.

personally, i'm not interested in reading this lunatic's babbles.

of course the shitebook isn't forgery - that's not what I meant. I just wanted to twist the meaning a little.

Please do not contradict my statements once more - or I won't let you join Mein Kampf against the evil swedes!

tounge_o.gif

A German who was paid millions of dollars after forging diaries by Adolph Hitler in the world's biggest publishing fraud [...]

For those who have access to german movies: there's a great comedy about this affair. It's called 'Stonk' featuring Götz George, and shows how easy it was for Kujau to fool the media. They were so eager to get the big sensation public that they ignored all the clues that pointed to a fake. If you have a chance, watch it!

As to "Mein Kampf" - while it is illegal to own or sell it - at least as a whole - you can get commented editions freely, or you can read the original at some libraries for historical studies. There's no question it is actually gibberish.

If you want a good Biography of Hitler I recommend the one bei Joachim C. Fest: "Hitler - Eine Biographie". Over 1200 pages, extremely well researched and documented. There's an english language book by him that seems be similar (maybe its the translation, although it only features about 900 pages): "Hitler" by Joachim C. Fest and Harcourt Brace. You can get both books at Amazon.de or Amazon.com.

Edit: "Mein Kampf" is not a biography, but a political manifest and thus values impression over truth - just like the 'Mao bible' and other similar stuff. Also many stories Hitler writes there about himself are proven lies or outrageous exagerations.

I meant mein kampf unless thats fake too rock.gif

I've tried to read it, but it's goddamn boring. Not a good writer that Hitler. It's not fake, it's just bullshit. I saw a documentary about Hitler a while back. He was a total loser. I don't remember exactly everything about it anymore so I won't start giving false information here, but the point is Mein Kampf is all a lie and it's just a part of nazi propaganda.

As it was already mentioned it is very poorly written, and in addition to it's disgusting content is chock full of ignorance and stupidity. I suppose it could give some insight on the founding of the Nazi-party if you could wade through all the crap within.

I took a look at a couple of chapters and that was plenty enough for me  crazy_o.gif

Edited to remove the link

If for some reason you would like to read Mein Kampf the English version is available online here (LINK REMOVED).

This is a racist Nazi site, falsy claiming neutrality and historical accuracy.

Mein Kampf is actually an announcement about Hitler's goals. He wrote about everything that happened during the time he was at power. He announced that he would get rid of the Jews in Europe, that he would attack the Soviets to get a German "habitat" in the east, that he would not obey the Versailles treaty,...

And he explained his idea of the "Herrenrasse" and the Nazi ideology.

Edit:

I haven't read it, but many people know what it is about. It's an open secret.

[...]As to "Mein Kampf" - while it is illegal to own or sell it - at least as a whole - you can get commented editions freely, or you can read the original at some libraries for historical studies. There's no question it is actually gibberish.

[...]

Actually it's not banned or illegal, but the publisher holding the copyright in Germany (as weird as it sounds) doesn't want it to be published.

I think its just in germany and surrounding areas but elsewhere u can freely to copy it from what i`ve heard rock.gif

What was the link amp removed ?

One paragraph that could be applied to today was at the end of the book

Quote[/b] ]That is intelligible on purely human grounds. A shrewd conqueror will always enforce his exactions on the conquered only by stages, as far as that is possible. Then he may expect that a people who have lost all strength of character--which is always the case with every nation that voluntarily submits to the threats of an opponent--will not find in any of these acts of oppression, if one be enforced apart from the other, sufficient grounds for taking up arms again. The more numerous the extortions thus passively accepted so much the less will resistance appear justified in the eyes of other people, if the vanquished nation should end by revolting against the last act of oppression in a long series. And that is specially so if the nation has already patiently and silently accepted impositions which were much more exacting.

Anyway if mein kampfs a load of bable what`s maos bible about then?

It was to an online version of Mein Kampf I Googled up.

I didn't take a good look at the site it was on and albeit it had at first sight seemed like a legit historical website, a closer look (and Avon's comment) quickly made me change my mind.

Just another garbage website. mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think its just in germany and surrounding areas but elsewhere u can freely to copy it from what i`ve heard rock.gif

Not so - thank God! Mein Kampf is forbidden in Norway. That includes selling, copying or distributing in any manner.

Which is alright with me.

smile_o.gif

I found some books on churchill and napoleon in my search for stuff,there wouldn`t happen to be any norwegian

ones i should look out for tounge_o.gif