Sign in to follow this  
NurEinMensch

Sweden decides

The voting ends at 20:00 (CET) and after that the results will be coming in. It's impossible to tell how soon we'll have a statistically reliable figure of the result. By tomorrow for sure.

If there is a big difference between the yes and no side, then within hours, but given the situation that's unlikely. All the opinion polls the last few days have been contradictory.

The voting ends at 20:00 (CET) and after that the results will be coming in. It's impossible to tell how soon we'll have a statistically reliable figure of the result. By tomorrow for sure.

If there is a big difference between the yes and no side, then within hours, but given the situation that's unlikely. All the opinion polls the last few days have been contradictory.

Keep us updated. smile_o.gif

Based on 7,000 interviews at the polling stations:

No: 51,8%

Yes: 46,2%

The preliminary final numbers will be in about 21:30 (CET)

Well for your guys sake lets hope its a firm no. In the netherlands all that happened is that the stores upped the price 80% since we got the euro. The government said they would act against that behaviour but they dont. They say its just a feeling that things have gotten more expensive, which is a joke interely. Like the people dont know how to use a calculator.

Well for your guys sake lets hope its a firm no. In the netherlands all that happened is that the stores  upped the price 80% since we got the euro.

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

We only had a...5%? increase in Finland, and prices are back to normal now...

80% increase rock.gif?

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT

shop keepers are stealing your money

Not here, some things like clothing went over twice, now costing 230% of what they did before. Allot of supermarkets are suffering because everyone goes to the cheapest now (LIDL) and they keep complaining. The general mood among the people is to let "the bastards go under" and I cant say I disagree on that.

Really, how come 75% of the Dutch are pleased with the Euro?  rock.gif

LOL who ever took that poll must have been someone with a very large imagination smile_o.gif Ask people on the street how they feel and you wont get 75% ... more like 20 ish smile_o.gif

Our mistake: Giving women the right to vote mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

About 60% of the women (in the results so far) are against the Euro while 52% of the men are pro-Euro.

Our mistake: Giving women the right to vote  mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

About 60% of the women (in the results so far) are against the Euro while 52% of the men are pro-Euro.

Their probably the ones doing the shopping wink_o.gif

Based on 7,000 interviews at the polling stations:

No: 51,8%

Yes: 46,2%

The preliminary final numbers will be in about 21:30 (CET)

You Swedes are so backwards. tounge_o.gif

Well it's Game Over for Yes side. 56.5 for NO with only 400 districts left.

Damn this election coverage was boring compared to the parlimanentary elections. It's more exciting(for us statistics freaks) to watch mandate changes in every backwater town than watching just two big bars move smile_o.gif.

BM

Ok. It's safe to say that Sweden will no join the European Monetary Union.

Edit: BM was faster {8^)

Not before 2006 that is. I'm sure reality will strike at the average Sven at some point.

In theory nothing stops parliament to vote YES since this isn't a decicive poll. Though that would be political suicide at this point of course.

Even if I voted Yes it doesnt bother me so much. I mean if Euro goes well in rest of EU for 3-5 years the popular opinion will reflect that. If it goes to hell, well then we havent lost anything smile_o.gif.

BM

Democracy: the rule of the mediocre sad_o.gif

This sucks and only reinforces my idea that moving from Sweden wouldn't be such an idea. There is a new strong unified Europe emerging. My country has unfortunatly not understood this but instead of joining this exciting progress we'll be standing on the side. That doesn't resonate to well with me. I can easily see myself moving to live and work in the continental Europe.

Strangely enough I agree. I would have been much more satisfied if Göran Persson stood up and said "I won't listen to this, I am going with the Euro" In my opinion the goverment should have decided this in the first place. We voted them into office so they should be able to decide the best for us even in this matter.

But hey, my district said yes. I want the euro tounge_o.gif

Not before 2006 that is. I'm sure reality will strike at the average Sven at some point.

In theory nothing stops parliament to vote YES since this isn't a decicive poll. Though that would be political suicide at this point of course.

Even if I voted Yes it doesnt bother me so much. I mean if Euro goes well in rest of EU for 3-5 years the popular opinion will reflect that. If it goes to hell, well then we havent lost anything smile_o.gif.

BM

Exactly. Obviously i didn't mean that Sweden never would get Euro. Im pretty sure we will. The question is when.

First effects: The value of the Swedish crown has fallen 10% on the international exchange markets within minutes after the result was evident.

Predictions: Stockholms fondbörs (Swedish stockmarket) won't react kindly to this when it opens tomorrow.

BM

Not likely. The minister of finance just made a statement that another attemt to join the Eurozone won't be tried for at least 10-15 years.

Yaay it's all going to hell! Stock up on canned food and dry freezed soups! And not to mention toilet paper. The Swedish Y2K is here....