Sign in to follow this  
Sxep

Mohax´s hang glider!

That's a good question. Actually there is a very old addon where somebody made one. It was pre-resistance however. Maybe someone can dig it up, fix it up and re-release it.

I'm sure that since its release and all the new updates to OFPR, that it could be made much better. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the addon or who made it.

The tricky part however would be figuring out how to get it to replace the current parachute when you jump out of a plane. If I remember correctly I believe the old one required scripts in the map editor to get it to work properly. It also was very buggy.

But yeah it would be awesome to have something like that for HALO missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You mean (ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/21vbGlider.zip) 21vbGlider by Gandalf 21VB??? I think it rocks, should have been the standard chute by now. But indeed the controlles aren't so realictic, (but it very accurate... can land in 5m circle with some luck  wink_o.gif  ) but everything is better then a non-controlleble chute.

PS: Don't want to go off-topic, but we still don't have a controlleble "float-swim" addon (animation)  sad_o.gif  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

What I'd rather see is animations for horses based upon a vehicle class or perhaps a soldier class with modified animations to fit a animal model.

I'm not sure if anyone has attempted this or not.

But after seeing the custom animations in this addon it makes me hopeful that maybe it is possible.

What I would like to see is a good bayonet stabbing movement mixed with the "kick/punch" dammage system that nobody has used yet for weapons used in hand to hand combat. Yet it's there in OFP and it causes dammage.

It would be great if someone explored this to see if it was possible to create a more refined hand to hand combat system using knives, bayonets, spears, ect...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]What I would like to see is a good bayonet stabbing movement

Well Miles Teg you are in luck i am working on one right now and it is about 25% complete.

custom animation makes many things possible in OFP,

but we need someone who is interested in it,

it is hard, and would take up a lots of times.......

(i wonder is there any addon team is interested/ working on a real controlable chutes.........)

I am interesting in Custom Animations or i wouldn't be doing it

*On topic* very nice work love the Running anims and the genreal feel of it great work Mohax

That's awesome news Rouge1!!! I can't wait to see your addons when they're done!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>