Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war: vietnam pack

Understandable. Screen shots of that beautiful island would be a nice carryover though wink_o.gif

Seriously, those shots you posted have me wanting this as much as that elusive island from Ballistic smile_o.gif

I made some times ago an addon for Vietnam theater : AEOmisc

If you want to incorporate it or re-use it, you have my permission and support smile_o.gif

I havent dloaded this yet 'cos i have a monthly limit to dloads  sad_o.gif

What this Aeon?

You have burnable huts and some new buildings like an alter. Some good sound files to use in triggers are also included. That’s all that springs to mind, sorry if I forgot anything.

You have burnable huts and some new buildings like an alter. Some good sound files to use in triggers are also included. That’s all that springs to mind, sorry if I forgot anything.

Thanks smile_o.gif

To hell with dload limits,burnable huts is my thing biggrin_o.gif

Dloading now

Thanks  smile_o.gif

To hell with dload limits,burnable huts is my thing  biggrin_o.gif  

Dloading now

Pyro!  wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Edit: just to keep this post OT, whatever happened to the nice napalm effects that people kept talking about? I know at one point I even had a video of napalm explosions... looked pretty awesome. But whatever became of it?

OK, I'll stop crying for release dates if you give us at least 6 pics wow_o.gif , including a 1 or 2 pics of LZ X-Ray biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Edit: just to keep this post OT, whatever happened to the nice napalm effects that people kept talking about? I know at one point I even had a video of napalm explosions... looked pretty awesome. But whatever became of it?

pretty old...I gave up Vietnam addon since I know OFP2 will set Vietnam conflict. But if someday we have a decent Skyraider with big bomb, I could maybe retail it with napalm

Thanks  smile_o.gif

Dloading now

Edit: just to keep this post OT, whatever happened to the nice napalm effects that people kept talking about?  I know at one point I even had a video of napalm explosions... looked pretty awesome.  But whatever became of it?

napalm has been out ages. dl the support pack from Syper

Thanks  smile_o.gif

Dloading now

Edit: just to keep this post OT, whatever happened to the nice napalm effects that people kept talking about?  I know at one point I even had a video of napalm explosions... looked pretty awesome.  But whatever became of it?

napalm has been out ages. dl the support pack from Syper

The Napalm effect from Snypir looks different to the one that MSMS_KDXer is talkin about.

That was the video with the Hardcore soundtrack and a DKM Bronco against the SEB VC´s, really well done and fuckin nice explosions.

I can´t remember who made it but the filename is TJnapalm.mpg and in the hires version of the vid there´s a splashcreen at the end wich shows "Ballistic Addon Studios", so i assume it was TJ from BAS biggrin_o.gif

You want napalm? The Chain of Command pack is working on some very awesome napalm, them being math geniuses and all. I'll post a few of the pics thatthey have previously publicly posted, but keep in mind these are alpha/etc, and not final..

But, in the end, they flood open spaces and set people on fire. (Meaning dorp them in a street, the napalm rushes down said street volumetrically)

This is the only one I could find in my ofpec log, but I had some much better shots:

http://www.ostapowich.com/joel/Gaming/ofp/CoCNapalm/lipanyroast.jpg

In any case, I had a few pictures which clearly showed individual burning people... but, yeah, coc has some r0x0r napalm going on. it will eventually be released when it's released, but the reason it hsn't been yet, is because they're perfecting it. Which means it'll just get better and better... Oh, and that picture is many months old, too.

The pack should include WP also, and it'll probably be released with unified artillery.

No, I don't want napalm, I want the island that this thread is about tounge_o.gif .

Oh why not. But I have so little time now it's awful. Please I could use help in 4 areas: scripting - like for cameras and multiplayer dialogs; modeling, can always use more objects for more variety; wrp area for a fully realistic plei me; and I want someone to explain to me which lod blocks AI vision and/or why AI vision seems so inconsistent.

A lot of stuff I was going to leave out I think I will try to get in now, since all the best new vietnam games are delayed too, it appears to be less of an urgency.

On the napalm subject, I actually made an extremely detailed and complex but laggy napalm script that is insane, it's like looking into hell, I should get you some screens on this island.

I've made yellow versions of grass textures, etc for the open areas, but since I keep improving on the objects that they are made for, I wont put in these modified objects until the end so no yellow screens yet. Sad excuse, I suppose I could show xray soon...

Heres more screens like the others - but trust me when I tell you there are foliage objects in use you have yet to see. I opted for less dense grass in many areas -such as those shown- so you can still see a bit when prone. These screens are unlike the others in that they are not edited for size, they just have extra jpg compression.

