Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

We have now finshed our Type-69-II's for the demo. In the pics below is the Type-69-II / B which is a command tank and has additional radio attenna as well as some other extra components.

t69iib_1.jpg

t69iib_2.jpg

t69iib_3.jpg

irq_uniforms2.jpg

i've just notice that the patch is flipped (or mirrored, well you know what i mean), i guess by the time you corrected it.

The rest is speechless. really nice looking textures (of both tank and uniforms) ! bravo

can't wait to play with them

i've just notice that the patch is flipped (or mirrored, well you know what i mean), i guess by the time you corrected it.

The rest is speechless. really nice looking textures (of both tank and uniforms) ! bravo

can't wait to play with them

Yeah im sure that can easily be sorted and here are a couple of screens from the demo island.

konkasign.jpg

palmgrove.jpg

wow can't wait notworthy.gif

can you post a map of this island with all the stuff on it (buildings,forests,elevations...etc.)?

Your tanks are top stuff, really impressed by the textures on them.

Your men look equally up to the task of crewing them thumbs-up.gif

I cant wait for your demo, keep up the eye popping work notworthy.gif

Looking good so far.  It is not apparent in your screenshots due to the angles you have selected when you made your in-game pictures, so I have to ask, have you incorporated a semi-circular projection on the rear of the hull (see the picture I am posting below)?

This is one of the best ways to identify a Chinese built vehicle when viewing them from the rear aspect.  The presence of this feature helps make the difference between an accurate model and a not so accurate one.

ExhibitA.jpg

If you look closely, you will notice a weld seam between the bulge and the rest of the vehicle’s hull.

@ Feb. 15 2006,13:56)]Looking good so far.  It is not apparent in your screenshots due to the angles you have selected when you made your in-game pictures, so I have to ask, have you incorporated a semi-circular projection on the rear of the hull (see the picture I am posting below)?

This is one of the best ways to identify a Chinese built vehicle when viewing them from the rear aspect.  The presence of this feature helps make the difference between an accurate model and a not so accurate one.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/M9ACE/ExhibitA.jpg

If you look closely, you will notice a weld seam between the bulge and the rest of the vehicle’s hull.

Yes your right about the bulge on the rear of the hull - i haven't got round to adding that as yet as well as a few other minor details so dont worry they will be added by the time the demo is released.

Excellent, I am glad to hear that.  There are those of us out there that appreciate the effort addon makers go through to make their addons as close to the real thing as possible and reasonably technically correct.

I wanted to point out a few more details of interest (reference the following pictures):

1. You might want to alter the appearance of the searchlight  to more closely reflect what is visible here.

2. Take note of the appearance of the ventilator dome and the circular flat on the top of it.

3. Take note of the covered headlight guard.  I would say about 8/9 out of 10 Iraqi Type69-II tanks had this tread-plate material covering the headlight assemblies.

4. You might want to modify the splash board on the glacis so that it no longer has a notched out area for the headlight assembly as seen on a T55.  It would not be the end of the world to leave it as it is now since parts sometimes ended up being interchanged between T55s and Type69-IIs, but it would take your model further as to making it more unique to the appearance of a Chinese made vehicle.

ExhibitB.jpg

ExhibitC.jpg

hey hey! you overruned the databank.

where did you get those photos from?! i thought i searched everywhere... seems that not...

can you get pictures of iraq T-55QM/QM2 mod. tanks?

those are very rare... i haven't seen any pictures, thought i know that those were with other barrels(115 and 125mm)

Nice... wow_o.gif everything just look inlove.gif guys

That is the most beautiful middle eastern island I have *EVER* seen... it reminds me too much of desert strike...

*hides in corner with toy apache awaiting release*

Hi there Gedis, I am glad that you liked the pictures.  I found those pictures on a now defunct website.  With regard to the upgraded T55s, they really are of no account.  I do not remember seeing any pictures of those in the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf War-and ditto that for the 2003 Gulf War.  The only pictures I ever remember seeing of those tanks are from an arms exposition that took place in Baghdad back in 1989.  I am pretty confident the Iraqis never did go into any type of full-scale upgrade program with that design.  I know in some circles there is a lot of interest in these upgraded tanks, but that excitement is not well placed.

@ Feb. 16 2006,14:00)]Hi there Gedis, I am glad that you liked the pictures.  I found those pictures on a now defunct website.  With regard to the upgraded T55s, they really are of no account.  I do not remember seeing any pictures of those in the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf War-and ditto that for the 2003 Gulf War.  The only pictures I ever remember seeing of those tanks are from an arms exposition that took place in Baghdad back in 1989.  I am pretty confident the Iraqis never did go into any type of full-scale upgrade program with that design.  I know in some circles there is a lot of interest in these upgraded tanks, but that excitement is not well placed.

