Sign in to follow this  
Tibby595

Getting in vehicles

Not to be too long but:

I like Delta Force Black Hawk Down for it's abilities to walk around in the choppers

Flashpoint had 2 objects, you and the vehicle, to that, if you chose to get in, it waited for 2 seconds for you to do an animation and then you are sat in the car

if somebody clicks get in one second, you can drive off and they'll be in your car even if the animation isn't finished...

BF is a good animation, but it still is hard to jump on an aircraft to air walk

So what i want is DFBHD style vehicles, so you can get on, climb over, and use your weapons inside them...

i say this because i'd love to airwalk on ofp

smile_o.gif

it's hard to airwalk on a figher on BF, especially when the pilot doesn't like you and does loop the loops

i suppose it's possible on the bomber but

oh

yes

sorry

>click<

send

In BHD the helicopters are basically just moving platforms and not controlled by the player. Moving platforms are certainly not something new to games. BF1942 has controllable vehicles which you can stand on and is probably a better comparision.

BTW this has been discussed before.

In BHD the helicopters are basically just moving platforms and not controlled by the player.  Moving platforms are certainly not something new to games.  BF1942 has controllable vehicles which you can stand on and is probably a better comparision.

BTW this has been discussed before.

yeah if you play MP you notice that the choppers always have the "EXACT" same route.

Has anyone seen DF:joint operations? its a game in developement but it promises pilotable choppers you can walk around in and shoot out of that would be quite cool you can also shoot out the windows of vehicles as well. I think thats what tibbys looking for

How about getting into vehicles in a way akin to GTA3? You actually go to the right seat place, open the door, get in, shut it. If cars are damaged and doors are missing, there's no dodgy opening door anim, you just hop straight in.

Has anyone seen DF:joint operations? its a game in developement but it promises pilotable choppers you can walk around in  and shoot out of that would be quite cool you can also shoot out the windows of vehicles as well. I think thats what tibbys looking for

thankyou!!!

i didn't want vehicles on rails

i wanted the ability to walk around them, like SynpaUk pointed out

I dont know about that... imagining 6 or more guys walking around in a moving helicopter sounds a bit silly to me, maybe in trucks, land vehicals and definetly boats but fast unstable air vehicals? i think others would get pissed at you and threw you out the door tounge_o.gif .

Having flown quite a lot in different helicopters, I can say that you don't walk around any more than you walk around in a car.

Either they have seats, in which case there is no room to walk, or you remove some seats to get more room, in which case you need the room to stuff more people and stuff in them, not to move around.

The way you run around in helicopters in Delta Force have nothing to do with reality.

Even in a big craft like the Chinook or C130, you do not run around. You sit in your place until it is time to unload or jump, then you move to the door and get out. You don't want to be tossed around inside if it's a bumpy ride, and there is nothing useful you can do. Just sit back, let the pilot do his job and enjoy the ride.

Being able to ride on the outside of tanks, however, is used. It should probably not be down by allowing generic climbing, it would be more realistic to add some "outside seats", which you select just like the normal seats. Useful for moving around in areas that are not expected to be hot.

i understand what you mean about not walking around vehicles

but i want THAT KIND OF ABILITY so you CAN SHOOT OUT OF THE HELI

and that way of getting in, rather than clicking your little menu

also, walking on aircraft carriers happens, why not have that

if the "object" made was only taking up as much room as you see then you would be able to walk on them

unlike the "unofficial" AC where if you landed on it you'd slide off, it's as if there was a glass box surrounding it

understand me now?

my 2 main examples for this thread were BF1942 and DFBHD

if you have played them you know what i want

Quote[/b] ]but i want THAT KIND OF ABILITY so you CAN SHOOT OUT OF THE HELI

That should work for some vehicles, (Mi-17, BMP and open jeeps), but for most vehicles it is just not realistic and will promote Rambo-style playing.

Quote[/b] ]and that way of getting in, rather than clicking your little menu

Or at least some quicker way, like a default alternative on the menu that can be activated by keyboard. For a vehicle, that alternative would be 'Get in', for other stuff it would probably be something else.

