Sign in to follow this  
waffendennis

Morton island

An cool island to play on just play with it and post your comment smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Ziggy finished and released his very nice Morton island! You can download it by clicking below! smile_o.gif

Some images:

Morton1s.jpg

Morton2s.jpg

Morton3s.jpg

Morton4s.jpg

Morton5s.jpg

Morton6s.jpg

And then the last but the best:

The download

Source:

Ofp.info

its pretty cool, i like the landscape and the object placements.........but whats up with island makers releasing islands now, that do not have resistance textures or objects? ? ? ? ? this is one thing i'd like to see, which im not seeing alot of in islands - and this is probably why alot of people say there isn't any good islands out.

good work tho, lets see some resistance textures and objects tho wink_o.gif

Yes a nice island. smile_o.gif I like all of the backroads and forests...need robin hood and his men now. tounge_o.gif

1. Missing ground textures (e.g., EC50, ED51, FG61, FH69 and more).

2. Missing anim cutscene.

3. Missing missions.

I too am missing ground textures - huge white squares ruin an otherwise great map. Is this just an oversight in wrpedit or am i missing files?

I too am missing ground textures - huge white squares ruin an otherwise great map. Is this just an oversight in wrpedit or am i missing files?

They're either missing or don't show up correctly. Is there anyone here who doesn't have this problem?

They're either missing or don't show up correctly. Is there anyone here who doesn't have this problem?

I don't seem to have a problem. Maybe I should check again. It seems like a nice island, but it is too uniform. The roads seem like a race track, and the cities have no names. There is also an overpass in the Northeast (Gridname?) that has no road over it, just some kinda road section...

Don't forget alot of maps coming out around this time are going to be peoples first serious efforts with visitor. Most people probably don't know they have to unPBO the stuff from the 'res' folder for high res textures/objects(res addons\O~PBO is missing textures as well! Is res's 'landtext.pbo' complete anyone?) the guide was Eden...

The tutorial on making runways AI usable was pretty obscure to find!, it was well hidden in fact! I stumbled across a link to it in a thread, and that was the first I'd seen that they needed special configuration. Towns need special attention as well I believe..

I find the default res map 'jumpy' on my 2gig~Tbred 512MB~3200DDR @ 200FSB & 9700! I'm reluctant to make laggy maps sad_o.gif . How do res textures play out on other peeps rigs?...

One big advantage of some of the old CWC folliage is that it blocks the AI's line of site if you hide behind it.

I don't think there's a single Resistance bush or shrub that does that.

One big advantage of some of the old CWC folliage is that it blocks the AI's line of site if you hide behind it.

...i prefer old trees and stuff not only because of that but because you can have alot more stuff without losing performance, and they seem to look better at the distance, the lods on the new trees seem to "jump" all the time giving it a weird look i find hard to discribe sad_o.gif .

Hmm how does that look like avon? rock.gif

Im just wondering...

The missing ground texture are probably due to you having the retextured CWC islands installed. many user maps use the textures from the original islands.

Im not a fan of CWC bushes they ruin some pretty landscapes with thier flat, 2D appearance