Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Opf 2 not gonna be released at 2004.

I j ust realized I immediately identified first two image's location.....must get a life... tounge_o.gif

lol, I recognized all three. says something about my social life, no? crazy_o.gif

It's important to note that BIS doesnt use others engines, they write their own stuff from ground up. Developing games like that takes time, it should take time. If they didn't take their time then people would start bitching at once about "old engine", "bugs" etc.

I personally hope BIS does this project thouroughly rather than sloppily(no risc there) so we can all enjoy a great sim in 2005 (or whenever). I hope they invest more time into team AI, realistic platoon maneuvers etc so it becomes the de facto standard for realistic combat sims.

Plus; With games like Söldner and other neighbouring sims BIS gets the opportunity to see what works and what doesnt work in other games.

BM

I have translated the interview announced on our site. It is from the Czech game server Doupe.cz. I hope it will be usefull for you. smile_o.gif You will find translated interview at OFP.info.

so sad, oh well, atleast it's gonna let us more than enough time to save money for it and go now play the new games coming end of this year and begining of 2004 smile_o.gif

battlefield vietnam should be fun

flying upside down letting of napalm

grabbing an m60 and letting rip into that noisy bush over there

and winning the game

;)

Plus;

It will also allow hardware to catch up a bit more. Far from everyone can run OFP 1/RES at full settings with good results as it is.

BM

$33ker @ Oct. 12 2003,15:32)]
Hey! That pilot has new standing animations! Cool! wow_o.gif

He's just unarmed... tounge_o.gif

A new pilot with pistol only - no rifle!

Better like this.

Hands seem to look a lot nicer!

exactly BBSmith a piece of art takes time, it is defiantley worth the wait, the OFP community is still growing and growing fast, I have a couple of friends that thought when OFP looked really bad, then i showed them and now they are hooked to ofp like me, I have been hooked to OFP since it was released in the UK, I still play it everday for a good few hours.

The finished product will excellent, I'm sure. Of course, for all we know, the delay is caused by a great disturbance in the Force caused by my 56k modem screaming "NOOOOOOOOO! YOU DON'T NEED THE DEMO, WAIT FOR THE FINAL RELEASE! AGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!".

I know that everybody will hate me after this post but....

I don't understand the reason of this shift in time.....

They clearly said that they'll use the SAME engine of the first ofp; all this time for some addons on an existing engine?

And again, for me one of the most exiting things of ofp was fighting in a conteporary scenario with (almost) actual weapons an vehicles.

Sure Biz know their work, but I'd really have preferred a (fantasy) scenario of this century instead of Vietnam or WWII that have already been IPER-sfructated and don't mean anything to me.

Bye

There's no WWII in OFP2...

This delay thing is not that bad. I'll have more time getting better hardware.

There's an interesting titbit of info from The Spy section of the latest PC Gamer UK.

"For those looking for carnage, you can put some money on a certain Cold War squad shooter arriving in some guise in 2004. Not a full-blown sequel to the massive-selling original, but more than an addon pack. It'll be new and exciting, and should hold the fan base together until the sequel appears, possibly in 2005."

While OFP isn't actually mentioned by name, I can't think of anything else it could possibly be, so it looks like BIS could release something to keep us going til OPF2. If this is true, hopefully it will include JIP for multiplayer and other new XBOX content.

There's an interesting titbit of info from The Spy section of the latest PC Gamer UK.

"For those looking for carnage, you can put some money on a certain Cold War squad shooter arriving in some guise in 2004. Not a full-blown sequel to the massive-selling original, but more than an addon pack. It'll be new and exciting, and should hold the fan base together until the sequel appears, possibly in 2005."

While OFP isn't actually mentioned by name, I can't think of anything else it could possibly be, so it looks like BIS could release something to keep us going til OPF2. If this is true, hopefully it will include JIP for multiplayer and other new XBOX content.

The rumor mill grind again! smile_o.gif

or maybe Xbox one. the article does not say whether the subject of news is on Pc platform or not.