Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Some interesting script ideas...

I have a few interesting script ideas, and since I can barely make a simple script, I can't do them myself:

-Water/Food: You have to eat and drink, if you do not your health will lower after 3 game hours (no one plays for a whole week straight tounge_o.gif ), same with eating. Of course any food addons needed I can make if the scripter wants to (MRE's, canteens, etc). Also if food is bad and you eat it,it can lower for example 20% of your health.

-Sleeping: You must sleep for at least 4 (for example) hours a day, or else after 1-2 days you will pass out, where you won't die but you will lie there and be vulnerable, also maybe 10% of your health will be taken away to make things interesting. Might be a bit hard but nonetheless possible I think.

-Weapon malfunctions: perhaps an eventhandler can be used for this? I don't think randomization is possible, but say 300 shots from an M16 (Vietnam model) and it will jam, in which you will have to fix it (the "adding on mortar" animation would suffice). Obviously just 300 rounds because again for gameplay purposes no one would play long enough to fire more than 1000-2000 shots.

-Engine problems on cars: Perhaps on crappier cars (Russian cars come to mind) the engine can overheat, but I think it would be better if something like this was incorporated into the addon rather than an external script.

I think these sorts of scripts would be extremely cool since it would add tons of realism to the game. smile_o.gif

Food/water: Possible I guess. We had a good long look at this at OPGWC....water being of prime importance in the desert...and decided it just really wasn't worth the time and effort getting it to work.

Sleeping: I thought someone was working on this rock.gif

Weapon malfunctions: wink_o.gif

Engine problems on cars: Good idea. I think incorporating into the addon is a good idea...but with an "On/Off" switch for scripters smile_o.gif

I can see how they can all be done, but I can't see how any one of them would be fun.

Having to stop playing (and doing what IS fun) and eat, sleep, fix your weapon, and fix your car may be realistic - but not an aspect of realism that is brought out in wargaming. Flashpoint is fun because it takes action scenarios and adds immersion through realism in firefights. RPGs take living out the life of a character and add fun through immersion using the realistic apsects you describe, but OFP gamers aren't usually RPG gamers.

Maybe if just AI had jammed weapons and you could run up and taunt them verbally while they yell out in fear - then jammed weapons would be fun. Surrendering scripts would be great to have in OFP! Walking around with 20 soviets with hands on there heads to hurt the morale of the other enemies(decrease their skill with (setskill (skill * .7))) - that would be a great OFP RPG element.

I can see how they can all be done, but I can't see how any one of them would be fun.

Having to stop playing (and doing what IS fun) and eat, sleep, fix your weapon, and fix your car may be realistic - but not an aspect of realism that is brought out in wargaming. Flashpoint is fun because it takes action scenarios and adds immersion through realism in firefights. RPGs take living out the life of a character and add fun through immersion using the realistic apsects you describe, but OFP gamers aren't usually RPG gamers.

Maybe if just AI had jammed weapons and you could run up and taunt them verbally while they yell out in fear - then jammed weapons would be fun. Surrendering scripts would be great to have in OFP! Walking around with 20 soviets with hands on there heads to hurt the morale of the other enemies(decrease their skill with (setskill (skill * .7))) - that would be a great OFP RPG element.

Ya I see what you mean but these things are fun in a way...Imagine having a mission say set in Iraq and your squad is cut off, with water running very low and you have to scavenge water from anywhere you can, same goes with food. These things are sort of the mundane everyday things, but they add tension, especially jams and engine trouble. Trust me, done right, these things definately would be fun.

"Flashpoint is fun because it takes action scenarios and adds immersion through realism in firefights." Weapon jams are exactly realism through firefights, and they DO add immersion. If you've played Americas Army, you know what I mean, weapon jams add a ton of tension, for example if you run up to an enemy position and shoot at them from behind a sandbag, and then your weapon jams, and you hear enemies coming up towards you. That would be pretty fun IMO. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-Sleeping: You must sleep for at least 4 (for example) hours a day, or else after 1-2 days you will pass out, where you won't die but you will lie there and be vulnerable, also maybe 10% of your health will be taken away to make things interesting. Might be a bit hard but nonetheless possible I think.

I found a sleeping script, but I really don't see the point of it because you don't have any negative effects if you don't sleep. Also, adding to my original suggestion, you can only walk if you don't sleep.

I have a question, how can I make an animation loop? Say I want a civilian to look like they're talking through "effectstandtalk", but when I do that they stop playing the animation after like 30 seconds. So how can I make it loop?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#loop

man switchmove "effectstandtalk"

~30

goto "loop"

though im sure theres going to be a more efficiant way of doing this, but thats a start

Thanks for the help, worked. Anyways, I'm going to attempt to make a few script myself, one of them a realistic police script. Here's the things I want it to do:

(All of these things come into play ONLY when an authority figure [police, KGB types, etc] sees you doing it)

-Arrested when you break into a car (there is a command for setting a car from locked to unlocked, right?)

-Fired upon for firing a weapon (I do not want to use addrating because then EVERYONE will consider you an enemy, I'd rather set the player to setcaptive first off, and then use an eventhandler for fired and set it to setcaptive false, when a officer is within 60 meters for example, and can see you)

-Having a visible weapon on you will get you arrested, this includes any rifles on your back, so only pistols can be hidden in public, and rifles must be stored in cars.

-Speeding will get a police officer to stop your car, and you must pay for a speeding ticket, or if the speeding was WAY above limit, your license will be revoked.

-Firing at someone and killing them makes all police officers be on alert for your presence.

Every factor runs out after a while if you are not spotted after being caught for a while by the same person who spotted you or evading a whole manhunt team. Being arrested means you have a to pay a fine depending on the offense and you are stripped of all your possesions at the time of the arrest (weapons, items).

I want to make it so that if anyone from the east side spots you commiting a crime, you will not be setcaptive = true, and they will fire on you, and for a smaller thing (visible weapon), they will run up to you and after two seconds, the screen turns black and you teleport to the police station, with all of your possesions removed. Can someone please help me do this?

I have another question (I know, I know, I've been asking a lot), I want to make a banking system, and the abilites to deposit, and withdraw, as well as cashing paychecks. I want to have one of those grey interfaces with buttons and stuff for each of the options, and then the possibility to type in the amount you wish to deposit/withdraw. Is this at all possible?