Sign in to follow this  
Spy17

Mix your perfect game

after playing UT 2003 i'd like ragdoll physics too!

it'd have to be a pretty big explosion to get you going

but like if you're hit in the middle of your back while in mid air on UT2003 your body kinda folds around it, then you fall down

which is cool!!!

Hmm, i cant crazy_o.gif !

because you all talk about old games and OPF2 will only be released in 2005, so far 2004 seems to be a very promising year in game development.

I could say i would like OPF2 to have the graphics, and all the quality from the Cry Engine, 2km view distance, that poly bump thingy, beautyfull swimable water, almost everything!

Gameplay is most important,of course the graphics will be up to date (not that i care much)

Good examples of great gameplay do mostly come from some older games,so what.

AA would indeed be a good game to get (some) inspiration from,i liked the useful bipods a lot.

Oh,btw in Tribes2 i loved shooting my mortar from the transports,hehe.Really have to reinstall that game.

The best ragdoll effects these days are in the far cry demo!

For the first time (as far as I know) bodys do not only interact with the surroundings but also with other bodys. If you shoot 2 at the same spot their bodys will not "melt" into each other they will not be overlapping. For te firet time they will be piled up ontop of each other!

HD2: I like the inventory system in this game. You can use backpacks, put a rifle over your shoulder or use enemy uniforms.

mmmm, maybe even bullet time from max payne??

Freedom of movement from Project IGI games

Team support movement and shooting as in Call of Duty

The ability to carry two main weapons as in Call of Duty (for example a M4 and a sniper rifle...for instance)

CQB as in DFBHD or Rainbow Six series

Stealth as in Splitter Cell

smile_o.gif

mmmm, maybe even bullet time from max payne??

Freedom of movement from Project IGI games

Team support movement and shooting as in Call of Duty

The ability to carry two main weapons as in Call of Duty (for example a M4 and a sniper rifle...for instance)

CQB as in DFBHD or Rainbow Six series

Stealth as in Splitter Cell

smile_o.gif

Call of Duty doesn't hae any of those features, just loads of scripted sequences that give the illusion that it does: which is crap and I'd rather OFP2 didn't have.

Quote[/b] ]physics from UT2k4 and the ragdoll system (scaled down)
Are they better than the far cry ones?
Quote[/b] ]The ability to carry two main weapons as in Call of Duty (for example a M4 and a sniper rifle...for instance)

Thats the nice thing about the HD2 inventory. It is possible to bring two rifles but because they add a lot of weight to you (rifle and ammo) it is not often that you would choose to bring two. (unlike most FPS where you allways bring more than one rifle).

Neverwinter nights:

-Emotes

-Character customization

-Some roleplay elements, ie economy, bars, getting liqoured

-Inventory system, allows you to open packs and has a volume not just wieght.

-Attribute system, make your character stronger to carry more or faster runner etc.

-Skill system, a basic one at least where you do training missions to learn skills like pilot, repair, medic, drive, also unlocks various vehicles during gameplay so if an empty one is enountered the player can use it. Kinda like AA as well where you need to do sniper course to get sniper rifle.

Fallout series:

-Similar to above

Sims:

-Random AI actions, when unit p;aced on map they will do more than just stand there. May wander a bit or smoke a cigarette etc.

AA

-Sounds best I've heard so far

-Weapon animations

-Weapon Jamming

AA:

Bipods

Peeking

Sound Quality

Jamming

Overhand/Underhand Grenade Throwing

Grenade Cooking

DFBHD:

Shooting From Helicopters

Red Faction (The mod that can make holes in the wall or in the ground)

Hitman (Dead people look really...dead)

Max Payne (Real great texture and special effects)

Call of Duty (Nice Stalingrad, really urban hell)

Soldner (or something like that) (Making building to rumble and changing uniforms)

More is maybe comming.

Hope u get the idea smile_o.gif

-EDIT-

This could be a laggy game

Jeeze, why does everyone forget the navy....  rock.gif

Harpoon series

-  Accurate simulation of naval warfare

-  Getting some bloody naval support and marine landing units

-  Satellite intellegence

Janes Fleet Command

-Interactive and very graphical command interface for commanding a theatre of war.

Rainbow Six series

-CQB

Steel Beasts

-Effective and accurate simulation of armored and mechanized infantry warfare.

Janes F/A-18

- Good Air to Air engagements, except when the AI moves out of formation and gets killed.

- Good flight models and aircraft interface

- Realistic aircraft threats and realistic ground based air defenses.

- Cluster muntions effective and adjustable settings easily done via MFD's in the A/G Weapons menu

-Two types of fatal aircraft damage, catestrophic failure (Must eject) and the second type is complete destruction. (Aircraft is blown to pieces and pilot/WSO is dead.)

Falcon 4 of course...

did you notice how funny it is when you can do in multiplayer everything you can do in singleplayer? (I mean dynamic campaigns)

yes, F4 is the only Flight Sim I know which does not limit the MP in a never ending clash of infinite aircrafts in an empty scenario.

Quote[/b] ]Absolutely and unequivocally Jagged Allicance 2.

If OFP2 can take a bunch of ideas from JA2, I would be pretty happy with that.

You and me both!  biggrin_o.gif

I'd be happy right now if a good "non-linear" Ja2 style scenario was made for the current OFP however. That's kind of hard what with the amount of guys you'd need. There'd have to be some kind of dynamic system to deal with only the entities that are necessary to render, and have in the game world at a given time while still maintaining the whole idea of a whole army of troops actually executing maneuvers in the background, so that you can plan and fight against them without random opposition popping up.

An engaging plot and story is a fine feature to add to any game, however having the freedom to plan and adapt to a changing battlefield scenario is more important to me in the long run.

Something that I can start and play for a while, and leave and come back with fresh ideas and new tactics... as would the AI hopefully. An unperdictable outcome and opponent would really add to the whole immersiveness of the experience in my opinion.

Imagine actually performing reconnaisance that actually served a clearly defined purpose and potential benefit insofar as the "bigger picture" is concerned.

JA2 for inventory, Vietcong for cover and AI. smile_o.gif

Absolutely and unequivocally Jagged Allicance 2.

If OFP2 can take a bunch of ideas from JA2, I would be pretty happy with that.

Gee I hope Suma doesn't come up again and say "why don't you just make your own game" wink_o.gif

He did that? wow_o.gif About time. mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Red Faction (The mod that can make holes in the wall or in the ground)

Hitman (Dead people look really...dead)

Max Payne (Real great texture and special effects)

Call of Duty (Nice Stalingrad, really urban hell)

These are all games that don't even come close to matching the size and scope of OFP or I'm assuming it's sequel. Which is why most games have to rely on these gimmicks.

I'd rather not have OFP2 barely run on a computer that costs $4000 dollars.

Longevity.

You will not be playing those games in 3 years.

I could happily play Flashpoint until 2005 and beyond.

Again...

Quote[/b] ]Some of the things in those games are good.

Oh nevermind.. @[#&/(]}@¤(?@€"]´