This first one is an older one so the objects are already improved on, it was just a rainy firefight I tried.

uwar_v7.jpg

uwar_v8.jpg

I have an idea.

Release date Nov. 30th BUT WAIT: Subtract one week for each $300 I recieve in donations between now and then unclesam.gif Just email me and we can arrange something with pay pal. You can hold me to this, since it would be possible for me to quit work and schoolwork and release a quick and slightly limited early version.

wow! that really does look amazing. i cant wait for this. wow_o.gif

Is that release date set in stone, or will the map possibly be released earlier than that? Also, will there be a beta version (I'll do camera scripting if you want it biggrin_o.gif )

Also, how does this map perform on your computer when you have a battle going?

Dont sweat us, really, Thru. We just really like what we see. I understand entirely about the time too. Why, if I was actually doing any work, I'd probably have no time either tounge_o.gif

Seriously, you could try getting help in the Oxygen forum section, or at OFPEC. I'm sure we aren't the only ones who want it, and I'm sure there are some out there who want it and can help, too. I would gladly volunteer, except I am at best extremely limited in terms of ability.

Thanks for the shots though, its looking very good biggrin_o.gif

No seriously, its no problem for me to accept large monetary donations smile_o.gif

It looks like I will be joining "The Unsung" team.. or they will join me. Everyone should benefit in any case.

My original intention was to make unscripted gameplay for multiple game types and addons, under the "unscripted war" name, but I do not have enough support to do that, so I'll concentrate solely on vietnam.

You may find this interesting, it is part of a message I sent to 'The Captain' which explains my reason for choosing Vietnam gameplay:

Quote[/b] ]

I was originally inspired to begin working on Unscripted War back in august 2002 when I realized that, with the new Resistance scripting abilities, there is no limit to the size or realism in recreation of a military scenario. I realized that it would be possible to remove the linear mission gameplay completely and play out an entire war in one mission, if only enough calculations were done to create and destroy men around you and simulate behavior on a larger scale so that pre-defined waypoints, or even triggers, were not necessary.

My first work on Unscripted War was just regular flashpoint units, east vs west, on nogova. Although this unreleased game was very fun in many ways, it was flawed because of the flaws inherent in the unrealistic aspects of Flashpoint itself. After enough work, the realistic nature of using modern weapons began to become clear: modern weapons are no fun and Nogova is much too small for a modern conflict. As soon as the enemy would obtain Frogfoots, MI-24 Hinds, or V-80s, he would strafe across my bases and completely obliterate all my tanks, unless I had good AA, in which case he would be dead before he could reach me. If he had artillery or bombing capabilities, I would also stand no chance having been located in such a relatively small area. It is not hard to find anything on nogova. If I did not give the enemy hinds or artillery, I could simply sweep an outnumbering force of Abrams, as soon as I got them, across the entire Nogova map within a couple hours without worrying, because as soon as you outnumber the enemy by enough - you will always win - this is completely different from the CWC or Resistance campaigns because the only way to make it so you can lose is to make the enemy outnumber the players side. Of course to make the enemy outnumber my large force in even just certain areas would require too much of a performance hit. The most upsetting part of all was that each battle ocurrance would start and finish so quickly I could barely get off any shots, no matter what I was playing as, unless the enemy had the ability to be instantly moved after creation to the area just outside the point of conflict. But in this instance of a seemingly endless battle over the same area, the player only needs to keep moving to continue to take area, the way Patton did so well in WW2, the reason the Gulf War and Op Iraqi Freedom were so successful. So it came to me that there were 2 possible solutions: Either scale everything down to a totally unrealistic level and limit the amount of reinforcements to the point of often aggravating the player, OR, use a military scenario in which the problems of modern weapons would be nonexistent and one in which infantry combat would be the primary focus. The Seb Nap Pack 2 seemed to be an ideal way to go. Of course, it only happened later on in development so not as much specialization work for vietnam exists now, but with my new island it should.

Captain doesn't have enough support for what he wants to do either, sadly. Hes trying for gamplay even farther from the CWC campaign than even my Unscripted War mission.

http://members.fortunecity.com/thruyersternum/

Thru was polite enough to give "The Unsung" team a copy smile_o.gif

With my 600mhz, it is a tiny bit laggy, but performs quite well, so no problems for anyone with a 1ghz+.

As of now, I'm pretty sure Thru will release it alone, but I haven't heard anything new.