Sign in to follow this  
Dauragon

Nogovan police units

And the pack is damn good for me and i already made  acool mission with it.

Mind if I can have a copy? smile_o.gif

Well what for me is a cool mission is a joke for you since i never know much about editing... just put abit life into a few towns and some policemen who talk about how boring it is and then two streetracers passa tfull speed and you must chase them now... all total basic not really a mission with a goal just a lil bit playing around with the cool police stuff... maybe a update could have apolicemen with helmet for the bike?

MAybe someone uses my idea to create a real mission smile_o.gif

Well I can't change the addon itself, as I use it for multiplayer and this would probably cause an error message, however I will most likely just try to modify the script and replace that (from a full prize game btw) ripped sound file with one free content sound of my choice. I for one think that continously suggesting alternatives to a non-freeware sound can be considered constructive in some way. ah well, end of story. I just change the sound for my mission....somehow. rock.gif

I can´t understand this "discussion" about the Siren Sound.

DM decided to use the "german martinshorn".

Got it?

His release, his choice which sound!

---

If someone wants anotherone, make it by yourself.

---

Ah! You don´t know how?

Ask how it works!!!

---

You can´t use in Multiplayer with your custom sound?

Uhm, to bad, but this means that more ppl like the sound as it is.

---

All calm down and use this fantastic civilian addon! We don´t have so much!

MfG Lee mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Not bitching, but I found a small bug with the good ol' cycle... There's no working brakelight when you brake... Don't take this as bitching... It's no biggie to me, but I thought you'd like to know. tounge_o.gif

ARGH!!!!

Its a SOUND!!! a freaking 1.4 second SOUND!!!

Sorry guys, but this has brought me to, and beyond breaking point...

I didn't have to release this addon, but since you guys seemed to want one so bad, I thought, what the heck, lets polish it up, add mohax's kewl scripts, and make summatfun for everyone...

Now I'm begining to wish I didn't bother...

If its not the model, or the textures, you lot will find something to bitch about...

Can't you just accept it for what it is, and be greatful that people even make addons in the first place...

Sorry for being pissy, but this was the last straw, I gave you this out of the kindness of my own heart, and most of you have simply pissed on it...

/me = VERY PISSED OFF (and a might stressed)

Sorry if I aided in pissing you off in some way. The addon is looking good as I mentioned before. Can't wait for tomorrow to play with it.

Everyone has a choice right now: either start speaking to each other like civilized adults, or be post restricted.

If the squabbling continues much longer this thread will be locked.

Thank you, Deadmeat, for making this great addon. I always thought that the police jeep needed lights and siren.

The police bike is fantastic! Really goes well with the rest of the gear. Besides all this, i think its admirable how you caught on on the original police car addon and made it bigger and better in such a short time.

I am sure you got plenty other work (BAS and "real life") to do as well, which makes it even more commendable. Do not let the static in here stop your efforts to make the OFP world more beautifull. I, for one, salute you for it.

Thanks guys, especially you Lee, explaining it nice and clearly, so everyone can understand.

Anyho, I'm sorry for being an ass last night, but it just got to me, and I couldn't help myself, it had to be done...

Anyho,

@Cpt. Bazikian - this has been fixed in the update (which will be out soon), not really sure how the hell I missed that one crazy_o.gif

Ohh well I will never understand why english speaking people have a discussion phobia. We can lick the creator's ass (figure of speech), we can "bitch" about some polygons but we can't discuss a detail.

(you got it. now I'm pissed too - sorry for that)

And Lee. We got what DM said. Some changed their sound (as I did - i'm telling it the third time now). Still we like to discuss this matter. We don't say: "DM make another sound or this AddOn sucks!"

We say things like: "it's from a german fire truck" - that's an information. It wasn't "The AddOn sucks because the sound is from a german fire truck!" - that would be bitching about it.

And we say "for some people it's wierd" or "when you hear that sound daily it feels very wrong [...] but you don't have to change it" - again it's information. An it was repeatedly and clearly expressed that the sound can stay.

This is still a goddamn forum.

Quote[/b] ]b : a public meeting place for open discussion

If DM has a problem with this discussion he doesn't have to join it. He can just ignore it after he made clear that he won't change the siren sound. The discussion would have been over by know. I am sure.

