Sign in to follow this  
SnypaUK

Other nations

Who would like to see other nations in OFP2? I know there are mods to get british french canadian units but in the original campaign its like the USA is the only country in nato. I for one would love to see british troops with SA80s and challenger tanks or SLRs and chieftains depending on the era

perhaps not in the vietnam campaign as they werent involved

but maybe in the european/african campaign?

Who would like to see other nations in OFP2? I know there are mods to get british french canadian units but in the original campaign its like the USA is the only country in nato. I for one would love to see british troops with SA80s and challenger tanks or SLRs and chieftains depending on the era

perhaps not in the vietnam campaign as they werent involved

but maybe in the european/african campaign?

well how meany countries do you want to gaurd an island much smaller than what 400 Danish troops have controle in Iraq.

It would be much to expencive to have tree countries gaurding what one could easily hold.

STGN

well how meany countries do you want to gaurd an island much smaller than what 400 Danish troops have controle in Iraq.

It would be much to expencive to have tree countries gaurding what one could easily hold.

STGN

Its a game tounge_o.gif . More Countries = More Diversity wink_o.gif

I prefer nicely (not like Mi-24 ;P) made, well rounded units of one country than a diversity of the not-very-well made units from several countries. I think that BIS should leave it for the mod makers/addon makers. Anyways, I hope they'll made game addons (I'm talking here about soldiers especially) more customizable and easier to edit - for example - equipment soldier is carrying on his neck, helmets, vests etc. should be defined as proxies on the soldier's model, and external objects should be 'attached' to the soldier via the config file - then it would be possible to remove this equipment from soldier's model in game or to replace it with the equipment taken from the dead soldiers/supply crates.

I'd definitely like more units from different countries. Maybe a Nato force, with different countries units for different specialties; standard inf US, special forces SAS; etc. Either that or not make the default units American; I'm fed up of always playing as them.

I am actually curious to know are there any tactical games where you dont play as an american?

Now you say that what nationality is troska? he talks like an american but it keeps talking about russian special forces and then gastovski says about working with him?

Now you say that what nationality is troska? he talks like an american but it keeps talking about russian special forces and then gastovski says about working with him?

That isnt an american accent SnypaUK. It sounds more like he is english. Witch is odd since everyone else has an Eastern Euopean accent in the game.

i always thought the russian voices in red hammer sounded like dodgy cockney immitations *shrugs*

back on topic, in the prelude to Resistance campaign it actually says Troska is from Nogova wink_o.gif

i always thought the russian voices in red hammer sounded like dodgy cockney immitations *shrugs*

back on topic, in the prelude to Resistance campaign it actually says Troska is from Nogova wink_o.gif

I thought they used real russian actors for the voices? rock.gif

I want bis to carefully focus on VC. They should pay equal attention to all available sides.

I thought they used real russian actors for the voices? rock.gif

they may well have, but they sounded like a cockney to me (and by the way to clarify i mean the voice sets, not the sound bites like "vodka" "die american evils" etc)

they should make the russians to speak russian and VC to speak their own language not accents.

well they do speak russian in the cutscenes but it should be like that in radio voices too. I really like that thing in Sturmovik.

Well lets see

Countries thats were involed in the vietnam war. and who had troops die in combat are

US Backed

France

USA

Britain

Austrailia

N.Zealand

South VC

Communist Backed

North VC

China

The U.N also had troops stationed in Vietnam during the war, I found a list one time that listed the total number of countries who sent troops or supplied equipment for the war..

As I suggested in a mail to BI I sent once... the simple matrix system in the mission editor would be great. It would allow to define alliances like this (assuming there can me more than three sides):

Allies.jpg

In this case we have:

- Warsaw forces agressive to both NATO and Resistance side

- NATO forces trying to avoid engagement with Warsaw ones

- NATO forces trying to help/cover Resistance whenever they can

- Resistance forces trying to avoid NATO problems

- Resistance agressive to Warsaw forces

Something like that, allowing to switch A/N/F (and more if possible) relations between sides would allow more complex mission situations and not to have to create units and change their sides manually in the SQM.

In OFP, there were four sides where only the RE columns and rows were configurable (three configurations only), but with such a dynamic matrix, I assume four sides would be more than sufficient.

That isnt an american accent SnypaUK. It sounds more like he is english. Witch is odd since everyone else has an Eastern Euopean accent in the game.

he " retired" to the island

he's not lived there all his life

it also mention he used to be in AN Army

anyone thinking ex-marines

or SAS gone crap?

well he's not crap

he's actually quite good

he's not dead for a start!