Despite this we still plan to included there versions at a later date as they existed even in a small amount.

I have pics of the T-55 QM from its display at Baghdad 1989 but i have managed to find a pic of a T-55 QM2 which was being drivin about in what looks like some desert terrain - cant say it was an Iraqi one but it looked good and i'll have to find the pic of it. I do have it somewhere

Right a small update i finally got round to making the dshk which goes on our nice T-55/Type 69-II's. This needs texturing and i have to finish off a few little bits on the mounting but its almost done.

dshk_demo.jpg

Okay to continue the discussion about the modified T55's, maybe you can help me to identify this one:

t72z_007.jpg

The picture says it's a T72Z, but it's not meant to be the Iranian Type 72Z with 105mm gun, is it?

The Type 72Z should look like this,

10_002.jpg

so I ask myself, what tank is it on the first picture?

that's 105mm gun? i think this gun is from T-62, 115mm gun or T-72 125mm gun(because i don't know that 115mm gun could be so long)

that's 105mm gun? i think this gun is from T-62, 115mm gun or T-72 125mm gun(because i don't know that 115mm gun could be so long)

The T-55QM2 as its known uses the 125mm gun from a T-72 and its pictured in the first of those pics.

The T-72Z is an Iranian modification and is as you say in the second pic.

The T-55QM2 as its known uses the 125mm gun from a T-72 and its pictured in the first of those pics.

So that's how the T55QM2 looks like, and what about the T55QM? I searched the whole Inet, but didn't find one image.

So that's how the T55QM2 looks like, and what about the T55QM? I searched the whole Inet, but didn't find one image.

The T-55 QM is similar to a normal T-55 just has the 105 mm L7 gun instead and what looks to me like british smoke dispensers on the side of the turret too. But as i said i'll have to find the one and only pic i have of the T-55 QM

Generically speaking, an intelligent individual will realize of course that the absence of evidence is of course not necessarily proof that something does not exist.  Conversely, one must consider all relevant factors when researching anything properly and be able to rule out or regard as unlikely certain things that are not viable based on available information.  Over the many years I have been researching the Iraqi military, I have come across a few surprising things.  It is not an impossibility that these upgraded vehicles did see combat, but still unlikely.  I still stand by what I said in my previous post.

I also have or have seen pictures of an up-armored BMP-1 (only the hull), BMP based ambulance that is similar to the stock BIS BMP ambulance, T54/T55 chassis with 160mm mortar in place of a turret, and more from the 1989 exposition.  Some of these might have amounted to no more than prestige projects designed to impress the neighbors.  

If I saw the picture you are talking about RTR Commander I might be able to make an accurate determination as to what is being pictured.  

With regard to the first picture that King Homer posted, RTR Commander is correct in saying that it is a 125mm gun.  It is a gun barrel is of Iraqi manufacture.  The base vehicle is a Type69-II with the roof panels raised approximately 6â€(15.24cm).  Also, there is a circular ejection port on the top rear of the turret.

At a glance, the second picture that King Homer posted looks like an Iranian vehicle that appears to be derived from a T54.  It is not unlike some Soviet T54MVs with regard to the arrangement of the ERA bricks.

If you guys want to make a model of something different/rare/not modeled in OFP that actually saw combat*, just let me know and I would be happy to make a couple suggestions.

* = Or at least was abandoned on the battlefield.

I just wanted to share some additional photos of typical Iraqi Type69-II tanks in hopes they are of use.

Type69-IIa.jpg

Type69-IIb.jpg

Type69-IIc.jpg

Type69-IId.jpg

Type69-IIe.jpg

Type69-IIf.jpg

Hi guys

whats about your vegetation Pack that you have postet on OFPInfo

Is it released or where can i find it?

So I can need it for my Afghanistan Campaign. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks and Greetings

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

you mean you wanna use it?

well it's not released yet. we permanently update it cos it's actually part of the objects pack for our island.

this again will be released with our demo. but i cannot tell you when this is going to be released. really... we even cannot give you an estimate - only that it is not within the range of a few weeks.

so better plan your afghan stuff without it, sorry. we're only a small team, you know...

btw. a similar question has been asked a few days ago in our forums... @ofp.info.

Ok i plan without this Pack. sad_o.gif

No Problem.

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

Sorry about that but im sure once our demo has been released you can re-release your island with objects from our pack maybe.

Good luck anyway!