This discussion is still ten times better than the "Wehn is <insert the AddOn of your choice here> comming out?rock.gif" thingy.

(ok now I'm less pissed - sorry if I pissed anybody off now - I will end this discussion from my part because it has nothing to too with the addon anymore - so if you want me to reply then PM me.)

[not pissed mode on]

Ok so I'm really looking forward to the next version of this great AddOn. I had much fun playing with it and espeacially combined with the Police Mi-2 from NO Team.

Now the only thing that's missing is a police station ;) Well maybe someone will make one one day.

Donnervogel - whilst I appreciate what you are saying, I really don't need to be told 8, 9 or 10 times (lost count now) that its the "martinshorn" from a German firetruck... you'd think I'd figure that one out the first time its said...

Like I have allready said, the first time it was mentioned, I replied, and said that I liked the sound, and since I made the addon, it was my decision to keep it that way. That was discussion.

What I did not need, was 2 or 3 more people jumping on the band wagon, and saying "...its a martinshorn, (please) change it..." THAT was bitching...

Whilst I DO respect the input that you guys have given me - the bits that didn't work, the ideas for improvement and so on, I didn't need to be told/asked over and over and over again about the siren, when a definative answer was given first time round...

Oh, and Donnervogel, I think you will find that I have no phobia about discussion, its actually one of the things I love doing, as long as its constructive...

[Edit] Another thing Donnervogel, I've known you in the community, and I know you are one of the good guys, thanks for your support, and your relatively un-biased view in this topic smile_o.gif

I can't beleive there's such a fuss of a siren sound, so what if it's of a German Fire Engine, I'm sure you can find the same siren in use in other countries in the world and not necessarily on a Fire Engine.

Personally I quite like it, it reminds me of the old air horn sirens the Police cars, Fire engines and Ambulances used to have here in the UK before they went all electronic.

I said it before and I'll say it again, a great fun addon from both DM and the original maker of the Gaz (sorry name escapes me)

Whats wrong with the sounds if you all dont like it turn off your sound or dont use the siren, DM did a great job i have said it before but let it be smile_o.gif

he has a point.. if u dont like the siren u can easily have the lights on with out the siren so there was never a problem

@DM

Is there a chance to see a nogo policie bus like this one?:

NogovaPolicie4.jpg

Yes, again a simple photoshop fake.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

why would police use a bus? i never saw any police force in a bus smile_o.gif

To carry prisoners or so smile_o.gif but on a small Island like Nogova.. I don't think it is of much use..

why would police use a bus? i never saw any police force in a bus  smile_o.gif

E.G.:

BV10.jpg

A bus is needed to carry many policemen.

I think for DM, reskin that bus and give it the siren will be a simple job, and we have a police unit more.

MfG Lee

Why so it is a lot of conversations because of sound in this addition?

Personally it too has not liked me (in the USSR a sound Siren's another was), but I here have not told a word about it.

The sound is not so important.

In the different countries different sound signals were used - everyone is glad to hear to what has got used.

I was interested much more with lacks with illumination and wrong work of the control panel on mine GAZ with the new version script's from DeadMeatXM2. At inclusion of Light only, the panel turns out pivoted. And now I think, how to change it so that to you the download the final version GAZ, it was not required to update this addon.

In my opinion - these problems now it is more important, than a sound.

@DM

Is there a chance to see a nogo policie bus like this one?:

NogovaPolicie4.jpg

Yes, again a simple photoshop fake.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

why would police use a bus? i never saw any police force in a bus  smile_o.gif

I like it

nice way 2

- Transport Riot Squad

- Criminals

- A lot of Police Man

- High Way patrol, Alcohol Team(in the NL whe have it dont no if other countries has)

- Important People in a large group with A lot of Bodyguard

Shall i continue?

we have drug squads with sniffer dogs biggrin_o.gif

Nice biggrin_o.gif We all need to put our ideas together and put it in a big "wishlist" wink_o.gif

i dont think deadmeat is gonna bother seeing the way you treated his sirens blues.gif

i dont think deadmeat is gonna bother seeing the way you treated his sirens  blues.gif

Do you mean me?

I have only said good things about his Sirens

I liked it

I was the guy who said that all those wimps stopped bitching about it because the sounds was great mad_o.gif