Sign in to follow this  
Sxep

Speed feeling

I wonder if it is posible for BIS to improve the Speed Feeling for OFP2.

It isn´t very good at the moment, in my opinion.

Maybe make sort of a tunnel view when you fly Fast with a chopper/plane.

How do you guys think about this?

no thanks

tunnel view when flying fast...nope, would be very annoying and besides, it doesnt happen in real life so why implement it in OFP2.

personally i think its fine as it is, maybe some polishing up but essentially its fine

It feels fast when your flying fast and at low altitude in 1st person view, but i agree that it could use some improvements specialy cars and ground vehicals smile_o.gif .

Uhm maybe i used the wrong word for tunnelview.

Maybe when you fly/drive 200 the eges of the screen should blur a bit..just a litle bit.

hmm there was a nice racinggame that had that effect.

Can´t remember the name. It was a Motorcycle race. hmmm....

I think any form of restriction of view, blurring, tunnel or whatever, is a bad idea. How the hell am I expected to spot and dodge the SAMs as I fly over the Ho Chi Minh trail if my vision suddenly blurs?! rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

I think any form of restriction of view, blurring, tunnel or whatever, is a bad idea. How the hell am I expected to spot and dodge the SAMs as I fly over the Ho Chi Minh trail if my vision suddenly blurs?!  rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

LOL man Did you ever Drive over 200 kmh with a car?

Its your Brain that makes your vision/field of view Smaller.

I don´t know whats going on in it  wink_o.gif ...

ANd you ever heared of Viewing/Turning your head with by pressing ALT in OFP?

thats all well and good, but when you are low and fast like Major Gripe mentioned, if you turn round in the cockpit chances are you will crash due to OFP's "unique" sensativity and controls

and for the record your vision doesnt "blur" when you go over 200 or whatever, what you are refering to is when the surrounding scenery moves so fast your brain cant keep up (cant think of an easier way to describe) but it only effects you when either on the ground (vehicle) or very low (aircraft)

Well visually what you see isint going through your head smoothly.

The brain takes small quick screenshots kinda. Like a quick slideshow almost. That doesnt mean we see everything stutter. Basically when we move in a vehicle at say 20MPH Our brain is calculating frame by frame.

Visual looks smooth to us, but our brain reads it like a very fast slideshow basically.

What does this gotta do with Visual speed effects?

Well, basically when your traveling at high speeds it takes a longer time to react to things ahead of you. Not make stuff blurry and wierd. Thats only when your high tounge_o.gif

Speed effects I can't see possible. When I floor a Spider Eclipse down a road I don't see the corners blurr like I'm entering lightspeed into Dagobah to see master Yoda.

There are no visual speed effects in real life.

However, next time your driving in a car, focus on one location on your right or left car window

(not while driving kids)

you will see stuff blurr. If your mentally retarded and have a cold stare out the window, thats the only time you will see stuff Blurr.

Either I am really being a smartass today, or I just need sleep.

I'm an idiot in real life people, I just want you to know.