Quote[/b] ]also, walking on aircraft carriers happens, why not have that

Carriers and other capital ships are a special case. To be quite honest I'm not convinced they should be included, and even if they are included, they should probably by part of the static scenery rather than controllable vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]my 2 main examples for this thread were BF1942 and DFBHD

if you have played them you know what i want

I've played DFBHD and did not like it at all. The way vehicles work there has nothing to do with reality. BF1942 screws up my graphics card, but I've seen people doing inflight wing walks. I don't want that i OFP.

i know wing walking is not real

but it's fun!!!

most of the time you fall and in enemy territory cuz ur pilot does loop ala loops there cuz he no like you...

i know u didn't like DFBHD ( well i didn't)

but when u get in a vehicle, it's possible to move

and i've read it somewhere

"The M21 ~blah blah blah~ making it perfect for shooting out of helis"

in ofp1 u can't do that

at least if you can move around, you'll be able to use your gun, meaning you can shoot out of vehicles

Heh, quite frustrating reading I agree..

I think there should be the ability to move your upper torso while seated in a chopper. I think that is all you need. You will be able to aim your rifle, which is realistic, but nothing more.

I think most of us here agree, what you see as "fun" in BF1942 and BHD is exactly the things we don't want in OFP.

It is the immature gameplay that keeps us away from the likes of counter-strike and blackhawk down.

Keep OFP2 pure smile_o.gif

Heh, quite frustrating reading I agree..

I think there should be the ability to move your upper torso while seated in a chopper. I think that is all you need. You will be able to aim your rifle, which is realistic, but nothing more.

I think most of us here agree, what you see as "fun" in BF1942 and BHD is exactly the things we don't want in OFP.

It is the immature gameplay that keeps us away from the likes of counter-strike and blackhawk down.

Keep OFP2 pure smile_o.gif

Although if they introduce a realistic option to be "unattached" to the vehicle so we can shed all the CSers and BFers before reaching the combat area as they'll discover why vehicles have seatbelts.

well shooting out of a chooper with your own personial weapon is a nice idea though, but walking around in a moving chooper which flyin in or out of combat zone is something not less stupid then jumping off a building (without chute of cause)well i know it would be great if we can stand up and hock up the chute, walk out of the plane/chopper yourself and let the chute open, pray to have a save landing, but the fact is you could do it only if you have a smooth trip(which what BAS chopper really did!!) or your are with something which keep you inside the flying thing or make you save if you get throw out of it biggrin_o.gif

if you really want to shoot out of the chopper, why dont you add 1 or 2 extar Gunner posts at the door way using your own weapon(which we all wanted to see in OFP2)??? ??

GREAT idea phleep. I'm all for realism like that- do it if you want, but discover the consequences!

Maybe also they should model the brass coming out on full auto and being hurled into people's eyes by the wind coming in smile_o.gif

BAS Littlebird does have the ability to shoot with your own gun, doesn't it? (Maybe offtopic, but if it's not new to the OFP-code, there is no reason to discuss it, is there? wink_o.gif)

nope there was a version of the MH6 which had an MP5 stuck to the side to simulate one of the crew firing

I've asked around, and the reason you don't want people firing inside aircraft is that if it gets bumpy, a bullet could hit someone inside or the rotor or some other vital part. For eatern block equipment, this is a smaller problem, their stuff is more robust (a Mi-28 can survive a 30mm shell straight through the main rotor!), but for western aircraft it is often fatal.

It is only common sense. Keep your safety on while in a moving vehicle, especially if it is a bumpy ride and you might get hit by a bullet which might cause you to pull the trigger by mistake.

I've asked around, and the reason you don't want people firing inside aircraft is that if it gets bumpy, a bullet could hit someone inside or the rotor or some other vital part. For eatern block equipment, this is a smaller problem, their stuff is more robust (a Mi-28 can survive a 30mm shell straight through the main rotor!), but for western aircraft it is often fatal.

It is only common sense. Keep your safety on while in a moving vehicle, especially if it is a bumpy ride and you might get hit by a bullet which might cause you to pull the trigger by mistake.

if you choose to shoot the flipping rotor that;s your fault!!!

but i get where ur going