Sign in to follow this  
denoir

Arms trade

Quote[/b] ]Who buys and who sells?

3.jpg

Would be interresting to know who sells more, Israel or Germany ghostface.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And about buying AKs - I guess I could get them quiet cheap in Czech Rep. or Slovenia, but I doubt in sufficient numbers to arm 100000 men. And I doubt many nations would arm their forces with illegal weapons...

And the difference between the F-15 and S-30 - well, let's buy S-30s...

Would be interresting to know who sells more, Israel or Germany

The chart says Germany, or am I reading it wrong? rock.gif

"Even in the Iraq war now Ericsson provided the US military with radar systems with the full approval of our government, which incidentally was against the war."

Yes, and Aimpoint sold their products to the US as well. Their sights are'nt listed was war material, but the mountings are (meaning they can sell the sights, but not the mountings). However, the ISP (Inspection for Strategic Products) has a small list of countries we can sell arms to, even if they are at war. And the US is of course on that list.

Speaking of stealth, Lockheed came up with this and proposed it to the RAF as a replacement for the Tornado GR4-

f117c.jpg

I believe thats for the FOAS system the RAF are looking for. (Future Offensive Air System). Possible designs range from new fighters with UAV wingmen, to cruise missiles.

I've seen some of the designs, and although I can't mention them, some are bloody amazing! (Although they will never get off the ground in my opinion)

Would be interresting to know who sells more, Israel or Germany

The chart says Germany, or am I reading it wrong? rock.gif

You were the last I expected such an answer from. Ever had a look on the flags next to Germany and Israel?! tounge_o.gif

But as you are a lady I guess it's alright - you concentrate more on words while gents look more on the pictures biggrin_o.gif

The flags look fine to me...

Edit: maybe the graphics got fixed. But while Israel may export quite some weaponry, it would surprise me very much if they'd sell more than Germany. We sell a lot of heavy stuff like the Leopard or submarines, plus a lot of light weapons (HK anyone?). Also how are european products counted? Like the Tiger, the Eurofighter or other co-productions - if you count our share in them it's probably even more... Nothing to be proud of, tho.

it would surprise me very much if they'd sell more than Germany.

Yeah, it seems that every european country which can afford them or dont make their own buys leopards. blues.gif

Bah, they fixed it now - they had the israeli flag next to Germany and vice versa...

Yepp, it would have surprised me if Israel sold more weapons then Germany.

Actually we sold some submarines and Fuchs APCs to Israel this year...

And I'm glad that we didn't sell our Leo's to Turkey last year. Our governement wasn't sure about the state of human rights in Turkey and so weren't the German people.

$33ker @ Sep. 11 2003,16:49)]Actually we sold some submarines and Fuchs APCs to Israel this year...

And I'm glad that we didn't sell our Leo's to Turkey last year. Our governement wasn't sure about the state of human rights in Turkey and so weren't the German people.

Bah, Turkey have enough hardware.

You know you wanna sell those juicy Leo 2's to Greece, don't you wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

So they decided to buy one of the best (maybe even the best) MBT in the world.. the Yatagan (Turkish name for the Oplot MBT)

Which is an upgraded T-84 except with a 120mm Cannon( which can fire NATO shells)

The T-84 is an update of the T-80 btw wink_o.gif

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T84/oplot_1.jpg

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T84/oplot_2.jpg

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T84/oplot_3.jpg

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T84/oplot_4.jpg

Greece already has some Leo's AFAIK. wink_o.gif

And the last time I checked the M60 still was Turkeys main tank. smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Sep. 11 2003,17:09)]Greece already has some Leo's AFAIK. wink_o.gif

We have Leo 1's, not 2's, AFAIK.

The thing with Greece is, all the hardware stays in use, nothing gets phased out!

We still have over 1000 M-48's, most used as semi-fixed defensive artillery positions or target practise, we also have M-60s and use those too.

One of our friends, he was doing National Service in the mid-80s. During another crisis with Turkey, he had to drive his fuel truck from the petrol station to the airfield. For self-defense he was given a mighty........M1 Garand wow_o.gif It wasn't even working crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

$33ker @ Sep. 11 2003,17:09)]Greece already has some Leo's AFAIK. wink_o.gif

We have Leo 1's, not 2's, AFAIK.

The thing with Greece is, all the hardware stays in use, nothing gets phased out!

We still have over 1000 M-48's, most used as semi-fixed defensive artillery positions or target practise, we also have M-60s and use those too.

One of our friends, he was doing National Service in the mid-80s. During another crisis with Turkey, he had to drive his fuel truck from the petrol station to the airfield. For self-defense he was given a mighty........M1 Garand wow_o.gif It wasn't even working crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Sorry, didn't know which Leo's you've got there. But greece is not the only country with the old Leopard1. Remember Canada and Australia. wink_o.gif

[...]

We still have over 1000 M-48's, most used as semi-fixed defensive artillery positions or target practise, [...]

Just wondering, you use the M-48's to shoot, not as targets to shoot at, right? tounge_o.gif

greece bought a few french vehicles , VBL's and VAB's , am i wrong ?

-edit-

cuz i remember seeing a pic of a Greek VAB with a Creuzot-Loire turret .... or .... i might be confusing with the Cyprus Greek guard

[...]

We still have over 1000 M-48's, most used as semi-fixed defensive artillery positions or target practise, [...]

Just wondering, you use the M-48's to shoot, not as targets to shoot at, right?  tounge_o.gif

From what people tell me - both smile_o.gif

Obviously, when they are targets they are neither armed nor manned wink_o.gif

Ran, I am not sure, it is very well possible though, we also have both M113s AND BMPs wow_o.gif Our military is a bastard military, buying hardware left, right and centre biggrin_o.gif